• Many Conspiracy Theories Don't Deserve Any Attention

From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 24 23:49:42 2023
    Replaying some previous Internet discussions....

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing gas making that
    claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

Now, go over to Davey's site and see if he notes this false claim in RH. Nope.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one of the
    hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading Bugliosi's book)
    -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even if he had
    written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me. Well, so
    be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

Why did he [Vincent Bugliosi] say it in the first place then?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer popping up out
    of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on his head.
    Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty conspiracy
    theory could be explored in-depth and debunked individually to the satisfaction of CTers. (What could ever "satisfy" a CTer anyway? I know of nothing that could accomplish that task.)

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put your full
    support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the equally-as-
    nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

http://DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Aug 25 03:17:21 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 2:49:44 AM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing gas making
    that claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one of the
    hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading Bugliosi's
    book) -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even if he had
    written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me. Well, so
    be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer popping up out
    of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on his head.
    Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty conspiracy
    theory could be explored in-depth and debunked individually to the satisfaction of CTers. (What could ever "satisfy" a CTer anyway? I know of nothing that could accomplish that task.)

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put your full
    support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the equally-as-
    nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

Corbett and Bud really need to tell David how unimportant this all really is. At least that's what they tell people who disagree with them. But when such a fanatic as DVP, who agrees with them, makes a big stink, apparently Dee and Dumb don't mind. So,
    it's okay for Nutter Retards to think the assassination is important, but not for people who know that it was a conspiracy. This is Nutter Logic once again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 25 03:35:29 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 6:17:23 AM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    Corbett and Bud really need to tell David how unimportant this all really is.

It's really important to only one person, Von Pein. Nobody else gives a shit about his "arguments".

Notice that David Von Pein posts no evidence.
    No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos
    David Von Pein does no research of his own, preferring to take the lazy way out and fall back on the conclusions of the Warren Commission Report and others like Myers, Posner and his patron saint, Bugliosi.
    What David Von Pein DOES post are comments, speculation, opinions, insults and links to his blog where the John Fettermans of the world can cheer him on as he "argues" with the world's best JFK researchers.

You can gain NO KNOWLEDGE from his posts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 25 04:41:12 2023

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing gas making
    that claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading Bugliosi's
    book) -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even if he
    had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me. Well,
    so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer popping up
    out of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the equally-
    as-nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

Your ideas and your activity is unimportant, even meaningless. You are in a hamster wheel and you say to yourself "look at me go!. But you are only deluding yourself, you haven`t moved a bit and you never will.

At least that's what they tell people who disagree with them. But when such a fanatic as DVP, who agrees with them, makes a big stink, apparently Dee and Dumb don't mind. So, it's okay for Nutter Retards to think the assassination is important, but not
    for people who know that it was a conspiracy.

That we landed on the moon is relatively important. That people say we didn`t is not.

This is Nutter Logic once again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Aug 25 04:36:38 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 6:35:31 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    It's really important to only one person, Von Pein. Nobody else gives a shit about his "arguments".

Notice that David Von Pein posts no evidence.

He post reasoning, which means thinking, which you have no use for.

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos
    David Von Pein does no research of his own, preferring to take the lazy way out and fall back on the conclusions of the Warren Commission Report and others like Myers, Posner and his patron saint, Bugliosi.
    What David Von Pein DOES post are comments, speculation, opinions, insults and links to his blog where the John Fettermans of the world can cheer him on as he "argues" with the world's best JFK researchers.

You can gain NO KNOWLEDGE from his posts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Bud on Fri Aug 25 04:49:43 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 7:41:14 AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one of
    the hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even if he
    had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me. Well,
    so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer popping up
    out of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on his
    head. Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty
    conspiracy theory could be explored in-depth and debunked individually to the satisfaction of CTers. (What could ever "satisfy" a CTer anyway? I know of nothing that could accomplish that task.)

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put your
    full support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the equally-
    as-nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

Your ideas and your activity is unimportant, even meaningless. You are in a hamster wheel and you say to yourself "look at me go!. But you are only deluding yourself, you haven`t moved a bit and you never will.
    At least that's what they tell people who disagree with them. But when such a fanatic as DVP, who agrees with them, makes a big stink, apparently Dee and Dumb don't mind. So, it's okay for Nutter Retards to think the assassination is important, but
    not for people who know that it was a conspiracy.
    That we landed on the moon is relatively important. That people say we didn`t is not.
    This is Nutter Logic once again.

