• Evidential Question

From Bud@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 16:11:20 2023
    I know the bag is said to be 38 inches long. How big are the flaps, and are they included in the length (pretty sure they are not)?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Bud on Sun Jul 30 17:27:39 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 7:11:21 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    I know the bag is said to be 38 inches long. How big are the flaps, and are they included in the length (pretty sure they are not)?

I found this source, that says the flaps were 3 inches...

"The size of the taped flap at one end was approximately 3 inches, meaning the paper was initially long enough (41 inches) to completely conceal a fully assembled CE 139 with the scope."

https://jfk.boards.net/thread/51/lee-harvey-oswald-construct-paper

It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Bud on Sun Jul 30 17:35:18 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 8:27:41 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

"The size of the taped flap at one end was approximately 3 inches, meaning the paper was initially long enough (41 inches) to completely conceal a fully assembled CE 139 with the scope."

It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption.

In fact, looking at this photo it seems the flaps are over four, maybe as much as five inches...

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/jfkinfo3/exhibits/ce142.jpg

Gil will be so proud of me all this research I am doing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Bud on Mon Jul 31 03:05:21 2023

Except your source is "Tony Fratini", a "new member" posting in a JFK forum. Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.
    The length is 38 inches, just as the Commission stated in its Report ( pg. 133 )

The "flap" adds nothing to the length of the "bag" because the measurement was taken from the longest end.
    https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/WH_Vol22_480-CE-1304-flap.jpg

This is what happens when you rely on other people's opinions instead of doing your own research.
    When you use their fuck ups, you end up looking stupid.

Unless you can cite in the official record that the "bag" was 41 inches.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Mon Jul 31 07:41:21 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 03:05:21 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 8:27:41?PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 7:11:21?PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

Except your source is "Tony Fratini", a "new member" posting in a JFK forum. >Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.
    The length is 38 inches, just as the Commission stated in its Report ( pg. 133 )

The "flap" adds nothing to the length of the "bag" because the measurement was taken from the longest end.

This is what happens when you rely on other people's opinions instead of doing your own research.

It's also interesting to see how a believer does "research" - he
    wanted a longer bag, so he went looking INTENTIONALLY for a longer
    bag. The actual facts were of no interest to Chickenshit.

He started with his faith... and ended up supporting it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Mon Jul 31 08:54:35 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 10:41:25 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

All of these lone nut trolls make me laugh.
    They come here all high and mighty, proclaiming themselves to be the "sane" ones
    here to straighten out the "kooks" and then they come up with bullshit like this.

This mental midget found some asshole's opinion on a forum and tried to pass it off
    as fact. An opinion, BTW, that has no basis in fact and is not supported by any corroborating evidence.

That's what he calls "research".

Should we expect any more from these LN trolls ?
    Just like the Warren Commission they support.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a 7.65 Mauser ? Well, it was really a 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano.
    Oh, Oswald didn't own a .38 automatic ? Well, it was really a revolver.
    Oh, Oswald couldn't fire three shots in 5.6 seconds ? Well, it was really 8.5 seconds.
    Oh, Oswald didn't own a white jacket ? Well, it was really tannish-grey.
    Oh, the rifle was longer than the bag ? Well, the bag was really 41 inches.

Everytime they can't deal with the evidence, they just revise the evidence.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Mon Jul 31 09:32:34 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 6:05:23 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Except your source is "Tony Fratini", a "new member" posting in a JFK forum. Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.

And that is what he said it was.

If I measure the item with the flap fully extended out out, what an I measuring if not the bag?

The flap *can* add length to the bag if the flap is extended when you measure it, stupid.

If you looked at the next post I made you would have seen that I linked to that particular piece of evidence...

How did I fuck up?

I can look at the photo of the evidence and see that the bag is 38 inches (although it might be longer if pulled taunt) and the flap appears to be between 4 and five inches. That is the information I was looking for.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Mon Jul 31 09:35:18 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 03:05:21 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Except your source is "Tony Fratini", a "new member" posting in a JFK forum.
    Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.

Unless you can cite in the official record that the "bag" was 41 inches. It's also interesting to see how a believer does "research" - he
    wanted a longer bag,

I wanted to know the size of the bag, stupid. That is why I asked about the size of the bag, stupid.

so he went looking INTENTIONALLY for a longer

That is why I started a post asking someone to supply them. No wonder you can`t figure these simple crimes out.

He started with his faith...

I started out gathering information, stupid.

and ended up supporting it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Mon Jul 31 09:41:08 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 11:54:36 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    They come here all high and mighty, proclaiming themselves to be the "sane" ones
    here to straighten out the "kooks" and then they come up with bullshit like this.

How is asking for the facts about the bag "bullshit"?

This mental midget found some asshole's opinion on a forum and tried to pass it off
    as fact.

Ass backwards as usual. I searched for the dimensions of the bag and this came up. I first started looking through Day`s, Frazier`s and Cadigan`s testimony and came up empty so I tried general google searches.

An opinion, BTW, that has no basis in fact and is not supported by any corroborating evidence.

I found and posted a link to the actual bag, stupid. That was what I called research, stupid.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a 7.65 Mauser ? Well, it was really a 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano.
    Oh, Oswald couldn't fire three shots in 5.6 seconds ? Well, it was really 8.5 seconds.

You do better with strawmen than the actual arguments.

We just look at it correctly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 02:46:50 2023

Now the asshole is trying to lie his way out of it by saying he was asking a question about the length of the bag.
    His question was about the size of the flaps. He knew the size of the bag.
    And he believed the poster's post that the bag was 41 inches.

He stated, "It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption."

So he bought into the bag being 41 inches.

His problem is that he can't admit he was wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 02:34:24 2023
    I wanted to know the size of the bag, stupid. That is why I asked about the size of the bag, stupid.
    That is why I started a post asking someone to supply them. No wonder you can`t figure these simple crimes out.

The only one who looks stupid here is you, no matter how you try to wriggle out of it, sir slick.
    The only question you asked had to do with the size of the flaps, not the length of the bag.

Then you stated:
    "It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption."

Really ? A 40.2" rifle didn't have to be disassembled to fit in a 38" bag ?

Admit it. You fucked up. You took some asshole's opinion that the bag was 41" from some forum and bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Then you wanted to add another inch or two to it. You stated:
    "In fact, looking at this photo it seems the flaps are over four, maybe as much as five inches..."

It seems your research skills are only exceeded by your cognitive skills. LOL.

Now that you're called out on it, you're back pedalling, trying to save face.

But you're not squirming out of this one, asshole.

Not even your lone nut buddies want to chime in on this gaffe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Aug 1 03:31:30 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 5:46:51 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    Now the asshole is trying to lie his way out of it by saying he was asking a question about the length of the bag.

This is how information comes out when it goes through Gil`s brain.

His question was about the size of the flaps. He knew the size of the bag.

The flaps are part of *what*, Gil?

The flap does add to the length of the bag when the flap is extended, just like opening a car door will add to the width. I fear that no matter how I try to explain this concept you (and Ben shortly) will only continue to try to mangle it.

And he believed the poster's post that the bag was 41 inches.

Have you shown him to be wrong that the bag is 41 inches with the flap extended?

He stated, "It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption."

If hiding the rifle was the purpose the bag seems long enough to accomplish this without disassembling the rifle. This is the concept you will never grasp.

How big is it with the flap extended, Gil? Is the flap part of the bag, Gil?

You`ve only been showing your ignorance of the ideas I am expressing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Aug 1 03:21:17 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 5:34:26 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    The only one who looks stupid here is you, no matter how you try to wriggle out of it, sir slick.
    The only question you asked had to do with the size of the flaps, not the length of the bag.

The flaps are part of the bag, stupid.

I asked you this question, which you ducked...

If you measure the length of the bag with the flap extended, what are you measuring if not the bag?

Then you stated:
    "It doesn`t seem the rifle needed to be disassembled to fit in the bag. I always thought that was an unwarranted assumption."
    Really ? A 40.2" rifle didn't have to be disassembled to fit in a 38" bag ?

Let`s try another question for you to avoid...

If I have a paper shopping bag filled with boxes of cereal and they stick out the top, are those boxes of cereal in the bag or not in the bag?

There would be a couple inches of a thin barrel would need to be covered, but there is plenty of flap to cover this.

Admit it. You fucked up.

Again, I am not responsible for your inability to think.

What I am doing is exploring the possibility that the rifle could have been transported in that bag without being disassembled. I am questioning the assumption that it would be necessary.

You took some asshole's opinion that the bag was 41" from some forum and bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Again, this is something I came across about an hour into my inquiry. It was long after I made this post asking for the measurements. You have the cart in front of the horse.

Then you wanted to add another inch or two to it.

I`m not "adding" anything. I want to know the actual measurements. This is import to determine what is and what isn`t possible.

You stated:
    "In fact, looking at this photo it seems the flaps are over four, maybe as much as five inches..."
    It seems your research skills are only exceeded by your cognitive skills. LOL.

