• "Oswald's guiding star wasn't Marxism or Communism but the true America

From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 18 23:53:14 2023
    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/a-stephen-king-thriller-what-motivated-oswald.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Aug 19 03:42:48 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 2:53:16 AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/opinion/a-stephen-king-thriller-what-motivated-oswald.html

While I recognize any attempt to determine Oswald's motive is speculation because he never
    told us anything or left any clues as to why he did what he did, I do believe Stephen King is at
    least partially correct about this. I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    somebody and a quirk of fate handed him a once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that. He
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to achieve lasting noteriety
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at everything he did his whole
    life until the very end when he finally succeeded at something he set out to do. The irony is there
    is a small army of snipe hunters who refuse to give him the credit he is due. The bastards.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 19 03:47:04 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:42:50 AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

While I recognize any attempt to determine Oswald's motive is speculation because he never
    told us anything or left any clues as to why he did what he did, I do believe Stephen King is at
    least partially correct about this. I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    somebody and a quirk of fate handed him a once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that. He
    could go become the John Wilkes Booth of his time. What better way to achieve lasting noteriety
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised. He was a failure at everything he did his whole
    life until the very end when he finally succeeded at something he set out to do. The irony is there
    is a small army of snipe hunters who refuse to give him the credit he is due. The bastards.

Could Ruby have been like Oswald in that by killing O., R. gained the kind of notoriety that had always eluded him?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 19 05:16:50 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 6:42:50 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised.

He wanted so much to gain that fame, that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.
    Even Chief Curry told reporters that Oswald said during his interrogation , "I had nothing to do with it."
    Denial after denial from a man who wanted nothing more than to let the world know he was guilty and put his name in the history books so he could be famous, like John Wilkes Booth.

Next I expect you'll be telling us he WANTED and PLANNED to get caught.

Then there's the fact that he hated the US so much ( according to you ) that he took a loan from the State Department to come back here.

My God, not only does your theory not make any sense but you are dillusional.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sat Aug 19 07:53:54 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 8:16:52 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 6:42:50 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

I think Oswald was a little nobody who wanted to be a
    than to kill the leader of the country he despised.
    He wanted so much to gain that fame, that all he did afterward, when he had the cameras of the world on him, was proclaim his innocence.

As if that would have mattered. He knew the cops had or would soon have all the evidence they
    needed to easily convict him. He was just being defiant.

Even Chief Curry told reporters that Oswald said during his interrogation , "I had nothing to do with it."
    Denial after denial from a man who wanted nothing more than to let the world know he was guilty and put his name in the history books so he could be famous, like John Wilkes Booth.

He wasn't as stupid as you. He knew the evidence against him was damning. That didn't mean
    he was going to make it easy for anybody by confessing.

Next I expect you'll be telling us he WANTED and PLANNED to get caught.

I have no way of knowing what was going on inside his head. I stated up front that any
    discussion of his motive is speculation. I don't think he had a plan for after the assassination.
    I don't think he expected to get out of the TSBD. I think he was surprised that he did. After that
    he was winging it. I have no idea where he was going after he retrieved his handgun.

Then there's the fact that he hated the US so much ( according to you ) that he took a loan from the State Department to come back here.

And then tried to get a visa to Cuba.

My God, not only does your theory not make any sense but you are dillusional.

Projecting?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sat Aug 19 07:58:04 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 6:47:06 AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

Could Ruby have been like Oswald in that by killing O., R. gained the kind of notoriety that had always eluded him?

I think Ruby acted on the spur of the moment. If he had planned to kill Oswald, why did he bring
    his dog along for the ride? He happened to show up at just the right time because the cop
    guarding the ramp stepped away for a few seconds to hold traffic up so the armored car could
    leave after it was discovered it couldn't fit in the entrance. Ruby was known for having a violent
    temper and seeing Oswald being let out might have triggered the rage inside of him. He grabbed
    his gun and gave Oswald what he deserved, a painful death. It wasn't painful enough. I wish he
    had lingered in agony for days.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Aug 19 12:17:15 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 2:53:16 AM UTC-4, wrote:

(2023 Youtube upload):

"Lone Gunman: The Man Who Knew Lee Harvey Oswald | Uncommon Knowledge"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 20 02:08:37 2023
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:47:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/jack-rubys-relatives-talk-for-first-time/2047708/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to gggg gggg on Sun Aug 20 03:00:59 2023
    On Sunday, August 20, 2023 at 5:08:39 AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 3:47:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/jack-rubys-relatives-talk-for-first-time/2047708/

Ruby might have thought he was going to be a hero after the fact. I don't think when he walked
    down that ramp into the garage he had any intention of killing Oswald or even knew he would
    have the opportunity. I think he acted on the spur of the moment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Aug 21 07:44:34 2023
    On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 03:42:48 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 2:53:16?AM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:

While I recognize any attempt to determine Oswald's motive is speculation ...

Good of you to admit that all you're going to do is speculate...

No-one's interested.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05