• Why Corbett's motive that Oswald "wanted to be somebody" is Bullshit

From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 19 06:12:51 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50 AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:
    I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    somebody and a quirk of fate handed him a once in a lifetime opportunity to > do just that. He
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to achieve lasting noteriety
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at everything he did his whole
    life until the very end when he finally succeeded at something he set out to do.

He wanted so much to gain that fame, that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.

Denial after denial from a man who wanted nothing more than to let the world know he was GUILTY and put his name in the history books so he could be famous, like John Wilkes Booth ?

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    https://youtu.be/xKGp4WNZ7us

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Aug 19 06:34:15 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 9:12:53 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    somebody and a quirk of fate handed him a once in a lifetime opportunity to > do just that. He
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to achieve lasting noteriety
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at everything he did his whole
    life until the very end when he finally succeeded at something he set out to do.

He wanted so much to gain that fame, that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.

Denial after denial from a man who wanted nothing more than to let the world know he was GUILTY and put his name in the history books so he could be famous, like John Wilkes Booth ?

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

If Oswald was guilty (as a conspirator), it was probably because of the true American cult: $-MONEY-$! He had been shopping for a new Mercury Caliente for which he expected to pay cash. Money is the one true American god, not notoriety.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Aug 19 07:58:53 2023

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

I answered you in the other thread. I'm not going to bother retyping my reply.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Aug 19 08:07:15 2023

He wanted so much to gain that fame,

That isn`t necessarily the same thing. He might have wished to satisfy his own ego, to be significant in his own mind. If he goes through life the way he was, he was just another mindless drone like his co-workers, who he would rarely waste a word on.

Jordan Peterson said this about mass shooters, but I think it applies to Oswald as well...

"They would rather die notoriously than live anonymously."

that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.

And lie about why he was arrested.

Isn`t he?

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Aug 19 13:20:46 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:15:08 PM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 8:07:17 AM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at
    everything he did his whole

That isn`t necessarily the same thing. He might have wished to satisfy his own ego, to be significant in his own mind. If he goes through life the way he was, he was just another mindless drone like his co-workers, who he would rarely waste a word on.

Jordan Peterson said this about mass shooters, but I think it applies to Oswald as well...

that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.
    Isn`t he?
    Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    With regard to Oswald's thirst for fame, wasn't he upset that there was no media waiting for him at the airport when he returned to the U.S.?

I've heard that although I can't say where or state how reliable that claim is.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Bud on Sat Aug 19 13:15:06 2023

Isn`t he?
    Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

With regard to Oswald's thirst for fame, wasn't he upset that there was no media waiting for him at the airport when he returned to the U.S.?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Healy@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sun Aug 20 13:24:50 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 7:58:55 AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

no critic is buying your lone nut bullshit. You've been here and .john's cum as you are AAJ website near on 15+ years and the resounding opinion of those in the know state case evidence is not your suit, snookums'. Nor Bud's the Duster, nor Wanker
    Chuckles or Groov'in Hanksters' for that matter. So be grateful, this board is providing a public service, critics are helping in your fight with dementia, assisting you coming to grips with reality... and giving those 3 remaining brain cells of yours a
    bit of exercise... so, round'em up coyote -- hear-tell Gil is going to mow down a few more LHO done-do'ed it all by his lonesome here shortly...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to David Healy on Sun Aug 20 13:49:08 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 4:24:52 PM UTC-4, David Healy wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    no critic is buying your lone nut bullshit. You've been here and .john's cum as you are AAJ website near on 15+ years and the resounding opinion of those in the know state case evidence is not your suit, snookums'. Nor Bud's the Duster, nor Wanker
    Chuckles or Groov'in Hanksters' for that matter. So be grateful, this board is providing a public service, critics are helping in your fight with dementia, assisting you coming to grips with reality... and giving those 3 remaining brain cells of yours a
    bit of exercise... so, round'em up coyote -- hear-tell Gil is going to mow down a few more LHO done-do'ed it all by his lonesome here shortly...

HICCUP!!! Take another couple swigs from your bottom shelf whiskey and go back to sleep.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to David Healy on Sun Aug 20 14:45:33 2023

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

Your farewell to life is taking as long as your farewell to this forum, it just never happens.