You don`t seem to be disputing what I wrote, why is that?

Did you hit the link and look at the photo? How big does the flap look to be in that photo (pro tip, use the ruler below to aid you in determining this)?

Now that you're called out on it, you're back pedalling, trying to save face.

It looks that way because you are standing on your head.

But you're not squirming out of this one, asshole.

I`m using reason. If that gives you vertigo try some dramamine.

Not even your lone nut buddies want to chime in on this gaffe.

I`m willing to engage anyone on the ideas I am expressing. You`ll note that Corbett raised evidential challenges, while you are merely making scoffing noises that don`t address a single idea I`ve expressed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Aug 1 04:40:48 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 6:05:23 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Fratini is a conspiracy theorist, positing a novel theory that the bag wasn't made by Oswald, but by Robert Studebaker, a crime lab trainee. Conspiracy theorists have long sought to find an explanation -- any explanation -- that removes the bag from
    Oswald's possession.

Fratini repeats a long-time conspiracy theorist myth, that because the bag wasn't photographed in place, it means there is something suspicious about the bag:

"No one knows who moved CE 142 in situ and why it wasnt photographed in situ. This was not further investigated by the FBI nor the WC."

That's false, but that's the oft-repeated conspiracy theorist argument.

Anyone who has read the testimony of Studebaker understands why it was not photographed in place. That was because Studebaker made a rookie mistake and picked up the bag before photographing it. If an evidentiary item is removed from its place of
    discovery, it should NOT be placed back into the crime scene. This is evidence handling 101.

The FBI noted (and Fratini quotes) Studebaker admitted the bag was picked up before it was photographed in place:
    "According to Studebaker, the paper bag was removed prior to taking photographs of the southeast corner; however, a close-up photograph taken of this corner is designated as Dallas Police Department Photograph No. 26."
    Fratini cites this document: https://ibb.co/YfFSsXK
    To any knowledgeable person, this FBI memo explains explains exactly why the bag was not photographed in place. It was disturbed from the crime scene before being photographed.

Fratini even quotes Montgomery as seeing Studebaker pick up the bag before photographing it:
    Mr. MONTGOMERY. Wait just a minute no; I didn't pick it up. I believe Mr. Studebaker did. We left it laying right there so they could check it for prints.

Finally, Fratini even quotes Studebaker as picking up the bag before it was photographed in place:
    Mr. STUDEBAKER. I don't know - I picked it up and dusted it and they took it down there and sent it to Washington and that's the last I have seen of it, and I don't know.

Fratini, typical of CTs, doesn't quote the fuller context, which you can see here:
    https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/studebak.htm
    Mr. STUDEBAKER. I don't know - I picked it up and dusted it and they took it down there and sent it to Washington and that's the last I have seen of it, and I don't know.
    Mr. BALL. Did you take a picture of it before you picked it up?
    Mr. STUDEBAKER. No.
    Mr. BALL. Does that sack show in any of the pictures you took?
    Mr. STUDEBAKER. No; it doesn't show in any of the pictures.

So there is no mystery about why the bag was not photographed in place. It was not photographed in place because the rules of evidence establish it should not be placed back into the crime scene once handled. And Studebaker picked it up before
    photographing it.

Here is a brief primer on evidence handling: https://www.encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/disturbed-evidence

As always, CTs attempt to make a mountain out of a level surface. We are not even talking a molehill here.

Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Aug 1 04:57:16 2023

So why did he make a bag too short to contain the actual rifle?

Good question. Remember that Oswald ordered from an advertisement that specified a 36-inch rifle. And he was instead shipped a 40.2-inch weapon, as Kleins had run out of the shorter weapon.

So he, not having measured the rifle he received (why would he?) assumed he needed to make a bag longer than 36-inches. He did, making one 38-inches in length from Depository paper, which was long enough to contain the 36-inch rifle he ordered. But not
    long enough to contain the 40.2-inch rifle he was shipped.

Oops.

So there he is, on the morning of 11/22/1963, in the Paine garage, with a bag too short to conceal a 40.2-inch weapon. What does he do?

He dismantles the rifle into two component parts, the stock and the barrel, each short enough to conceal within the 38-inch bag he made from Depository paper. And he smuggles the weapon into the Depository that way, and reassembles the weapon within the
    sniper's nest as he awaits the arrival of the President's motorcade.

If he realized the rifle was not the 36-inch weapon he ordered, he could have and would have made the bag 42 or 43-inches long, and the rifle would not have to be disassembled. The fact he constructed a 38-inch bag speaks eloquently to the fact he never
    measured the rifle he received, and simply assumed it was the 36-inch weapon he ordered.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Aug 1 05:50:15 2023

as fact. An opinion, BTW, that has no basis in fact and is not supported by any
    corroborating evidence.

That's what the Kleins business records show, that Oswald was shipped a 6.5 MC bearing the serial number C2766.
    https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364a.htm Coincidentally, the same serial number that was on the weapon recovered from the Depository by J.C.Day and marked into evidence by Day.
    Mr. BELIN. Do you have any record of that with you or not?
    Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; this is the record I made of the gun when I took it back office. Now, the gun did not leave my possession.
    Mr. BELIN. From the time it was found at the School Book Depository Building? Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; I took the gun myself and retained possession, took it to the office where I dictated----
    Mr. BELIN. Could you just read into the record what you dictated.
    Mr. DAY. To my secretary. She wrote on the typewriter: "4 x 18, coated, Ordinance Optics, Inc., Hollywood, California, 010 Japan. OSC inside a cloverleaf design."
    Mr. BELIN. What did that have reference to?
    Mr. DAY. That was stamped on the scopic sight on top of the gun. On the gun itself, "6.5 caliber C-2766, 1940 made in Italy." That was what was on the gun. I dictated certain other stuff, other information, for her to type for me.
    Mr. BELIN. Well, you might just as well dictate the rest there.
    Mr. DAY. "When bolt opened one live round was in the barrel. No prints are on the live round. Captain Fritz and Lieutenant Day opened the barrel. Captain Fritz has the live round. Three spent hulls were found under the window. They were picked up by
    Detective Sims and witnessed by Lieutenant Day and Studebaker. The clip is stamped 'SMI, 9 x 2.'"

Exactly as described by numerous witnesses at the scene who saw the gunman leaving the scene. For example, the Davis sisters (or sisters in law) and Benavides:

Virginia Davis: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/vdavis.htm "The man that was unloading the gun was the same man I saw tonight as number 2 man in a line up."

Barbara Davis: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/bdavis.htm "...I saw this man walking across my front yard unloading a gun."

Domingo Benavides: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/benavide.htm
    Mr. BELIN - All right. Now, you said you saw the man with the gun throw the shells?
    Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes, sir.
    Mr. BELIN - Well, did you see the man empty his gun?
    Mr. BENAVIDES - That is what he was doing. He took one out and threw it.
    Mr. BELIN - Do you remember in which hand he was holding his gun?
    Mr. BENAVIDES - No; I sure don't.
    Mr. BELIN - Do you remember if he was trying to put anything in the gun also? Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes. As he turned the corner he was putting another shell in his gun.

Who said the assassination happened in 5.6 seconds? The Commission never did. They said it could have taken over 7.9 seconds or more if the first or third shot missed:
    https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-3.html#timespan
    "If either the first or third shots missed, then a minimum of 2.3 seconds (necessary to operate the rifle) must be added to the time span of the shots which hit, giving a minimum time of 7.1 to 7.9 seconds for the three shots. If more than 2.3 seconds
    elapsed between a shot that missed and one that hit, then the time span would be correspondingly increased."
    In other words, if the time span between the the first and second shot was 2.9 seconds, then the total time span would be 2.9 + 5.6 seconds, or 8.5 seconds.

The jacket in evidence appears darker in photographs taken in artificial light than it does in bright sunlight. This is true because of the nature of film.

No, the rifle was disassembled because Oswald ordered a 36-inch rifle, and constructed a 38-inch bag. But he was actually shipped a 40.2-inch rifle.

Rifle Oswald Ordered: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xkdKVRtQe3k/UrKs7tMMUUI/AAAAAAAAxbE/9XTcHWjNbuE/s535/Kleins-Rifle-Ad-February-1963.jpg

Rifle Oswald was shipped bore the serial number C2766: https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364a.htm

Rifle recovered from Depository bore the serial number C2766: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/factoid6.htm

The evidence establishes Oswald ordered, possessed, and brought to the Depository the weapon used to kill President Kennedy. Critics have been trying to exonerate Oswald since Day One. They use every trick in the book, by ignoring evidence,
    mischaracterizing evidence, conjecturing fantastic explanations for common happenstance, utilizing logic fallacies, speculation, conjecture, taking quotes out of context, utilizing hearsay and discarding testimony, and simple everyday falsehoods.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 07:24:35 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 04:57:16 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant
    <hsienzant@aol.com> wrote:

Explain to us how you're not begging the question...

