• Alternate History

From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 19 13:34:40 2023
    In research for another thread, I came across the following discussion group called Alternate History:

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/oswald-does-not-ask-for-a-sweater.370537/#:~:text=When%20the%20police%20were%20going%20to%20transport%20Oswald,Oswald.%20Before%20leaving%2C%20Oswald%20asked%20for%20a%20sweater.

The statement that Oswald's request for a sweater before being transferred I believe is accurate as I have heard that before and that request probably cost
    Oswald his life as it delayed his transfer long enough for Ruby to arrive in the
    basement garage.

That brings up an interesting scenario. I'm going to make two assumptions,
    one I am almost certain of and the other I think is probable.

1 Oswald would have easily been convicted and sentenced to die in the Texas electric chair for the murders of JFK and J. D. Tippit.

2. Oswald would have used the appellate courts to delay his execution until
    the Supreme Court vacated all pending death sentences in 1971.

If those two things happened, Oswald might still be alive today, with as much chance of making parole as Charles Manson did before he died. The
    fascinating question is would Oswald have ever owned up to his deed? Would
    he still be denying it? Or would he defiantly just refuse to say anything at all
    about the assassination. That is pretty much the approach he took when his brother Robert visited him in jail. I think any of the scenarios is possible but
    my gut feeling is Oswald would have wanted the attention and would have spoken about the assassination to any journalist or author willing to write about him. Whether he would have continued to deny it or proudly taken credit for it is anybody's guess.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 19 15:07:14 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:34:42 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    In research for another thread, I came across the following discussion group called Alternate History:

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/oswald-does-not-ask-for-a-sweater.370537/#:~:text=When%20the%20police%20were%20going%20to%20transport%20Oswald,Oswald.%20Before%20leaving%2C%20Oswald%20asked%20for%20a%20sweater.

The statement that Oswald's request for a sweater before being transferred I believe is accurate as I have heard that before and that request probably cost
    Oswald his life as it delayed his transfer long enough for Ruby to arrive in the
    basement garage.

That brings up an interesting scenario. I'm going to make two assumptions, one I am almost certain of and the other I think is probable.

1 Oswald would have easily been convicted and sentenced to die in the Texas electric chair for the murders of JFK and J. D. Tippit.

2. Oswald would have used the appellate courts to delay his execution until the Supreme Court vacated all pending death sentences in 1971.

If those two things happened, Oswald might still be alive today, with as much
    chance of making parole as Charles Manson did before he died. The fascinating question is would Oswald have ever owned up to his deed? Would he still be denying it? Or would he defiantly just refuse to say anything at all
    about the assassination. That is pretty much the approach he took when his brother Robert visited him in jail. I think any of the scenarios is possible but
    my gut feeling is Oswald would have wanted the attention and would have spoken
    about the assassination to any journalist or author willing to write about him.
    Whether he would have continued to deny it or proudly taken credit for it is anybody's guess.

My guess would be he would continue with the course he had set, continue playing the "patsy" angle (without offering anything in support of the idea), stay vague about specifics without offering anything in support of his innocence. I would expect him
    to use his soapbox to take shots at America, capitalism, ect. Blame those things for Kennedy`s fate.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Healy@21:1/5 to Bud on Sat Aug 19 22:26:55 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:07:16 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    In research for another thread, I came across the following discussion group
    called Alternate History:

basement garage.

That brings up an interesting scenario. I'm going to make two assumptions, one I am almost certain of and the other I think is probable.

chance of making parole as Charles Manson did before he died. The fascinating question is would Oswald have ever owned up to his deed? Would he still be denying it? Or would he defiantly just refuse to say anything at all
    Whether he would have continued to deny it or proudly taken credit for it is
    anybody's guess.
    My guess would be he would continue with the course he had set, continue playing the "patsy" angle (without offering anything in support of the idea), stay vague about specifics without offering anything in support of his innocence. I would expect him
    to use his soapbox to take shots at America, capitalism, ect. Blame those things for Kennedy`s fate.

be nice if loon-nut fascists around these hereabouts would work from a more serious position than "opinions and assumptions." McMadman-ites simply have no-class <sigh>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to David Healy on Sun Aug 20 03:06:00 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 1:26:57 AM UTC-4, David Healy wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:07:16 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    In research for another thread, I came across the following discussion group
    called Alternate History:

basement garage.

That brings up an interesting scenario. I'm going to make two assumptions,
    one I am almost certain of and the other I think is probable.

chance of making parole as Charles Manson did before he died. The fascinating question is would Oswald have ever owned up to his deed? Would
    he still be denying it? Or would he defiantly just refuse to say anything at all
    about the assassination. That is pretty much the approach he took when his
    brother Robert visited him in jail. I think any of the scenarios is possible but
    Whether he would have continued to deny it or proudly taken credit for it is
    anybody's guess.
    My guess would be he would continue with the course he had set, continue playing the "patsy" angle (without offering anything in support of the idea), stay vague about specifics without offering anything in support of his innocence. I would expect
    him to use his soapbox to take shots at America, capitalism, ect. Blame those things for Kennedy`s fate.
    be nice if loon-nut fascists around these hereabouts would work from a more serious position than "opinions and assumptions." McMadman-ites simply have no-class <sigh>

It's hard to take any of these loons seriously.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 13:34:40 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

In research for another thread...

But never *evidence.*

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

My guess would be ...

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it.

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to dhealy98765432@gmail.com on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 22:26:55 -0700 (PDT), David Healy <dhealy98765432@gmail.com> wrote:

Speculation & logical fallacies are all they have...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05