• I wonder why Gil has avoided this question

From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 15:33:15 2023
    In another thread, I posed this simple question to Gil:

"In 2023, should those who want to know the truth of the JFK assassination weigh all available information or should we limit ourselves just to what we believe would be admissible in court?

It's a binary choice, Gil. Can you pick one?"

So far, Gil has avoided answering it. I wonder why. Actually, I don't wonder. I'm pretty sure I know why. It's a pick your poison question for Gil. If he says
    we should limit ourselves to just evidence that would be admissible in court, he would be invalidating most of the arguments he presents, including
    recently videos of unsworn witness statements. Those would be inadmissible.
    On the other hand, if he says we should weigh all available information, it invalidates his argument that much of the evidence against Oswald would
    have been inadmissible. So Gil did what Gil usually does when faced with
    the tough questions. He bailed out of the thread.

Gil wants to employ double standards. He wants to invalidate any and all evidence of Oswald's guilt if it doesn't conform to Gil's interpretation of what
    would be admissible in a criminal trial. But he wants to be able to consider anything he can scrounge up to support his narrative without regard for
    whether or not it would be admissible. Gil doesn't want to play by the rules
    he imposes on others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Wed Aug 2 15:41:14 2023
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 6:33:17 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

"In 2023, should those who want to know the truth of the JFK assassination weigh all available information or should we limit ourselves just to what we believe would be admissible in court?

So far, Gil has avoided answering it. I wonder why. Actually, I don't wonder.
    I'm pretty sure I know why. It's a pick your poison question for Gil. If he says
    we should limit ourselves to just evidence that would be admissible in court,
    he would be invalidating most of the arguments he presents, including recently videos of unsworn witness statements. Those would be inadmissible. On the other hand, if he says we should weigh all available information, it invalidates his argument that much of the evidence against Oswald would

Gil wants to employ double standards. He wants to invalidate any and all evidence of Oswald's guilt if it doesn't conform to Gil's interpretation of what
    would be admissible in a criminal trial. But he wants to be able to consider anything he can scrounge up to support his narrative without regard for whether or not it would be admissible. Gil doesn't want to play by the rules he imposes on others.

Nothing can be learned from Gil`s posts.

He refuses to post a conspiracy theory.

He posts evidence, but he fails to say how the evidence he posts speaks to whether Kennedy died at the hands of a conspiracy.

This is supposed to be a conspiracy forum, but almost all the noise the hobbyists make is off topic, they can`t show how what most of it has to do with a conspiracy taking Kennedy`s life.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Aug 2 15:42:27 2023
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 6:37:32 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 15:33:15 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

The moron who refuses to answer ANYTHING I post is now whining that
    someone is ignoring him???

This is a conspiracy forum, stupid. I`m sure he`ll be happy to answer any questions about his conspiracy beliefs.

How sad!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Aug 2 15:37:28 2023
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 15:33:15 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

The moron who refuses to answer ANYTHING I post is now whining that
    someone is ignoring him???

How sad!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Aug 3 02:09:29 2023

So far, Gil has avoided answering it. I wonder why.

Because he never saw it.
    I don't hang around this newsgroup all day like you do.
    I have a life.

I believe ALL information should be released to the public so it can be examined by researchers.

But we should also be aware that the Warren Commission's purpose was to present to the public a case that was supposed to be based on evidence
    that was "such that Oswald would have been convicted at trial". ( FBI file # 62-209060, Sec. 18, pg. 29 )

Under those circumstances, a trial becomes the standard by which the evidence must be weighed.

We should also be aware that the Commission failed to do that, that it allowed evidence that would have never been allowed at trial.

All I'm doing is point this fact out.
    That you don't like it is no concern of mine.

As my Dad's buddy used to tell his kids, "GET OVER IT".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Aug 3 03:19:06 2023
    On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 5:09:30 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

"In 2023, should those who want to know the truth of the JFK assassination weigh all available information or should we limit ourselves just to what we
    believe would be admissible in court?

Because he never saw it.
    I have a life.

I believe ALL information should be released to the public so it can be examined by researchers.

But we should also be aware that the Warren Commission's purpose was to present to the public a case that was supposed to be based on evidence
    that was "such that Oswald would have been convicted at trial". ( FBI file # 62-209060, Sec. 18, pg. 29 )

Under those circumstances, a trial becomes the standard by which the evidence must be weighed.

We should also be aware that the Commission failed to do that, that it allowed evidence that would have never been allowed at trial.

Now we know you've seen the question and you still didn't answer it. You were deliberately
    vague. The question had nothing to do with the Warren Commission. The question was whether
    those of us looking at the assassination in 2023 should look at all information, including that which you say would be inadmissible at trial, or whether we should only limit ourselves to looking
    at evidence that would be admissible at trial. It's an either or choice, Gil. What say you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Aug 3 03:18:27 2023
    On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 5:09:30 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

"In 2023, should those who want to know the truth of the JFK assassination weigh all available information or should we limit ourselves just to what we
    believe would be admissible in court?

Because he never saw it.
    I have a life.

A sad, pitiful life that allows you to spend countless hours on this stupid hobby of yours.

That has nothing to do with the Warren Commission`s mandate.

An idiot might think this. Someone with a basic understanding of the law knows that a trail was impossible once Oswald died. For all you know Oswald would have pled guilty at a trial.

It is meaningless that you consider this a fact.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 15:41:14 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 6:33:17?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

"In 2023, should those who want to know the truth of the JFK assassination >> weigh all available information or should we limit ourselves just to what we >> believe would be admissible in court?

So far, Gil has avoided answering it. I wonder why. Actually, I don't wonder.
    I'm pretty sure I know why. It's a pick your poison question for Gil. If he says
    we should limit ourselves to just evidence that would be admissible in court,
    he would be invalidating most of the arguments he presents, including
    recently videos of unsworn witness statements. Those would be inadmissible. >> On the other hand, if he says we should weigh all available information, it >> invalidates his argument that much of the evidence against Oswald would

Gil wants to employ double standards. He wants to invalidate any and all
    evidence of Oswald's guilt if it doesn't conform to Gil's interpretation of what
    would be admissible in a criminal trial. But he wants to be able to consider >> anything he can scrounge up to support his narrative without regard for
    whether or not it would be admissible. Gil doesn't want to play by the rules >> he imposes on others.

Nothing can be learned from Gil`s posts.

Lies cannot help you convince anyone.

Or refute what Gil points out.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05