Or run away like the coward you are when faced with the truth.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 07:17:23 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 05:50:15 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 11:54:36?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 10:41:25?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

corroborating evidence.

That's what the Kleins business records show...

Produce it, let's examine it together...

Exactly as described...

There you go, lying again.

And unlike Corbutt, Chuckles, or Chickenshit, you *DO* know the
    evidence well enough to understand that you're not being truthful.

Who said the assassination happened in 5.6 seconds?

Steve Keating, for one: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/152dp7pvUFI/m/MwPcbuqHTT0J

R2Judge, for another. https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/5Tv-SPjBw_k/m/5FOMBRuYvAIJ

Tony Marsh... many times, here's just one: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/mSHuS_iv730/m/ghfih-WWwiQJ

John McAdams, yet another... https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/naG8f8ip3lM/m/S4xSgqX7A3wJ

Now, I only needed one to prove you a liar.

This is what believers do all the time, they simply move on, and
    absolutely REFUSE to retract previously made statements.

Non refutation deleted.

Sheer speculation deleted.

The evidence establishes...

That Gil is right.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Tue Aug 1 07:21:01 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 02:46:50 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

His question was about the size of the flaps. He knew the size of the bag. >And he believed the poster's post that the bag was 41 inches.

Yep... absolutely true. It's things like this that explains the
    believer's fear of actually saying anything about the evidence.

They end up so often getting it wrong.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 07:23:42 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 04:40:48 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 6:05:23?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Logical fallacy deleted.

This is what Huckster's famous for... logical fallacies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 08:12:44 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:23:45 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

Logical fallacy deleted.

Translation: I couldn't rebut the points Hank made, so I will delete them, call them logical fallacies, and call him 'Huckster' instead of even trying to rebut his points.

Here's what Ben called logical fallacies, and deleted and ignored:

Fratini is a conspiracy theorist, positing a novel theory that the bag wasn't made by Oswald, but by Robert Studebaker, a crime lab trainee. Conspiracy theorists have long sought to find an explanation -- any explanation -- that removes the bag from
    Oswald's possession.

Fratini repeats a long-time conspiracy theorist myth, that because the bag wasn't photographed in place, it means there is something suspicious about the bag:

"No one knows who moved CE 142 in situ and why it wasnt photographed in situ. This was not further investigated by the FBI nor the WC."

Anyone who has read the testimony of Studebaker understands why it was not photographed in place. That was because Studebaker made a rookie mistake and picked up the bag before photographing it. If an evidentiary item is removed from its place of
    discovery, it should NOT be placed back into the crime scene. This is evidence handling 101.

The FBI noted (and Fratini quotes) Studebaker admitted the bag was picked up before it was photographed in place:
    "According to Studebaker, the paper bag was removed prior to taking photographs of the southeast corner; however, a close-up photograph taken of this corner is designated as Dallas Police Department Photograph No. 26."
    To any knowledgeable person, this FBI memo explains explains exactly why the bag was not photographed in place. It was disturbed from the crime scene before being photographed.

Fratini even quotes Montgomery as seeing Studebaker pick up the bag before photographing it:
    Mr. MONTGOMERY. Wait just a minute no; I didn't pick it up. I believe Mr. Studebaker did. We left it laying right there so they could check it for prints.

Finally, Fratini even quotes Studebaker as picking up the bag before it was photographed in place:

Fratini, typical of CTs, doesn't quote the fuller context, which you can see here:
    Mr. STUDEBAKER. No.

So there is no mystery about why the bag was not photographed in place. It was not photographed in place because the rules of evidence establish it should not be placed back into the crime scene once handled. And Studebaker picked it up before
    photographing it.

Here is a brief primer on evidence handling: https://www.encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/disturbed-evidence

As always, CTs attempt to make a mountain out of a level surface. We are not even talking a molehill here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 08:08:53 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:17:29 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

corroborating evidence.

Ben deletes the proof I produced, then asks me to produce it. Typical nonsense. Here it is again, so Ben can ignore it for a second time:
    That's what the Kleins business records show, that Oswald was shipped a 6.5 MC bearing the serial number C2766.
    https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364a.htm Coincidentally, the same serial number that was on the weapon recovered from the Depository by J.C.Day and marked into evidence by Day.
    Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; this is the record I made of the gun when I took it back office. Now, the gun did not leave my possession.
    Mr. BELIN. From the time it was found at the School Book Depository Building? Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; I took the gun myself and retained possession, took it to the office where I dictated----
    Mr. DAY. To my secretary. She wrote on the typewriter: "4 x 18, coated, Ordinance Optics, Inc., Hollywood, California, 010 Japan. OSC inside a cloverleaf design."
    Mr. DAY. That was stamped on the scopic sight on top of the gun. On the gun itself, "6.5 caliber C-2766, 1940 made in Italy." That was what was on the gun. I dictated certain other stuff, other information, for her to type for me.
    Mr. DAY. "When bolt opened one live round was in the barrel. No prints are on the live round. Captain Fritz and Lieutenant Day opened the barrel. Captain Fritz has the live round. Three spent hulls were found under the window. They were picked up by
    Detective Sims and witnessed by Lieutenant Day and Studebaker. The clip is stamped 'SMI, 9 x 2.'"

Exactly as described...

Ben deletes the evidence I provided, then calls me a liar. Typical nonsense from Ben.

Here it is again, so he can ignore the evidence he doesn't like (like Mark Lane did) a second time:
    Exactly as described by numerous witnesses at the scene who saw the gunman leaving the scene. For example, the Davis sisters (or sisters in law) and Benavides:

Virginia Davis: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/vdavis.htm "The man that was unloading the gun was the same man I saw tonight as number 2 man in a line up."

Barbara Davis: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/bdavis.htm "...I saw this man walking across my front yard unloading a gun."

Domingo Benavides: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/benavide.htm
    Mr. BELIN - All right. Now, you said you saw the man with the gun throw the shells?
    Mr. BELIN - Do you remember if he was trying to put anything in the gun also? Mr. BENAVIDES - Yes. As he turned the corner he was putting another shell in his gun.

I understand you couldn't deal with the evidence I posted, so you deleted it and claimed I was untruthful.

Steve Keating, for one: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/152dp7pvUFI/m/MwPcbuqHTT0J

R2Judge, for another. https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/5Tv-SPjBw_k/m/5FOMBRuYvAIJ

Tony Marsh... many times, here's just one: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/mSHuS_iv730/m/ghfih-WWwiQJ

John McAdams, yet another... https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/naG8f8ip3lM/m/S4xSgqX7A3wJ

Nope. We're not examining those person's claims. Gil is talking about the Warren Commission's argument.
    Gil said this as a lead-in to his series of straw man claims:
    "Just like the Warren Commission they support."

And I made that clear in my response. And I provided exactly what the Commission said about the timing of the shots. You don't get to change the subject to what some other posters said (some of whom are dead and no longer able to clarify or defend their
    claims).
    Here's again the evidence concerning the Commission's conclusions concerning the timing of the shots, establishing Gil's claim is nonsense:
    Who said the assassination happened in 5.6 seconds? The Commission never did. They said it could have taken over 7.9 seconds or more if the first or third shot missed:
    https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-3.html#timespan
    "If either the first or third shots missed, then a minimum of 2.3 seconds (necessary to operate the rifle) must be added to the time span of the shots which hit, giving a minimum time of 7.1 to 7.9 seconds for the three shots. If more than 2.3 seconds
    elapsed between a shot that missed and one that hit, then the time span would be correspondingly increased."
    In other words, if the time span between the the first and second shot was 2.9 seconds, then the total time span would be 2.9 + 5.6 seconds, or 8.5 seconds.

You change the subject from what the Commission said to what other posters said, and expect me to defend their claims. I've been called a Warren Commission defender numerous times. Nobody has ever called me a Steve Keating or John McAdams defender. But
    that's what you want to sidetrack the discussion to.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a white jacket ? Well, it was really tannish-grey. Non refutation deleted.

I pointed out the facts that you can't rebut, so like Mark Lane, you simply ignored that contrary evidence:
    The jacket in evidence appears darker in photographs taken in artificial light than it does in bright sunlight. This is true because of the nature of film.

No, I changed Gil's response to the actual one advanced by the Commission, and cited the evidence for the Commission's conclusion. True to form, you deleted it:
    No, the rifle was disassembled because Oswald ordered a 36-inch rifle, and constructed a 38-inch bag. But he was actually shipped a 40.2-inch rifle.