Boy you are stupid! Or girl. You're probably a tranny.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 25 07:24:19 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

My deas and my activity is unimportant, even meaningless.

Indeed.

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it. (Without immediately denying it.)

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to davevonpein@aol.com on Fri Aug 25 07:24:19 2023
    On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 23:49:42 -0700 (PDT), David Von Pein
    <davevonpein@aol.com> wrote:

And yet, some conspiracy theories are supported by the evidence...

And all you can do is run away.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Aug 25 09:18:22 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 9:24:23 AM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <davev...@aol.com> wrote:

Name them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Aug 25 10:17:01 2023

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

If 60 years ago the conspiracy believers/theorists were offered this deal: "Over the next half century we'll have millions of pages of documents related to the assassination released by the government; we'll have multiple government investigations by
    several generations of Americans of all backgrounds; we'll have multiple news media investigations by, again several generations of reporters and journalists; and we'll have investigations done by historians and investigative reporters on the major and
    many minor figures in the assassination. Would you accept their findings?"
    They would say "Yes, that's all we want." But here we are and here they are with the same old questions that have been answered again and again and again. They will not accept any investigation that doesn't support their conspiracy.
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent and all of the people who conducted them - many of whom were/are fans of JFK - liars, that the entire near 60 year effort has been part of the original conspiracy to kill JFK is, frankly, an
    insane belief. It cannot be done. A Hitler or a Stalin could not pull of such an act. And you certainly can't do it in an open system like we have here. It is impossible.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Fri Aug 25 12:58:19 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 12:17:03 PM UTC-5, Steven Galbraith wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

If 60 years ago the conspiracy believers/theorists were offered this deal: "Over the next half century we'll have millions of pages of documents related to the assassination released by the government; we'll have multiple government investigations by
    several generations of Americans of all backgrounds; we'll have multiple news media investigations by, again several generations of reporters and journalists; and we'll have investigations done by historians and investigative reporters on the major and
    They would say "Yes, that's all we want." But here we are and here they are with the same old questions that have been answered again and again and again. They will not accept any investigation that doesn't support their conspiracy.
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent and all of the people who conducted them - many of whom were/are fans of JFK - liars, that the entire near 60 year effort has been part of the original conspiracy to kill JFK is, frankly, an
    insane belief. It cannot be done. A Hitler or a Stalin could not pull of such an act. And you certainly can't do it in an open system like we have here. It is impossible.

They can't even agree on what might have happened. Different Captains on different ships carrying different cargo at different speeds in different directions on different oceans to different ports, yet they all pretend to be part of the same convoy: Team
    Oswald.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Fri Aug 25 13:41:27 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 3:58:21 PM UTC-4, Chuck Schuyler wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one of
    the hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on his
    head. Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty
    conspiracy theory could be explored in-depth and debunked individually to the satisfaction of CTers. (What could ever "satisfy" a CTer anyway? I know of nothing that could accomplish that task.)

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put your
    full support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

They can't even agree on what might have happened. Different Captains on different ships carrying different cargo at different speeds in different directions on different oceans to different ports, yet they all pretend to be part of the same convoy:
    Team Oswald.
    Yes, and all because, it's claimed, JFK was some sort of radical president, a transformational one who was going to somehow end the Cold War, leave Vietnam, make nice with Castro and otherwise dismantle the national security "war" state. And he was
    killed to stop him from accomplishing all of this. Baloney. He was a moderate on domestic issues and a Cold Warrior on foreign policy. He wanted to normalize relations with Moscow to prevent a nuclear conflict but he wasn't going to surrender to them.
    And it was the communists who were the cause of the conflict not the evil military industrial complex.
    Case in point: JFK is killed and the covert war, e.g., Operation Mongoose, the Special Groups Augmented, on Cuba essentially ends. That was all pushed by the Kennedys - it wasn't the CIA doing it - and it ended with JFK's death. If he was killed, in part,
    because he was "soft" on Castro then why did these evil militarists lets LBJ end all of that nonsense? I thought they ran foreign policy?
    It's all conspiracy nonsense from beginning to end.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Fri Aug 25 14:17:34 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 4:41:29 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing gas
    making that claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading Bugliosi'
    s book) -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even if
    he had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me.
    Well, so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer popping
    up out of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the
    equally-as-nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