Joking stoner, hope you continue to pop in. I just had a thought, can you get your name added to the Vietnam memorial if you can show your affliction is related to your service there?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Sun Aug 20 15:01:56 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 5:45:35 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to
    achieve lasting noteriety

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    Your farewell to life is taking as long as your farewell to this forum, it just never happens.

Joking stoner, hope you continue to pop in. I just had a thought, can you get your name added to the Vietnam memorial if you can show your affliction is related to your service there?

Maybe he is posting from the great beyond. If he is, he's probably feeling quite warm right now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sun Aug 20 21:13:53 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 9:00:30 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 6:12:53 AM UTC-7, Gil Jesus wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    According to Robert Oswald:

- [Their mother] had certain characteristics that were so much like Lee. The time and circumstances always seemed to be against her. The world owed her a living. She wanted to be somebody. I think this was passed on to Lee.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/documentary/oswald/transcript/

In another interview, Robert said:

- He wanted to be somebody and this opportunity came about coincidentally, nothing planned, nothing organized. It happened that way. It's one of those happenstances of history...His demeanor and his direction that he wanted to go was to be somebody. But
    then again, he's being held down by the society, you know, that he really wanted to take notice of him, and they didn't take notice of him...Lee's political demeanor was simply a method of getting attention. He wanted to stand out, no matter what the
    crowd was. He was gonna be different from the crowd...It's so coincidental that everything came together. Where he's just started to work and where the president was coming, and this was an opportunity he couldn't pass up, to be really somebody, and I
    don't think initially he thought he would be caught, period. He was gonna outsmart the authorities. He was gonna get away with it...You got to come all the way from childhood on up, and especially that last year of his life and understand what transpired
    in his life, and what didn't transpire in this life. And what didn't transpire in his life was the recognition by other people that he was better than they were.

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131463&page=1

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Aug 20 21:00:28 2023

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

- [Their mother] had certain characteristics that were so much like Lee. The time and circumstances always seemed to be against her. The world owed her a living. She wanted to be somebody. I think this was passed on to Lee.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sun Aug 20 22:53:52 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 12:13:55 AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

- He wanted to be somebody and this opportunity came about coincidentally, nothing planned, nothing organized. It happened that way. It's one of those happenstances of history...His demeanor and his direction that he wanted to go was to be somebody.
    But then again, he's being held down by the society, you know, that he really wanted to take notice of him, and they didn't take notice of him...Lee's political demeanor was simply a method of getting attention. He wanted to stand out, no matter what the
    crowd was. He was gonna be different from the crowd...It's so coincidental that everything came together. Where he's just started to work and where the president was coming, and this was an opportunity he couldn't pass up, to be really somebody, and I
    don't think initially he thought he would be caught, period. He was gonna outsmart the authorities. He was gonna get away with it...You got to come all the way from childhood on up, and especially that last year of his life and understand what transpired
    in his life, and what didn't transpire in this life. And what didn't transpire in his life was the recognition by other people that he was better than they were.

Yes, Robert did rather well with the murders.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 21 01:47:17 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 10:53:54 PM UTC-7, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

- He wanted to be somebody and this opportunity came about coincidentally, nothing planned, nothing organized. It happened that way. It's one of those happenstances of history...His demeanor and his direction that he wanted to go was to be somebody.
    But then again, he's being held down by the society, you know, that he really wanted to take notice of him, and they didn't take notice of him...Lee's political demeanor was simply a method of getting attention. He wanted to stand out, no matter what the

Yes, Robert did rather well with the murders.

Like mother, like son?:

- After a quick, makeshift [funeral] service [for her Lee], Marguerite barely missed a beat before stepping up to a television camera: "Lee Harvey Oswald, my son, even after his death, has done more for his country than any other living human being."
    It was a statement she memorialized by etching it in copper. It was one of many strange, discordant reactions that led many to question her sanity in the days and years ahead—and to find the likely source of many of her son’s problems.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/when-lee-harvey-oswald-shot-president-his-mother-tried-take-center-stage-180953351/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Aug 21 03:47:19 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 6:16:23 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

I had never read this before but it is pretty much in line with what I have believed. Oswald was
    just a little nobody who wanted to be a somebody and a quirk in fate handed him the opportunity
    to do just that. Killing JFK might have been the first thing he succeeded at in his whole pathetic
    excuse for a life and the delicious irony is he had just two days to enjoy his new found noteriety.
    Thank you again, Jack Ruby.