Rifle Oswald Ordered: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xkdKVRtQe3k/UrKs7tMMUUI/AAAAAAAAxbE/9XTcHWjNbuE/s535/Kleins-Rifle-Ad-February-1963.jpg

Rifle Oswald was shipped bore the serial number C2766: https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364a.htm

Rifle recovered from Depository bore the serial number C2766: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/factoid6.htm

Oswald ordered a 36-inch rifle.
    The rifle shipped Oswald bore the serial number C2766.
    The rifle found in the Depository bore that same serial number but measured 40.2 inches.
    And here's Frazier's testimony on that:
    Mr. EISENBERG - Can you explain why someone might call Exhibit 139 a German-made Mauser rifle or a Mauser bolt-action rifle?
    Mr. FRAZIER - The Mauser was one of the earliest, if not the earliest, and the basic bolt-action rifle, from which many others were copied. And since this uses the same type of bolt system, it may have been referred to as a Mauser for that reason.
    Mr. EISENBERG - Have you measured the dimensions of this rifle assembled, and disassembled?
    Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, I have.
    Mr. EISENBERG - Could you give us that information?
    Mr. FRAZIER - The overall length is 40.2 inches. It weighs 8 pounds even.

That Gil is right.

No, you had to delete and ignore not only my evidence, but my summary as well.

Here it is again:
    The evidence establishes Oswald ordered, possessed, and brought to the Depository the weapon used to kill President Kennedy. Critics have been trying to exonerate Oswald since Day One. They use every trick in the book, by ignoring evidence,
    mischaracterizing evidence, conjecturing fantastic explanations for common happenstance, utilizing logic fallacies, speculation, conjecture, taking quotes out of context, utilizing hearsay and discarding testimony, and simple everyday falsehoods.

The evidence posted by me and ignored and deleted by you establishes beyond a reasonable doubt that Gil is a garden-variety conspiracy theorist, who isn't even familiar enough with the Commission's claims to adequately summarize them, let alone rebut
    them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 09:00:19 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 08:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:23:45?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

Logical fallacy deleted.

Translation:

Huckster Sienzant is famous in this forum for the logical fallacies he
    uses, yet can't name.

Let me know if you need any more help with that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 08:58:38 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 08:08:53 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 10:17:29?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

corroborating evidence.

Ben deletes the proof I produce...

Presumably, Huckster is speaking about this:

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh21/html/WH_Vol21_0364a.htm

But this is a LOOOOONNNG way away from proving that Oswald owned a
    Mannlicher Carcano.

Indeed, the complete lack of any cleaning equipment, rounds, ANYTHING
    related to owning a rifle is completely missing from the inventory of
    what he owned.

Huckster's well aware of the evidence he's lying by omission about...

Oh, Oswald didn't own a .38 automatic ? Well, it was really a revolver. >>>
    Exactly as described...

Ben deletes the evidence...

You are flat lying. You know full well the evidence for an automatic
    being used in this case, and you then pretend that eyewitnesses
    DESCRIBED the revolver.

This is both a lie of omission, and a logical fallacy.

I understand...

No you don't.

Steve Keating, for one:
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/152dp7pvUFI/m/MwPcbuqHTT0J >>
    R2Judge, for another.
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/5Tv-SPjBw_k/m/5FOMBRuYvAIJ >>
    Tony Marsh... many times, here's just one:
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/mSHuS_iv730/m/ghfih-WWwiQJ

John McAdams, yet another...
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/naG8f8ip3lM/m/S4xSgqX7A3wJ

Nope.

You asked who said it... implying that no believer has ever said this
    - although this is EXACTLY what Gil pointed out.

I've answered the question, proving you a liar.

We're not examining those person's claims.

Yes moron, that's EXACTLY what we're doing.

Gil made that clear... and you're desperately trying to change what he
    clearly stated into something else... AFTER you just got spanked again
    by me.

Gil is talking about the Warren Commission's argument.

So you believe that that when Gil said: "Everytime they can't deal
    with the evidence, they just revise the evidence." he was referring to
    the WC.

YOU'RE A MORON AND A VERY *STUPID* LIAR!

And clearly, you're at the point of molesting your own mother when you
    read what Gil said, and assert that you think that he's talking about
    the WC. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR what he's talking about.

That was an aside, not a lead in.

And provably so.

As demonstrated by his first sentence, his first, second, third and
    fourth paragraphs, and concluding sentence.

You're simply a liar... desperately trying to get out of the mess
    you've dropped YOURSELF into.

And I made that clear in my response.

You asked the question, I spanked you with answers you thought I
    couldn't give.

This happens ALL the time... believers honestly think that they can
    stump us with questions we won't answer...

Yet I've embarrassed believers time and time again... and asked
    questions no believer has EVER dared answer.

You included.

Do you need an example to run from?

And I provided exactly what the Commission said about the timing of
    the shots. You don't get to change the subject to what some other
    posters said (some of whom are dead and no longer able to clarify or
    defend their claims).

You asked the question - you got a legitimate answer.

You tried to imply a lie... and you got spanked for it.

You change the subject from what the Commission said...

Gil was speaking about believers, you asked **WHO** had said that. You
    didn't ask which "investigation" came to that conclusion.

You're twisting in the wind right now... desperate to get away from
    the proof that you're a liar.

Gil spanked you.

I just supported it with the evidence you implied didn't exist.

Notice that Huckster's embarrassed that he asked a question so easily
    and correctly answered.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a white jacket ? Well, it was really tannish-grey. >> Non refutation deleted.

I pointed out...

What part of "non refutation" didn't you understand?

No...

Yes.

That Gil is right.

No...

Yes.

Take your spanking like a man, and learn from it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Tue Aug 1 10:59:51 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:57:18 AM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:

Good question. Remember that Oswald ordered from an advertisement that specified a 36-inch rifle. And he was instead shipped a 40.2-inch weapon, as Kleins had run out of the shorter weapon.

So he, not having measured the rifle he received (why would he?) assumed he needed to make a bag longer than 36-inches. He did, making one 38-inches in length from Depository paper, which was long enough to contain the 36-inch rifle he ordered. But not
    long enough to contain the 40.2-inch rifle he was shipped.

Oops.

So there he is, on the morning of 11/22/1963, in the Paine garage, with a bag too short to conceal a 40.2-inch weapon. What does he do?

That is exactly what I was exploring, what did he do? Or more importantly, what did he *have* to do? Did he have to break down the rifle in order to conceal it or could he make this bag work without disassembling the rifle?

He dismantles the rifle into two component parts, the stock and the barrel, each short enough to conceal within the 38-inch bag he made from Depository paper.

Is that what Cardigan concluded? I honestly don`t know.

And he smuggles the weapon into the Depository that way, and reassembles the weapon within the sniper's nest as he awaits the arrival of the President's motorcade.

That could very well be what he did. In fact, it would be what I would bet (with a minor change, I think he probably assembled the rifle previously elsewhere, then put the assemble rifle back in the bag for transport to the SN) on if the truth could be
    determined for certain. What I was looking at is whether it was necessary to break the rifle down, or was there a work around?

So lets look at Oswald in the Paine`s garage on the morning of the 22nd. He is surprised to find the rifle doesn`t fit in the bag he made. He needs a screwdriver to disassemble the rifle, which he probably wouldn`t have if he expected the rifle to fit
    in the bag. It is a garage, and garages often have tools or a toolbox around, so maybe he finds one or knows where one can be found. So he breaks down the rifle. Now he has two parts, which have the potential to cause problems, They move around, make
    noise when they hit each other, and can possible tear the bag. But he has the solution to these problems right in his hand. The blanket the rifle was stored in. It deadens sound, and can be used to cushion parts. But instead he drops the parts in the bag
    and goes on his way.

Or, he opts to find a way to make the bag work with a rifle that isn`t disassembled.

I can go deeper on that, but I`ll leave it there for now. But I will say this, I`m am confident I could take the full assassination rifle, put it in the bag in evidence and lay it on the backseat of a car in such a way as there would be no part of the
    rifle visible.

If he realized the rifle was not the 36-inch weapon he ordered, he could have and would have made the bag 42 or 43-inches long, and the rifle would not have to be disassembled.

I think there is little doubt he didn`t have the rifle on hand when he made the bag. If he had the rifle handy he would just manufacture the bag around the rifle.

The fact he constructed a 38-inch bag speaks eloquently to the fact he never measured the rifle he received, and simply assumed it was the 36-inch weapon he ordered.

Like I said, I was exploring different options. The common assumption (from CTers and LNers alike) is that the rifle needed to be broken down to fit in the bag. I`m not convinced this was a necessity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Aug 1 12:00:41 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 1:59:52 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

he was instead shipped a 40.2-inch weapon, as Kleins had run out of the shorter weapon.

Source ?

He dismantles the rifle into two component parts, the stock and the barrel, each short enough to conceal within the 38-inch bag he made from Depository paper.

Source ?

he probably assembled the rifle previously elsewhere, then put the assemble rifle back in the bag for transport to the SN)

Probably ? What did the FBI say about markings inside the bag ?

So lets look at Oswald in the Paine`s garage on the morning of the 22nd. He is surprised to find the rifle doesn`t fit in the bag he made. He needs a screwdriver to disassemble the rifle, which he probably wouldn`t
    have if he expected the rifle to fit in the bag. It is a garage, and garages often have tools or a toolbox around, so maybe he finds one or knows where one can be found.

Maybe ?