If 60 years ago the conspiracy believers/theorists were offered this deal: "Over the next half century we'll have millions of pages of documents related to the assassination released by the government; we'll have multiple government investigations
    by several generations of Americans of all backgrounds; we'll have multiple news media investigations by, again several generations of reporters and journalists; and we'll have investigations done by historians and investigative reporters on the major
    and many minor figures in the assassination. Would you accept their findings?"
    They can't even agree on what might have happened. Different Captains on different ships carrying different cargo at different speeds in different directions on different oceans to different ports, yet they all pretend to be part of the same convoy:
    Team Oswald.
    Yes, and all because, it's claimed, JFK was some sort of radical president, a transformational one who was going to somehow end the Cold War, leave Vietnam, make nice with Castro and otherwise dismantle the national security "war" state. And he was
    killed to stop him from accomplishing all of this. Baloney. He was a moderate on domestic issues and a Cold Warrior on foreign policy. He wanted to normalize relations with Moscow to prevent a nuclear conflict but he wasn't going to surrender to them.
    And it was the communists who were the cause of the conflict not the evil military industrial complex.
    Case in point: JFK is killed and the covert war, e.g., Operation Mongoose, the Special Groups Augmented, on Cuba essentially ends. That was all pushed by the Kennedys - it wasn't the CIA doing it - and it ended with JFK's death. If he was killed, in
    part, because he was "soft" on Castro then why did these evil militarists lets LBJ end all of that nonsense? I thought they ran foreign policy?

JFK was loathed by the progressive wing of the Democrat Party in 1960. Eleanor Roosevelt
    couldn't stand him and only late in the general election campaign was persuaded to give him a
    lukewarm endorsement. Humphrey was the early favorite of the progressive wing and when his
    campaign sank, Stuart Symington was their next choice. Some even favored given Adlai
    Stephenson a third bite of the apple instead of JFK. Back then there were actually intelligent
    Democrats who realized that kowtowing to the progressive wing was a really bad idea.
    Obviously, that was a long time ago. The Democrats have since put the progressives in the
    driver's seat.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Aug 25 14:19:54 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 10:24:26 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Indeed.

Ben has to change my words, that is how thoroughly I own this troll.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 25 14:30:11 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 14:19:54 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 10:24:26?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:41:12 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Indeed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Fri Aug 25 14:32:08 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:18:22 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 9:24:23?AM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:

Name them.

Grassy Knoll shooter. Supported by the immediate and large numbers of witnesses who pointed there... as well as Connally's wrist wound.

You lose.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Fri Aug 25 14:35:18 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 14:17:34 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

JFK was loathed by the progressive wing of the Democrat Party in 1960. Eleanor Roosevelt
    couldn't stand him and only late in the general election campaign was persuaded to give him a
    lukewarm endorsement. Humphrey was the early favorite of the progressive wing and when his
    campaign sank, Stuart Symington was their next choice. Some even favored given Adlai
    Stephenson a third bite of the apple instead of JFK. Back then there were actually intelligent
    Democrats who realized that kowtowing to the progressive wing was a really bad idea.
    Obviously, that was a long time ago. The Democrats have since put the progressives in the
    driver's seat.

Your unsupported opinions are lies, according to Chickenshit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Fri Aug 25 14:33:54 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 12:58:19 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

They can't even agree on what might have happened.

I don't know of a critic who doesn't accept that there were multiple
    shooters in Dealey Plaza.

You lose...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Fri Aug 25 15:16:21 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 5:17:37 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing gas
    making that claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one
    of the hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading
    Bugliosi's book) -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even
    if he had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me.
    Well, so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer
    popping up out of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on
    his head. Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put
    your full support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

Now if you truly think that THAT "No Bag At All" theory is one that Vincent Bugliosi should have attempted to debunk in any fashion in his book, then you've gone off the deep end. Because that kind of crackpot fringe theory---along with the
    equally-as-nonsensical "Marrion Baker Never Really Encountered Lee Harvey Oswald In The Lunchroom At All" theory---only deserves to be laughed at (IMO).

