• A Question for the Lone Nutters in the group

From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 13 04:49:48 2023
    Because amount of brains on the Lone Nut side combined couldn't fill a hollow pea, I'll try to keep this as simple as possible.

Q: If a lie is told and the truth can't be proven, does the lie then become the truth ?

Yes or no.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Aug 13 06:05:11 2023
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 7:49:49 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    Because amount of brains on the Lone Nut side combined couldn't fill a hollow pea, I'll try to keep this as simple as possible.

Q: If a lie is told and the truth can't be proven, does the lie then become the truth ?

Yes or no.

No.

You can now proceed to display your poor thinking.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Aug 13 06:48:32 2023

Yes or no.

No.

So when Deputy Boone said the Carcano was a Mauser, the rifle didn't turn into a Mauser.

So when a cop mistakenly identified the shells at the scene of the Tippit murder as .38 automatics,
    the .38 Special shells didn't suddenly become automatics.

See how that works.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sun Aug 13 08:35:33 2023
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 9:48:34 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

Yes or no.
    No.

So when Deputy Boone said the Carcano was a Mauser, the rifle didn't turn into a Mauser.

So when a cop mistakenly identified the shells at the scene of the Tippit murder as .38 automatics,

See how that works.

Or if we don`t know the name of the postal employee who handed Oswald the rifle then he never received the rifle.

Since "lies" and "truths" are determined through reasoning, and Gil is firmly anti-reasoning, I don`t see how he can hope to determine either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Bud on Sun Aug 13 10:43:45 2023
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:35:35 AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    Since "lies" and "truths" are determined through reasoning, and Gil is firmly anti-reasoning, I don`t see how he can hope to determine either.

Lies and truths are determined by evidence a/k/a facts, not reasoning.

It doesn't matter what you and I think.

Reasoning is speculation, not evidence.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Bud on Sun Aug 13 13:02:03 2023

Yes or no.
    No.

See how that works.
    Or if we don`t know the name of the postal employee who handed Oswald the rifle then he never received the rifle.

Right, we have to find *the* postal worker that handed Oswald the rifle. Then he (and we) has/have to prove that it was the rifle that he gave Oswald. Not any rifle, mind you. But the rifle used to shoot JFK. And we have to prove it was Oswald that
    picked the rifle up. Not someone else. And so on and so on.
    This is an impossible standard, one that would never be used in a court of law much less the court of history. How can one *prove* that a specific package had the specific rifle? How could we prove that it was Oswald? They don't believe the people in
    Mexico City who said it was Oswald they met. The wouldn't believe a postal worker either. We'd have to produce a film of all of this. But then the "chain of custody" of the film would be questioned. And besides, it's a fake film. Because CIA and
    Operation Mockingbird and Operation Northwoods and this or that.
    This is simply a tactic to exonerate Oswald. It's not intended to reconstruct what happened. Sixty damned years of this nonsense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Steven Galbraith on Sun Aug 13 15:06:05 2023
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 4:02:04 PM UTC-4, Steven Galbraith wrote:

Yes or no.
    No.

See how that works.

Right, we have to find *the* postal worker that handed Oswald the rifle. Then he (and we) has/have to prove that it was the rifle that he gave Oswald. Not any rifle, mind you. But the rifle used to shoot JFK. And we have to prove it was Oswald that
    picked the rifle up. Not someone else. And so on and so on.

Don't forget, we don't have a selfie of Oswald with his rifle in the sniper's nest. Without that,
    there is reasonable doubt about his guilt.

This is an impossible standard, one that would never be used in a court of law much less the court of history. How can one *prove* that a specific package had the specific rifle? How could we prove that it was Oswald? They don't believe the people in
    Mexico City who said it was Oswald they met. The wouldn't believe a postal worker either. We'd have to produce a film of all of this. But then the "chain of custody" of the film would be questioned. And besides, it's a fake film. Because CIA and
    Operation Mockingbird and Operation Northwoods and this or that.
    This is simply a tactic to exonerate Oswald. It's not intended to reconstruct what happened. Sixty damned years of this nonsense.

What do you expect? Gil has appointed himself as Oswald's defense counsel and he is faced
    with all that evidence against his client and nothing in his favor. What other choice does he have
    but to invent excuses to negate all that evidence and create favorable evidence out of thin air.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Mon Aug 14 07:46:13 2023
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 6:49:49 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

Yes or no.

No. But this seems to ignore the there is actual *analysis* ---the kind frequently and satisfactorily put before juries every day, that the *truth* in this case is LHO, acting along, shot and killed JFK and wounded JBC on 11-22-63. Please dazzle us
    with how and why we should just ignore all that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Mon Aug 14 08:24:32 2023
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:43:45 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:35:35?AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

As usual, you hit the nail on the head... and not *ONE SINGLE
    BELIEVER* will acknowledge this truth.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 14 09:58:26 2023
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 06:05:11 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 7:49:49?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Yes or no.

No.

Logical fallacy deleted.

So, according to Bugliosi, it was this "oval" shape that was
    "virtually conclusive evidence" of an SBT?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Aug 14 09:55:14 2023
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 06:48:32 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes or no.

No.

See how that works.

Yes... lurkers can... they see that logical fallacies are what you use
    to "refute" what critics say.

Claiming that the witnesses who said they saw a Mauser are all lyiing,
    is simply beggng the question.

When a Sergeant at the scene identifies cartridges as automatic,
    that's merely evidence, not a "lie." Nor can you make the case that
    it was a "mistake." ... quite likely, you have no idea whatsoever how
    to determine the difference.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Mon Aug 14 10:33:01 2023
    On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 12:58:42 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 06:05:11 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Yes or no.

No.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

I explained this to you, are you smarter now?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Mon Aug 14 10:34:08 2023
    On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 11:24:36 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:43:45 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjma...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:35:35?AM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

As usual, you hit the nail on the head... and not *ONE SINGLE
    BELIEVER* will acknowledge this truth.

Neither of you will support that reasoning is speculation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 14 10:56:17 2023
    On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 10:33:01 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 12:58:42?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 06:05:11 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Yes or no.

No.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

I explained this to you, are you smarter now?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05