So he breaks down the rifle. Now he has two parts, which have the potential to cause problems, They move around, make noise when they hit each other, and can possible tear the bag. But he has the solution to
    these problems right in his hand. The blanket the rifle was stored in. It deadens sound, and can be used to cushion parts. But instead he drops the parts in the bag and goes on his way.

Source ?

Or, he opts to find a way to make the bag work with a rifle that isn`t disassembled.

???????

I can go deeper on that, but I`ll leave it there for now. But I will say this, I`m am confident I could take the full assassination rifle, put it in the bag in evidence and lay it on the backseat of a car in such a way as there
    would be no part of the rifle visible.

And make it look like it was only 27 inches long ?

If he realized the rifle was not the 36-inch weapon he ordered, he could have and would have made the bag 42 or 43-inches long, and the rifle would not have to be disassembled.

But the Commission said and PROVED that the bag was 38 inches long

I think there is little doubt he didn`t have the rifle on hand when he made the bag. If he had the rifle handy he would just manufacture the bag around the rifle.
    The fact he constructed a 38-inch bag speaks eloquently to the fact he never measured the rifle he received, and simply assumed it was the 36-inch weapon he ordered.

You still haven't gotten that 40" rifle in the 38" bag.

The common assumption (from CTers and LNers alike) is that the rifle needed to be broken down to fit in the bag. I`m not convinced this was a necessity.

It's not an assumption is simple math.

You've proven NOTHING here, just a lot of hot air opinons and speculation.
    You haven't proven Klein's shipped a 40.2 rifle because it ran out of 36s.
    You haven't proven the rifle was broken down.
    You haven't proven that Oswald used a screwdriver in the Paine garage.
    You haven't proven that Oswald assembled the rifle in the TSBD on the morning of the assassination.
    You haven't proven the bag was 42 or 43 inches long.
    You haven't proven the rifle was even in the bag.

Maybe, could have, probably...all buzz words LNers use when they don't have any evidence to prove what they say.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Aug 1 12:31:44 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 3:00:42 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

he was instead shipped a 40.2-inch weapon, as Kleins had run out of the shorter weapon.
    Source ?

Who are you asking?

Don`t you understand how the ">"s work, stupid?

Source ?
    he probably assembled the rifle previously elsewhere, then put the assemble rifle back in the bag for transport to the SN)
    Probably ? What did the FBI say about markings inside the bag ?
    So lets look at Oswald in the Paine`s garage on the morning of the 22nd. He is surprised to find the rifle doesn`t fit in the bag he made. He needs a screwdriver to disassemble the rifle, which he probably wouldn`t
    have if he expected the rifle to fit in the bag. It is a garage, and garages often have tools or a toolbox around, so maybe he finds one or knows where one can be found.
    Maybe ?

Yes. Certainly well within the realm of possibility.

So he breaks down the rifle. Now he has two parts, which have the potential to cause problems, They move around, make noise when they hit each other, and can possible tear the bag. But he has the solution to
    these problems right in his hand. The blanket the rifle was stored in. It deadens sound, and can be used to cushion parts. But instead he drops the parts in the bag and goes on his way.
    Source ?

For what, that blankets can muffle sound?

You need to bring the basics to the table, Gil.

???????

Which of the words that I used has you perplexed?

I can go deeper on that, but I`ll leave it there for now. But I will say this, I`m am confident I could take the full assassination rifle, put it in the bag in evidence and lay it on the backseat of a car in such a way as there
    would be no part of the rifle visible.
    And make it look like it was only 27 inches long ?

Does that estimate rule out the bag in evidence being the bag he saw?

But the Commission said and PROVED that the bag was 38 inches long

Again, you don`t seem to know who you are responding to.

You still haven't gotten that 40" rifle in the 38" bag.

That was Hank`s response, stupid. Respond to Hank`s points in Hank`s post, stupid.

The common assumption (from CTers and LNers alike) is that the rifle needed to be broken down to fit in the bag. I`m not convinced this was a necessity.

Someone who doesn`t understand the concepts I am expressing might think that.

You've proven NOTHING here, just a lot of hot air opinons and speculation.

Deductive reasoning. I know that looks like magic to you, but people other than CTers are quite capable of it.

You haven't proven Klein's shipped a 40.2 rifle because it ran out of 36s.

It has been shown to my satisfaction that the rifle Oswald had was the one Klein`s shipped him.

You are welcome to try to put a more plausible explanation explaining what is in evidence if you feel up to it.

I am exploring the idea that it wasn`t, stupid.

Can you imagine a lawyer in the OJ trial saying "Since you can`t prove my client had a knife in his hand when wound number seven was inflicted so you must acquit him"?

You haven't proven that Oswald assembled the rifle in the TSBD on the morning of the assassination.

No, but it has been shown that he shot and killed Kennedy with his rifle.

I think that this evidence photo shows that if the flap was opened the length of the bag would be in that range...

Seems reasonable to assume it was.

Maybe, could have, probably...all buzz words LNers use when they don't have any evidence to prove what they say.

We don`t have film of Oswald`s every step of the way, which is the bar you demand. What we have is plenty of information with which to apply reasoning to. Which is what you are completely devoid of.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 13:12:51 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 12:31:44 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 3:00:42?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 1:59:52?PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

Source ?

Who are you asking?

Don`t you understand how the ">"s work, stupid?

Stupid pretends to answer, but logical fallacies aren't...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 13:07:13 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 12:00:22 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

https://jfk.boards.net/thread/51/lee-harvey-oswald-construct-paper >>>>>
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Here's the supposed logical fallacy you deleted:
    Oswald's possession.

Mr. STUDEBAKER. No.

photographing it.

Translation:
    uses, yet can't name.

You deleted my point again!
    Translation: I couldn't rebut the points Hank made, so I will delete them, call them logical fallacies, and call him 'Huckster' instead of even trying to rebut his points.

Hilarious! When I point out logical fallacies, I call them out by name and cite for why they are logical fallacies. You allege supposed logical fallacies, but never name them, and more often that not, are begging the question or shifting the burden in
    your claims of logical fallacies by others. I pointed out how your asking about my supposed logical fallacy was actually an example of you begging the questions and a false dilemma.

I did that here, today: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/iUBlFBg7Tdo/m/JxctQVVtAwAJ
    So Gil is simply repeating conspiracy mythology, as Warren Reynolds ID of Oswald didn’t change.
    Are you honest enough to corrrectly label this logical fallacy?

Or will you dodge and run away again?

I can name both of them. You are utilizing the logical fallacy of BEGGING THE QUESTION, and inserting into your first point the very assertion you must prove.
    https://www.txst.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/begging-the-question.html#:~:text=The%20fallacy%20of%20begging%20the,stand%2C%20that%20is%20in%20question.

You assert, but do not prove, I committed a logical fallacy. Try proving it to start.

In your second question, you are committing the logical fallacy of a FALSE DILEMMA, by offering only two possible responses by me (either I admit I committed a logical fallacy or I run away).
    https://www.scribbr.com/fallacies/false-dilemma-fallacy/#:~:text=false%20dilemma%20fallacy-,What%20is%20the%20false%20dilemma%20fallacy%3F,(when%20they%20are%20not).

The third option is the one you ignored, where I point out your two logical fallacies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 12:56:56 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:58:45 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

wanted a longer bag, so he went looking INTENTIONALLY for a longer >>>>> bag. The actual facts were of no interest to Chickenshit.

corroborating evidence.

But this is a LOOOOONNNG way away from proving that Oswald owned a Mannlicher Carcano.

You deleted the proof, then supply part of it back, then complain the proof is not complete.
    Instead of playing games with the evidence, respond to what I posted.

Ben deletes the proof I produced, then asks me to produce it. Typical nonsense. Here it is again, so Ben can ignore it for a second time:

Oswald was shipped the C2766 rifle, that's the serial number of the rifle found in the Depository.
    Separate from that evidence, that weapon bore Oswald's prints.
    Separate from that, Oswald was photographed with that weapon.

Indeed, the complete lack of any cleaning equipment, rounds, ANYTHING related to owning a rifle is completely missing from the inventory of
    what he owned.

Sorry, Gil's point concerned a rifle: "Oswald didn't own a 7.65 Mauser ? Well, it was really a 6.5 Mannlicher-Carcano."
    You're trying to argue by inference.

You want to change the subject because the evidence doesn't support you.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a .38 automatic ? Well, it was really a revolver. >>>
    Exactly as described...

There you go, deleting the evidence provided by the witnesses who saw Oswald unloading and reloading a revolver.

You are flat lying.

You've deleted the statements of the cited witnesses three times now:

You know full well the evidence for an automatic
    DESCRIBED the revolver.

I quoted what the witnesses who came forward on the first day said. None of them gave testimony consistent with an automatic. They described the gunman manually reloading the weapon. You can't rebut that evidence, so you delete it.

Here it is again:

You make claims the evidence doesn't support.

Begged question logical fallacy once more. I know what the evidence supports, and I cite for my claims.

I understand...

No you don't.