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

If 60 years ago the conspiracy believers/theorists were offered this deal: "Over the next half century we'll have millions of pages of documents related to the assassination released by the government; we'll have multiple government
    investigations by several generations of Americans of all backgrounds; we'll have multiple news media investigations by, again several generations of reporters and journalists; and we'll have investigations done by historians and investigative reporters
    on the major and many minor figures in the assassination. Would you accept their findings?"
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent and all of the people who conducted them - many of whom were/are fans of JFK - liars, that the entire near 60 year effort has been part of the original conspiracy to kill JFK is, frankly,
    an insane belief. It cannot be done. A Hitler or a Stalin could not pull of such an act. And you certainly can't do it in an open system like we have here. It is impossible.
    Team Oswald.
    Case in point: JFK is killed and the covert war, e.g., Operation Mongoose, the Special Groups Augmented, on Cuba essentially ends. That was all pushed by the Kennedys - it wasn't the CIA doing it - and it ended with JFK's death. If he was killed, in
    part, because he was "soft" on Castro then why did these evil militarists lets LBJ end all of that nonsense? I thought they ran foreign policy?
    driver's seat.
    Once he got the nomination they turned on a dime and supported him. They certainly weren't going to help the loathed Nixon.
    But again, this idea that JFK was some sort of pacifist, someone who was going to somehow "end" the Cold War and it was for that that he was killed is simply for me without foundation. And the claim he was going to just pull out of Vietnam - *regardless
    of the situation* - is also without any truth. He wanted to avoid sending in ground troops but he wasn't going to hand the South over to Hanoi either. What was he going to do? Hell if I know; but on November 22, 1963 he wasn't simply go to abandon the
    battlefield.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Aug 25 16:11:20 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 4:32:12 PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:18:22 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chucksch...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 9:24:23?AM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:

Name them.

Grassy Knoll shooter. Supported by the immediate and large numbers of witnesses who pointed there... as well as Connally's wrist wound.

So just one?

You lose.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Aug 25 16:16:05 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 4:33:58 PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 12:58:19 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chucksch...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know of a critic who doesn't accept that there were multiple shooters in Dealey Plaza.

They all agree with Don Willis that there was a shooter on the fifth floor and somebody trundled the evidence to the sixth floor?

They all agree with Sky Throne that Tippit was shot in Dealey Plaza?

They all agree with you that JFK's body or coffin was somehow diverted/kidnapped/swapped-out for a secret pre-autopsy to remove bullets and cover up the true number of shots and the direction they were fired from?

They all agree with Boris the Truther a/k/a David Drummond that Oswald was complicit somehow?

You lose...

You'll always be undefeated in your mind.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Fri Aug 25 18:28:11 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 1:17:03 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent...is, frankly, an insane belief.

Amen.

BEN HOLMES SAID:

We've had a number of times where evidence was newly released to the public, and I cannot recall a *SINGLE* instance in which the new material didn't present real problems for Warren Commission believers.

Can any believer document the release of ANYTHING after the Warren Commission volumes that *helped* the Warren Commission's case?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sure can. Lots of stuff. (Watch Ben now move the goalposts. He asked above whether there was "ANYTHING" that was released after the WC volumes that has "helped" the Warren Commission's case. But the following list of "ANYTHINGS" probably won't count in
    Ben's bizarre world.) ....

"In the final analysis, the committee based its finding that the shots that struck President Kennedy were fired from the Texas School Book Depository on the quantity and quality of the evidence, to wit: The findings of forensic pathologists that the
    shots that hit the President came from behind." -- Page 51 of the HSCA Final Report

"The evidence indicates that the autopsy photographs and X-rays were taken of President Kennedy at the time of his autopsy and that they had not been altered in any manner." -- Page 41 of HSCA Volume 7

"The decedent's head was struck from behind by a single projectile. It entered the occipital region 25 mm. to the right of the midline and 100 mm. above the external occipital protuberance." -- 1968 Clark Panel Report

"Examination of the clothing and of the photographs and X-rays taken at autopsy reveal that President Kennedy was struck by two bullets fired from above and behind him, one of which traversed the base of the neck on the right side without striking bone
    and the other of which entered the skull from behind and exploded its right side." -- 1968 Clark Panel Report