Typical "conservative" applauds murder.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Mon Aug 21 03:16:21 2023

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

I had never read this before but it is pretty much in line with what I have believed. Oswald was
    just a little nobody who wanted to be a somebody and a quirk in fate handed him the opportunity
    to do just that. Killing JFK might have been the first thing he succeeded at in his whole pathetic
    excuse for a life and the delicious irony is he had just two days to enjoy his new found noteriety.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 07:58:53 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 9:12:53?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50?AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

You've never answered. Stop lying.

And for intelligent people in this century, "cut & paste" replaces
    retyping.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 08:07:15 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50?AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

That isn`t necessarily the same thing.

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

Chickenshit is TERRIFIED of this simple honest question. He knows
    that Bugliosi was a moron if he truly thought this... yet you can't
    get Chickenshit to publicly acknowledge that Bugliosi said this.

It's a simple "Yes" or "No" question, and Chickenshit cannot cite
    where he has EVER answered it.

So it's going to keep getting asked until Chickenshit answers it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Aug 21 23:11:51 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 3:16:23 AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

Was Oswald the only "...little nobody who wanted to be somebody and a quirk of fate handed him the opportunity to do just that"?:

- “[Ruby] would do anything to attract attention to himself,” said Janet Conforto, his star dancer, also known as Jada. “He craved attention. He really wanted to be somebody, but didn’t have it in him."

https://themobmuseum.org/blog/did-the-chicago-mob-send-jack-ruby-to-dallas/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Mon Aug 21 23:41:45 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:11:53 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

But then again, he's being held down by the society, you know, that he really wanted to take notice of him, and they didn't take notice of him...Lee's political demeanor was simply a method of getting attention. He wanted to stand out, no matter what
    the crowd was. He was gonna be different from the crowd...It's so coincidental that everything came together. Where he's just started to work and where the president was coming, and this was an opportunity he couldn't pass up, to be really somebody, and
    I don't think initially he thought he would be caught, period. He was gonna outsmart the authorities. He was gonna get away with it...You got to come all the way from childhood on up, and especially that last year of his life and understand what
    transpired in his life, and what didn't transpire in this life. And what didn't transpire in his life was the recognition by other people that he was better than they were.

Was Oswald the only "...little nobody who wanted to be somebody and a quirk of fate handed him the opportunity to do just that"?:

- “[Ruby] would do anything to attract attention to himself,” said Janet Conforto, his star dancer, also known as Jada. “He craved attention. He really wanted to be somebody, but didn’t have it in him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiewQrpBBA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Mon Aug 21 23:31:29 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 11:11:53 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

But then again, he's being held down by the society, you know, that he really wanted to take notice of him, and they didn't take notice of him...Lee's political demeanor was simply a method of getting attention. He wanted to stand out, no matter what
    the crowd was. He was gonna be different from the crowd...It's so coincidental that everything came together. Where he's just started to work and where the president was coming, and this was an opportunity he couldn't pass up, to be really somebody, and
    I don't think initially he thought he would be caught, period. He was gonna outsmart the authorities. He was gonna get away with it...You got to come all the way from childhood on up, and especially that last year of his life and understand what
    transpired in his life, and what didn't transpire in this life. And what didn't transpire in his life was the recognition by other people that he was better than they were.

https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDSAteMTDT1yNMY

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Healy@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Aug 22 11:04:37 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 1:49:10 PM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    HICCUP!!! Take another couple swigs from your bottom shelf whiskey and go back to sleep.

I own you douche-bag... and mimicking Chuckles the reverse mortgage queen doesn't help your cred.... fucking worthless morons these .John Mcmadman-ites... lmfao!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to David Healy on Tue Aug 22 11:19:00 2023
    On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 1:04:38 PM UTC-5, David Healy wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

I own you douche-bag... and mimicking Chuckles the reverse mortgage queen doesn't help your cred.... fucking worthless morons these .John Mcmadman-ites... lmfao!