You deleted the bulk of my sentence there.
    I wrote: I understand you couldn't deal with the evidence I posted, so you deleted it and claimed I was untruthful.

That's exactly what you did, and what you've done repeatedly.

Steve Keating, for one:
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/152dp7pvUFI/m/MwPcbuqHTT0J

R2Judge, for another.
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/5Tv-SPjBw_k/m/5FOMBRuYvAIJ

Nope.

You deleted the bulk of my response here as well.

Nope. We're not examining those person's claims. Gil is talking about the Warren Commission's argument.

And I made that clear in my response. And I provided exactly what the Commission said about the timing of the shots. You don't get to change the subject to what some other posters said (some of whom are dead and no longer able to clarify or defend their
    claims).
    Here's again the evidence concerning the Commission's conclusions concerning the timing of the shots, establishing Gil's claim is nonsense:

You change the subject from what the Commission said to what other posters said, and expect me to defend their claims. I've been called a Warren Commission defender numerous times. Nobody has ever called me a Steve Keating or John McAdams defender. But
    that's what you want to sidetrack the discussion to.

You asked who said it... implying that no believer has ever said this
    - although this is EXACTLY what Gil pointed out.

I wasn't implying that. I don't track what everyone has claimed in the history of this case. I was pointing out that Gil - who fashions himself a Warren Commission Critic -- apparently doesn't know what the Commission actually said, he only knows what
    claims the published critics have tried to shove into the Commission's mouth.

You can do that to your heart's content. But Gil doesn't describe himself as a Steve Keating critic. He's a self-described WC critic.

Gil made that clear... and you're desperately trying to change what he clearly stated into something else... AFTER you just got spanked again
    by me.

Gil is a self-described WC critic.

the WC.

I believe Gil when he claims he's a Warren Commission critic.

And provably so.

That's not the way I read it. This self-described WC critic was talking about the Commission there.

I cited the evidence supporting my claims. Neither you nor Gil did. You guys make unproven claims and complain when they aren't rebutted.

couldn't give.

You included.

posters said (some of whom are dead and no longer able to clarify or defend their claims).

You referenced supposed claims by posters not here - some of them deceased, but did not cite for any of them.
    I pointed out I'm not a Steve Keating defender nor John McAdams defender. I am not talking about what they said, I'm citing what the Commission said. You suddenly don't want to discuss what the Commission said relative to what Gil said.

Why is that?

Gil was speaking about believers, you asked **WHO** had said that. You didn't ask which "investigation" came to that conclusion.

Gil spanked you.

Gil didn't cite for any of his claims. You define that as a spanking? Hilarious!

I cited for the my claims. You deleted it. Who exactly is doing the supposed spanking here?

What evidence did you cite?

Gil pretended the Commission concluded 5.6 seconds and WC defenders have changed that to 8.5 seconds:
    "Oh, Oswald couldn't fire three shots in 5.6 seconds ? Well, it was really 8.5 seconds."

Except the Commission didn't conclude that, did they? The 5.6 seconds is an argument for the shortest possible time, which many critics have adopted as the only possible time advanced by the Commission.

and correctly answered.

You threw out some names. You didn't document anything, and it's beside the point in any case.

Non refutation deleted.

I pointed out...

What part of my explanation didn't you understand? You keep running from it, without addressing any of it.

No...

Yes.

Ben runs from my point once more.

That Gil is right.

No...

Yes.

You deleted my point again!

No, I changed Gil's response to the actual one advanced by the Commission, and cited the evidence for the Commission's conclusion. True to form, you deleted it:

Oswald ordered a 36-inch rifle.
    The rifle shipped Oswald bore the serial number C2766.
    The rifle found in the Depository bore that same serial number but measured 40.2 inches.
    And here's Frazier's testimony on that:
    Mr. EISENBERG - Can you explain why someone might call Exhibit 139 a German-made Mauser rifle or a Mauser bolt-action rifle?
    Mr. FRAZIER - The Mauser was one of the earliest, if not the earliest, and the basic bolt-action rifle, from which many others were copied. And since this uses the same type of bolt system, it may have been referred to as a Mauser for that reason.
    Mr. EISENBERG - Have you measured the dimensions of this rifle assembled, and disassembled?
    Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, I have.
    Mr. EISENBERG - Could you give us that information?
    Mr. FRAZIER - The overall length is 40.2 inches. It weighs 8 pounds even.

Your ability to convince yourself you are winning the argument here when the only one citing the evidence has been me is simply astounding.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 13:10:45 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 12:56:56 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:58:45?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

It's also interesting to see how a believer does "research" - he >>>>>>> wanted a longer bag, so he went looking INTENTIONALLY for a longer >>>>>>> bag. The actual facts were of no interest to Chickenshit.

corroborating evidence.

But this is a LOOOOONNNG way away from proving that Oswald owned a
    Mannlicher Carcano.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Indeed, the complete lack of any cleaning equipment, rounds, ANYTHING
    related to owning a rifle is completely missing from the inventory of
    what he owned.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a .38 automatic ? Well, it was really a revolver. >>>>>
    Exactly as described...

You can't cite for lies... deleted.

You are flat lying.

You know full well the evidence for an automatic
    DESCRIBED the revolver.

I quoted ...

You need a quote?

Just ask, and I'll provide one.

I understand...

No you don't.

You ...

Me.

Steve Keating, for one:
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/152dp7pvUFI/m/MwPcbuqHTT0J

R2Judge, for another.
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/5Tv-SPjBw_k/m/5FOMBRuYvAIJ

Nope.

You...

Me.

Gil made that clear... and you're desperately trying to change what he
    clearly stated into something else... AFTER you just got spanked again
    by me.

the WC.

And provably so.

I cited ...

No.

couldn't give.

You included.

posters said (some of whom are dead and no longer able to clarify or
    defend their claims).

You...

Answered the question. Yes.

Gil was speaking about believers, you asked **WHO** had said that. You
    didn't ask which "investigation" came to that conclusion.

Gil spanked you.

and correctly answered.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a white jacket ? Well, it was really tannish-grey. >>>> Non refutation deleted.

I pointed out...

No...

Yes.

That Gil is right.

No...

Yes.

Your ability...

To correct your lies is still beyond dispute.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 13:18:14 2023
    Huckster Sienzant Is So Dumb That He Believes:

That the "A.B.C.D" description in the Autopsy Report refers to the
    location of the bullet wound in the back of JFK's head.

Yet is TERRIFIED of quoting the sentence that precedes that in the
    Autopsy Report.

And why do you make the baseless and lyiing claim that JFK's neck
    wound was dissected?

Watch, as Huckster simply runs away from his unsupported claims.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Aug 1 13:15:51 2023

So he, not having measured the rifle he received (why would he?) assumed he needed to make a bag longer than 36-inches. He did, making one 38-inches in length from Depository paper, which was long enough to contain the 36-inch rifle he ordered. But
    not long enough to contain the 40.2-inch rifle he was shipped.

Oops.

That is exactly what I was exploring, what did he do? Or more importantly, what did he *have* to do? Did he have to break down the rifle in order to conceal it or could he make this bag work without disassembling the rifle?
    And he smuggles the weapon into the Depository that way, and reassembles the weapon within the sniper's nest as he awaits the arrival of the President's motorcade.
    That could very well be what he did. In fact, it would be what I would bet (with a minor change, I think he probably assembled the rifle previously elsewhere, then put the assemble rifle back in the bag for transport to the SN) on if the truth could be
    determined for certain. What I was looking at is whether it was necessary to break the rifle down, or was there a work around?

So lets look at Oswald in the Paine`s garage on the morning of the 22nd. He is surprised to find the rifle doesn`t fit in the bag he made. He needs a screwdriver to disassemble the rifle, which he probably wouldn`t have if he expected the rifle to fit
    in the bag. It is a garage, and garages often have tools or a toolbox around, so maybe he finds one or knows where one can be found. So he breaks down the rifle. Now he has two parts, which have the potential to cause problems, They move around, make
    noise when they hit each other, and can possible tear the bag. But he has the solution to these problems right in his hand. The blanket the rifle was stored in. It deadens sound, and can be used to cushion parts. But instead he drops the parts in the bag
    and goes on his way.

I can go deeper on that, but I`ll leave it there for now. But I will say this, I`m am confident I could take the full assassination rifle, put it in the bag in evidence and lay it on the backseat of a car in such a way as there would be no part of the
    rifle visible.
    Like I said, I was exploring different options. The common assumption (from CTers and LNers alike) is that the rifle needed to be broken down to fit in the bag. I`m not convinced this was a necessity.

According to the FBI, and testimony, the paper tape came out of the machine wet, and ready to be applied. The bag was therefore made within the Depository, within a minute or two of pulling the tape out. To get around this, Oswald could have made the bag
    without the flap, which would make the bag longer, but then, in the Depository while awaiting the motorcade, he would have to pull the tape off the bottom, create a flap, lick the used tape and reapply it to the flap.