"On the basis of the investigation conducted by its staff, the Commission believes that there is no evidence to support the claim that President Kennedy was struck by a bullet fired from either the grassy knoll or any other position to his front, right
    front or right side, and that the motions of the President’s head and body, following the shot that struck him in the head, are fully consistent with that shot having come from a point to his rear, above him and slightly to his right."
    -- Page 264 of the Rockefeller Commission Final Report

"In truth, Jim Garrison, and hence the Oliver Stone movie, has been discredited by these documents [released by the ARRB]. If you read them, you see he did not have a case. He had nothing to build it on. .... He simply didn't have a case. And for that
    reason, I think you can discard that conspiracy." -- Anna K. Nelson of the ARRB; October 10, 1998

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/01/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1227.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Fri Aug 25 18:38:19 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 9:28:13 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 1:17:03 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent...is, frankly, an insane belief.

Amen.

"Amen," says DVP to his coreligionist. Nutter Retards really do love their orthodoxy!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Fri Aug 25 18:50:04 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 6:16:22 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written one
    of the hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

A statement like Vince made ("I'll present things as the conspiracy theorists themselves would present them") is a No Win situation for Vince, because there is always going to be some CTer out there who will be able to say (after reading
    Bugliosi's book) -- See, I told you so. Bugliosi's nothing but a liar! He didn't present THIS part of the case in the exact way I think it should have been presented, and therefore I get to call Vince a cheat and a liar.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome even
    if he had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with me.
    Well, so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I don't have the slightest idea. But, as I said, such a "pledge" (as you like to call it) by Vince Bugliosi is really a No-Win proposition for Vince, for the reason I stated previously. Because there's always going to be a potential CTer
    popping up out of the woodwork in the future who could say that Vince didn't honor his "pledge".

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device on
    his head. Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty

Another example of how a CTer's outer-fringe theory doesn't really even deserve to be included in a book like Reclaiming History (and I don't think it was included by Vince in his book, come to think of it) is a theory that you, Jim D., put
    your full support behind and have for years --- the theory of how Wesley Frazier and Linnie Randle (with the help of the evil DPD) just MADE UP the story about seeing Lee Oswald carrying any kind of a long-ish brown paper bag on the morning of 11/22/63.

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

If 60 years ago the conspiracy believers/theorists were offered this deal: "Over the next half century we'll have millions of pages of documents related to the assassination released by the government; we'll have multiple government
    investigations by several generations of Americans of all backgrounds; we'll have multiple news media investigations by, again several generations of reporters and journalists; and we'll have investigations done by historians and investigative reporters
    on the major and many minor figures in the assassination. Would you accept their findings?"
    The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent and all of the people who conducted them - many of whom were/are fans of JFK - liars, that the entire near 60 year effort has been part of the original conspiracy to kill JFK is, frankly,
    an insane belief. It cannot be done. A Hitler or a Stalin could not pull of such an act. And you certainly can't do it in an open system like we have here. It is impossible.
    They can't even agree on what might have happened. Different Captains on different ships carrying different cargo at different speeds in different directions on different oceans to different ports, yet they all pretend to be part of the same
    convoy: Team Oswald.
    Case in point: JFK is killed and the covert war, e.g., Operation Mongoose, the Special Groups Augmented, on Cuba essentially ends. That was all pushed by the Kennedys - it wasn't the CIA doing it - and it ended with JFK's death. If he was killed,
    in part, because he was "soft" on Castro then why did these evil militarists lets LBJ end all of that nonsense? I thought they ran foreign policy?
    driver's seat.
    Once he got the nomination they turned on a dime and supported him. They certainly weren't going to help the loathed Nixon.

The irony is that in the early years in Congress, Nixon and JFK were anti-Communist allies. JFK
    contributed $1000 to Nixon's Senate campaign against Helen Douglas, whom he branded The
    Pink Lady. It's well known the Kennedys were also close allies of Joe McCarthy. All these are
    reasons the left wing Democrats were dead set against Kennedy being the nominee.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 26 00:29:30 2023
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 9:50:07 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 6:16:22 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

I...showed...that [Vincent] Bugliosi could not be trusted since he said upfront that he would present the critics' arguments as they would want them presented. I then showed this was not at all the case. In other words, Vince was passing
    gas making that claim. I spend five pages in the intro to Reclaiming Parkland demonstrating how Bugliosi violated his own pledge. Therefore, how could the book be trusted?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

In order for Vince to completely live up to his claim that he would present the case "as the critics would present it", Vince would have had to touch base with every single CTer who has ever posted on the Internet (or who has ever written
    one of the hundreds of books on the case), because almost every CTer has at least a slightly different theory or approach to the evidence in the case.