I see you're behaving gracefully right until the bitter end.

As Trump would say, "Sad!"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Tue Aug 22 11:53:59 2023
    On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 11:19:00 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

About you... of course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to David Healy on Tue Aug 22 13:01:42 2023
    On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 2:04:38 PM UTC-4, David Healy wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

I posted that two days ago. I guess you are just now waking up.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Aug 22 13:05:15 2023
    On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:01:42 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 2:04:38?PM UTC-4, David Healy wrote:
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 1:49:10?PM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 4:24:52?PM UTC-4, David Healy wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 7:58:55?AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote: >>>>> On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 9:12:53?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50?AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote: >>>>>>> I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to >>>>>>> achieve lasting noteriety
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at >>>>>>> everything he did his whole

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

Another logical fallacy... deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Healy@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Wed Aug 23 19:35:34 2023
    On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 11:19:02 AM UTC-7, Chuck Schuyler wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 1:04:38 PM UTC-5, David Healy wrote:

Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:
    no critic is buying your lone nut bullshit. You've been here and .john's cum as you are AAJ website near on 15+ years and the resounding opinion of those in the know state case evidence is not your suit, snookums'. Nor Bud's the Duster, nor
    Wanker Chuckles or Groov'in Hanksters' for that matter. So be grateful, this board is providing a public service, critics are helping in your fight with dementia, assisting you coming to grips with reality... and giving those 3 remaining brain cells of
    yours a bit of exercise... so, round'em up coyote -- hear-tell Gil is going to mow down a few more LHO done-do'ed it all by his lonesome here shortly...

all the way with LBJ or, was that Trickey-Dickie Nixon?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Aug 24 21:13:24 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:20:48 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:15:08 PM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

That isn`t necessarily the same thing. He might have wished to satisfy his own ego, to be significant in his own mind. If he goes through life the way he was, he was just another mindless drone like his co-workers, who he would rarely waste a word
    on.

Isn`t he?
    Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

His brother testified to that. https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/oswald_r.htm

— quote —
    Mr. JENNER. Did he make any comments when you met him at Love Field, and did you ride in with him from Love Field to your home?
    Mr. OSWALD. Yes. sir. We were in my personal car, and my wife and my children were with me. We met him and his wife and his baby. He seemed, perhaps the word is, disappointed, when there were no newspaper reporters around. He did comment on this.
    Mr. JENNER. Tell us what he said.
    Mr. OSWALD. I believe his comment was something. "What, no photographers or anything?"
    I said, "No, I have been able to keep it quiet."
    Mr. JENNER. And where was that remark made?
    Mr. OSWALD. At Love Field, as they came through the gate.
    — unquote —

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Aug 24 21:20:29 2023
    On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 10:44:42 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 13:20:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 4:15:08?PM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 8:07:17?AM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50?AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote: >>>>> I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to >>>>> achieve lasting noteriety

That isn`t necessarily the same thing. He might have wished to satisfy his own ego, to be significant in his own mind. If he goes through life the way he was, he was just another mindless drone like his co-workers, who he would rarely waste a word
    on.

Isn`t he?
    Ridiculous.
    And here's the proof:

IOW's, you acknowledge it to be an unsupported lie, but you don't want
    to step on a fellow believer...

Uh, Ben, you should know this, shouldn’t you?
    I mean, being such an expert on the assassination and all…

His brother testified to that. https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/oswald_r.htm

— quote —
    Mr. JENNER. Did he make any comments when you met him at Love Field, and did you ride in with him from Love Field to your home?
    Mr. OSWALD. Yes. sir. We were in my personal car, and my wife and my children were with me. We met him and his wife and his baby. He seemed, perhaps the word is, disappointed, when there were no newspaper reporters around. He did comment on this.
    Mr. OSWALD. I believe his comment was something. "What, no photographers or anything?"
    — unquote —

Your claim that it is an unsupported lie is the one that is unsupported here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Fri Aug 25 07:24:19 2023
    On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 21:13:24 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant
    <hsienzant@aol.com> wrote:

His brother testified to that. >https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/oswald_r.htm

unquote

And, as I've already pointed out, Robert's opinion isn't evidence.
    Where's contemporary evidence for this???

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05