I don't see the necessity or a reason to do this. The bag was manufactured once, within the Depository, from Depository paper and tape.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 13:31:45 2023
    Huckster Sienzant Is So Dumb That He Believes...

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 13:28:51 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:10:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    Logical fallacy deleted.
    Logical fallacy deleted.
    Logical fallacy deleted.
    You can't cite for lies... deleted.
    You need a quote?
    Me.
    No.
    Answered the question. Yes.
    To correct your lies is still beyond dispute.

Above is every response Ben made in his most recent post. None of it addresses the evidence I provided in this post:
    https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg/m/aTNfpIxgAwAJ

or this one: https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg/m/C7If8lZkAwAJ

Neither he nor Gil has evened attempt to respond to the evidence cited.
    Ben's response above is devoid of content.

He doesn't even attempt to rebut even one claim of mine, he simply deleted them all and pretended they were inadequate.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 13:37:31 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

Watch, as Ben commits yet another logical fallacy, and Hank not only names it, but cites for it.

This one is called a "red herring", or changing the subject. Ben couldn't rebut any of the evidence I cited (and didn't even try) so he instead now tries the logical fallacy of changing the subject.

And within that change of subject post, he again commits a Begging the Question claim twice!

He claims I am somehow "TERRIFIED of quoting the sentence that precedes that in the Autopsy Report" but doesn't explain how he knows that, and in fact, can't know that (short of mind reading), and he asserts I made "the baseless and lyiing claim that JFK'
    s neck wound was dissected".

Neither claim by Ben is supported by citations by Ben. But again, this is two logical fallacies imbedded within a post that is an attempt to change the subject, another logical fallacy by Ben.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Tue Aug 1 13:41:05 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:37:32 PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:18:18 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

That the "A.B.C.D" description in the Autopsy Report refers to the location of the bullet wound in the back of JFK's head.

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

Watch, as Ben commits yet another logical fallacy, and Hank not only names it, but cites for it.

This one is called a "red herring", or changing the subject. Ben couldn't rebut any of the evidence I cited (and didn't even try) so he instead now tries the logical fallacy of changing the subject.

And within that change of subject post, he again commits a Begging the Question claim twice!

He claims I am somehow "TERRIFIED of quoting the sentence that precedes that in the Autopsy Report" but doesn't explain how he knows that, and in fact, can't know that (short of mind reading), and he asserts I made "the baseless and lyiing claim that
    JFK's neck wound was dissected".

Neither claim by Ben is supported by citations by Ben. But again, this is two logical fallacies imbedded within a post that is an attempt to change the subject, another logical fallacy by Ben.

Ben is so desperate to change the subject that he issues the same logical fallacies three times in this thread in quick succession! Hilarious!

Ben, can't you address the evidence cited in these two posts? https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg/m/aTNfpIxgAwAJ https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/33a9MbNPYEg/m/C7If8lZkAwAJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 13:32:57 2023
    Huckster Sienzant Is So Dumb That He Believes...

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 13:54:10 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 13:37:31 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:18:18?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

Watch, as Ben ...

Logical fallacies deleted.

We are now examining *YOUR* cowardice...

(and dishonesty...)

He claims I am somehow "TERRIFIED of quoting the sentence that
    precedes that in the Autopsy Report" but doesn't explain how he knows
    that,

It couldn't *possibly* be the fact that you've REPEATEDLY refused to
    answer that question in this forum, could it?

And Huckster runs yet again...

and in fact, can't know that

Of course I can. As can anyone else who follows this forum, and knows
    that you've intentionally ducked this question over and over again.

(short of mind reading),

Doesn't require any mind reading. Just knowing the fact that you've
    been asked before, and continue to run like the coward you are.

and he asserts I made "the baseless and lyiing claim that JFK's
    neck wound was dissected".

Neither claim by Ben is supported by citations by Ben.

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THAT I CANNOT CITE FOR THESE ASSERTIONS???

Meanwhile, you run ... yet again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 13:55:43 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 13:41:05 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:37:32?PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

Ben is so desperate...

Huckster is so desperate that he's doing everything he can not to
    answer this post.

Remember folks, I predicted it!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 15:32:32 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:55:47 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 13:41:05 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:37:32?PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:

Autopsy Report.

wound was dissected?

Ben is so desperate...

Huckster is so desperate that he's doing everything he can not to
    answer this post.

You get your jollies removing what other people write, don`t you?

Remember folks, I predicted it!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Hank Sienzant on Tue Aug 1 15:31:47 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 4:15:52 PM UTC-4, Hank Sienzant wrote:

So he, not having measured the rifle he received (why would he?) assumed he needed to make a bag longer than 36-inches. He did, making one 38-inches in length from Depository paper, which was long enough to contain the 36-inch rifle he ordered. But
    not long enough to contain the 40.2-inch rifle he was shipped.

Oops.

That could very well be what he did. In fact, it would be what I would bet (with a minor change, I think he probably assembled the rifle previously elsewhere, then put the assemble rifle back in the bag for transport to the SN) on if the truth could
    be determined for certain. What I was looking at is whether it was necessary to break the rifle down, or was there a work around?

So lets look at Oswald in the Paine`s garage on the morning of the 22nd. He is surprised to find the rifle doesn`t fit in the bag he made. He needs a screwdriver to disassemble the rifle, which he probably wouldn`t have if he expected the rifle to
    fit in the bag. It is a garage, and garages often have tools or a toolbox around, so maybe he finds one or knows where one can be found. So he breaks down the rifle. Now he has two parts, which have the potential to cause problems, They move around, make
    and goes on his way.

I can go deeper on that, but I`ll leave it there for now. But I will say this, I`m am confident I could take the full assassination rifle, put it in the bag in evidence and lay it on the backseat of a car in such a way as there would be no part of
    the rifle visible.
    According to the FBI, and testimony, the paper tape came out of the machine wet, and ready to be applied. The bag was therefore made within the Depository, within a minute or two of pulling the tape out. To get around this, Oswald could have made the
    bag without the flap, which would make the bag longer, but then, in the Depository while awaiting the motorcade, he would have to pull the tape off the bottom, create a flap, lick the used tape and reapply it to the flap.

I don't see the necessity or a reason to do this. The bag was manufactured once, within the Depository, from Depository paper and tape.

Hank, do you happen to know the how wide the depository paper was on the roll?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From David Von Pein@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 16:21:52 2023
    Regarding the possibility of a 40.2-inch object being able to fit inside a 38-inch paper bag, I had this exchange with David S. Lifton in 2016....

DAVID LIFTON SAID:

Later that morning [November 22, 1963], Lee Oswald was observed on the elevator, going upstairs, and passed a witness (and her supervisor) and they both saw him carrying a long package. "What'cha got there?" he was asked. And Lee responded that it was a "
    fishing pole." .... The witnesses who saw Oswald with the longer package (that he explained as "fishing rods") did not make their statements to the FBI, but certainly did talk about it years later. It was first published in 1988 in American History
    Illustrated. I communicated with the author--Ed Oxford--and found his research and interviews to be quite credible. (But that's a whole other story.)

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

I've never heard that fairy tale before in my life. Who is the female witness, David? And who's the "supervisor"?

I'd love it if that story could somehow be proven to be true, though, because such a "fishing pole" lie being uttered by Lee Harvey Oswald would be just that much more of a solid indication that the package he was carrying on November 22nd contained his
    Carcano rifle.

Such a "fishing pole" tale, if true, would mean that Oswald told different lies to different people throughout the day on 11/22/63 -- with Lee telling Buell Wesley Frazier that the package contained "curtain rods", while (allegedly) telling someone else
    later in the day that the (presumably) very same package had a "fishing pole" in it.

You'd then have to ask yourself this question:

Why didn't Oswald just stick with the same story about curtain rods that he started the day with when he drove to work with Frazier? Because the more nonexistent things he tries to cram into that brown paper package, the more obvious (and provable) his
    lies become.

But I doubt any such "fishing pole" or "fishing rods" encounter ever happened in the first place, much the same way Robert Groden's bombshell "I Was Giving LHO Change At The Time Of The Assassination When We Heard The Shots" witness, Mrs. Reid, was a
    hoax too, with that wholly unbelievable story being invented many years later.

Because if that story allegedly told by Mrs. Reid had even a grain of truth in it, we would have heard it coming from the mouth of Lee Oswald himself after his arrest — "Hey, why am I being accused of shooting the President?! I was in the office on the
    second floor at that time, getting change for the Coke machine! Just ask Mrs. Reid. She was right there with me!" (Oswald, of course, never said anything of the kind to the police after he was arrested.)

DAVID LIFTON SAID:

DVP:

I'm not going to go further at this point in time. But the witness(es) exist and--from your post--you clearly understand the implications.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Well, then, what are the names of those two TSBD witnesses, David? I asked, but you failed to answer me. Or didn't Ed Oxford mention their names in his 1988 American History Illustrated article concerning the alleged "fishing pole/rods" statement?

DAVID LIFTON SAID:

You make a serious error when you refer to it as "that fairy tale" and I find it telling that you were unaware of the witness.