It's impossible to please a JFK CTer. And by setting the bar so high with those words Vince used ("present the case as conspiracists want it presented"), it became a hurdle that would have been just about impossible for Vince to overcome
    even if he had written 10,000 pages instead of just 2,800. But I, myself, think Vince did just fine in debunking virtually all of the major conspiracy theories connected with the JFK murder case. Many CTers, quite naturally, will vehemently disagree with
    me. Well, so be it.

JAMES DiEUGENIO SAID:

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

For example, let's say that the loony Brian David Andersen (the author of the "JFK Faked His Own Death" theory) pops up tomorrow and complains about Vince not thoroughly debunking his crazy theory about JFK exploding a pyrotechnics device
    on his head. Any number of insane theories (and maybe even some that aren't quite as insane as Andersen's fantasy) could have been added to Bugliosi's long book. But Vince (and his publisher) knew his book had to come to an end sometime. Not every nutty

David Von Pein
    July 2015
    May 2018

The idea that all of these investigations were fraudulent and all of the people who conducted them - many of whom were/are fans of JFK - liars, that the entire near 60 year effort has been part of the original conspiracy to kill JFK is,
    frankly, an insane belief. It cannot be done. A Hitler or a Stalin could not pull of such an act. And you certainly can't do it in an open system like we have here. It is impossible.
    They can't even agree on what might have happened. Different Captains on different ships carrying different cargo at different speeds in different directions on different oceans to different ports, yet they all pretend to be part of the same
    convoy: Team Oswald.
    Yes, and all because, it's claimed, JFK was some sort of radical president, a transformational one who was going to somehow end the Cold War, leave Vietnam, make nice with Castro and otherwise dismantle the national security "war" state. And he
    was killed to stop him from accomplishing all of this. Baloney. He was a moderate on domestic issues and a Cold Warrior on foreign policy. He wanted to normalize relations with Moscow to prevent a nuclear conflict but he wasn't going to surrender to them.
    Case in point: JFK is killed and the covert war, e.g., Operation Mongoose, the Special Groups Augmented, on Cuba essentially ends. That was all pushed by the Kennedys - it wasn't the CIA doing it - and it ended with JFK's death. If he was killed,
    in part, because he was "soft" on Castro then why did these evil militarists lets LBJ end all of that nonsense? I thought they ran foreign policy?
    driver's seat.
    The irony is that in the early years in Congress, Nixon and JFK were anti-Communist allies. JFK
    contributed $1000 to Nixon's Senate campaign against Helen Douglas, whom he branded The
    Pink Lady. It's well known the Kennedys were also close allies of Joe McCarthy. All these are
    reasons the left wing Democrats were dead set against Kennedy being the nominee.

The irony is that John "George" Corbett is exactly the kind of "conservative" who would have thought that Ike was a communist and who would have cheered the murder of JFK, whoever had done it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Wed Aug 30 07:54:43 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:16:05 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 4:33:58?PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 12:58:19 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler
    <chucksch...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know of a critic who doesn't accept that there were multiple
    shooters in Dealey Plaza.

I deleted your logical fallacies...

I just PROVED your claim to be false.

That makes you a liar.

You lose...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to davevonpein@aol.com on Wed Aug 30 07:54:43 2023
    On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 18:28:11 -0700 (PDT), David Von Pein
    <davevonpein@aol.com> wrote:

On Friday, August 25, 2023 at 1:17:03?PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:

Amen.

BEN HOLMES SAID:

We've had a number of times where evidence was newly released to
    the public, and I cannot recall a *SINGLE* instance in which the new
    material didn't present real problems for Warren Commission believers.

Can any believer document the release of ANYTHING after the Warren
    Commission volumes that *helped* the Warren Commission's case?

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Sure can. Lots of stuff.

And yet, not a *SINGLE* cite to any released information. *NOT ONE*

(Watch Ben now move the goalposts.

Goalpost never changed. You never reached it.

And yes, as usual, I simply deleted your logical fallacies. If you
    cannot CITE released documents and show how they *helped* the Warren Commission's case... then... As usual...

You lose.

As you do...

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05