Saying "I've never heard that fairy tale before in my life" is revealing.

Surely you do understand that just because you are unaware of something does not mean it is non-existent.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Well, I'm certainly not alone, David. In fact, I'm in very good company when it comes to my ignorance on that topic. Because the late Vincent Bugliosi had apparently never heard the "fishing pole" tale either. No such information, at any rate, can be
    found on any of the 2800+ pages of "Reclaiming History", because I looked it up (via a word search in the PDF version of Bugliosi's book) and there are zero references to "fishing pole" or "fishing rods" relating to any kind of a story told by any Book
    Depository witnesses. So, like me, I guess Vince was in the dark about that particular story too.

DAVID LIFTON SAID:

Proving something like that to be true is important for the very reasons you stated: if true--i.e., if Oswald provided two separate (and different) explanations for the package would imply that Oswald was involved in deception; and of course, the
    ultimate implication was that what was in the package was neither curtain rods nor fishing rods.

I'll pursue this matter further in the future.

With regard to Buell Frazier .... I go way back to the original work done by the late George O'Toole, who emphasized how totally frightened Frazier was that weekend. Really "freaked out" (to use the more current vernacular).

FWIW: I spent time with Michael Paine in 1995--at his home in Boxboro, Mass.--and he revealed how frightened he was; and actually started crying during my taped interview.

I completely disagree with DiEugenio's oversimplified notion that these people (the Paines, Marina, etc.) are all crooked, etc. My impression, from watching several filmed interviews of Ruth Paine (particularly the ones you have archived on your thread #
    87) are very enlightening.

[...]

DiEugenio...just draws incorrect inferences, talks glibly, postulates false hypotheses (particularly about Ruth Paine), and then mounts his high horse and engages in slander.

To close again with your own quote: "Such a "fishing pole" tale, if true, would mean that Oswald told different lies to different people throughout the day on 11/22/63 -- with Lee telling Buell Wesley Frazier that the package contained "curtain rods",
    while (allegedly) telling someone else later in the morning that the (presumably) very same package had a "fishing pole" in it." Agreed. That is exactly the case; only I would not say "throughout the day." That [is] an inaccurate characterization of the
    situation. There are only two points on the time line. Two separate times when he spoke to the issue of what was in the package.

Regarding the question you posed: it's a reasonable one. And I don't have a great answer. But one possibility does occur to me: that when Frazier saw him with the package (early in the morning of 11/22) the rifle was "disassembled", whereas when the "
    elevator" witness saw him with it, it had been completely assembled and was "thinner" and somewhat longer; consequently, "curtain rods" would not be an adequate explanation for the second observer (or observers).

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

But via the scenario that you just outlined, David, the completely assembled 40.2-inch rifle would have been too long for the 38-inch brown paper bag Oswald was carrying it in [CE142], and, hence, part of the gun would likely have been sticking out of
    the top (or bottom) of the bag when the two TSBD witnesses (allegedly) saw Oswald carrying it in the elevator on 11/22/63. Unless the gun could have been placed into the bag at a slight angle, which might have made it possible for a 40-inch object to be
    completely hidden within a 38-inch paper bag. But I've never done any experiments on this before, so I'm not sure if the 2.2-inch differential in the lengths could be completely compensated for by putting the rifle into the bag at an angle.

Now, I suppose any of the above speculative scenarios are possible, I don't deny that. But allowing part of the weapon to protrude out of the bag (if, in fact, the gun could not be put into the bag in a way to conceal the entire length of the C2766
    Mannlicher-Carcano carbine) would have been a risky thing for Oswald to do.

But, I guess under such a circumstance, Lee wouldn't have had too many choices either. He probably wouldn't want to construct a whole new bag from Troy West's TSBD wrapping table just for the purpose of transporting the rifle up to the sixth floor from a
    lower floor. So, as an alternative, he could possibly have placed his hand over the end of the bag (where the rifle was protruding), in order to temporarily hide the gun from any prying eyes that might want to gaze upon it as Lee ascended to the sixth
    floor. Such a "fly by the seat of your pants" plan would certainly be possible and doable, IMO.

I still have great doubts about the "fishing pole" / "fishing rods" story, however. But I will readily admit that I could be wrong when it comes to my deep skepticism on this matter. In fact, as I said earlier....

"I'd love it if that story could somehow be proven to be true...because such a "fishing pole" lie being uttered by Lee Harvey Oswald would be just that much more of a solid indication that the package he was carrying on November 22nd contained his
    Carcano rifle."

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/07/david-von-pein-vs-david-lifton.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to davevonpein@aol.com on Tue Aug 1 16:31:38 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 16:21:52 -0700 (PDT), David Von Pein
    <davevonpein@aol.com> wrote:

Regarding ...

Lots of speculation, hearsay, and other logical fallacies deleted.

Shouldn't you stay away until all 53 refutations of Bugs are
    published, Von Penis?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to David Von Pein on Wed Aug 2 02:07:59 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:21:54 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
    ".......such a "fishing pole" lie being uttered by Lee Harvey Oswald would be just that much more of a solid indication that the package he was carrying on November 22nd contained his Carcano rifle."

Oh boy, another "winner" for Davey boy to post on his blog.

Except that there is:

No evidence that Oswald picked up the rifle at the Dallas Post Office.
    No evidence Oswald took a 38 inch package to work on the morning of November 22nd, 1963.
    No evidence Oswald brought a 38 inch package into the building.
    No evidence that Oswald ever had an opportunity to construct the 38 inch paper "gunsack".
    No evidence that the "gunsack" ever contained a rifle.
    No evidence that the rifle was fired on Nov. 22nd.
    No evidence that Oswald fired the rifle.
    No evidence Oswald knew in advance that the motorcade would pass in front of his place of work.
    No evidence that Oswald was on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting.
    No evidence that Oswald went to Irving on the evening of the 21st to retrieve a rifle.
    No evidence that Oswald had any animosity towards the President.
    No evidence that Oswald planned the assassination in advance.

And even if a man lies about the contents of a package he's carrying, does Davey boy assume that telling that lie is "a solid indication" that the man is a murderer ?
    Is every liar a murderer ?

SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Aug 2 03:49:14 2023
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 5:08:01 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    ".......such a "fishing pole" lie being uttered by Lee Harvey Oswald would be just that much more of a solid indication that the package he was carrying on November 22nd contained his Carcano rifle."

Except that there is:

Why would you expect there to be. He was photographed with the rifle. His palm print was
    on the rifle. A logical inference can be drawn that he picked up the rifle.

No evidence Oswald took a 38 inch package to work on the morning of November 22nd, 1963.

You're lying. A 38 inch package was found in the TSBD with his prints on it.

Another lie.

No evidence that Oswald ever had an opportunity to construct the 38 inch paper "gunsack".

Still more lies. He worked in the building with the materials to make the bag. Do you think they
    kept a guard around that station?

Another lie. Fibers matching his rifle blanket were found in the bag.

Jesus, even for you that's a whopper. Shells from that rifle were found at the window where
    the shooter was seen.

Fibers matching his shirt were on the butt plate.

No evidence Oswald knew in advance that the motorcade would pass in front of his place of work.

Howard Brennan said in sworn testimony he saw Oswald there. Sworn testimony is evidence.

No evidence that Oswald went to Irving on the evening of the 21st to retrieve a rifle.

We have evidence he went to Irving and returned to work with the rifle.

None is needed.

He constructed the bag. He went to Irving to get his rifle. He brought it to work. That establishes
    forethought.

And even if a man lies about the contents of a package he's carrying, does Davey boy assume that telling that lie is "a solid indication" that the man is a murderer ?

Is every liar a dumbass like you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Hank Sienzant@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Aug 2 03:24:20 2023
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 5:08:01 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Except that there is:

No evidence that Oswald was on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting. No evidence that Oswald went to Irving on the evening of the 21st to retrieve a rifle.

SMH

Here's the problem:

Evidence exists for all that stuff. Multiple investigations have examined the evidence and concluded it is legitimate. You reject all that evidence, and don't accept it. If those multiple investigations haven't convinced you the evidence exists, my
    repeating their conclusions here (and citing for them) won't convince you either.

So what kind of conversation regarding this event can we have if you reject all the evidence and all the conclusions from the investigations that have concluded Oswald kill the President? What's your purpose in posting your conclusions here but refusing
    to discuss how you reached those conclusions here?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Wed Aug 2 06:56:56 2023
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 03:24:20 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 5:08:01?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:21:54?PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:

Except that there is:

No evidence that Oswald was on the sixth floor at the time of the shooting. >> No evidence that Oswald went to Irving on the evening of the 21st to retrieve a rifle.

SMH

Here's the problem:

Evidence exists for all that stuff.

Yet you're afraid to cite it... and we know from Chickenshit that if
    you make an empty claim like this, with no citations - then it's a
    lie.

So you're simply lying again, Huckster.

Multiple investigations have examined the evidence and concluded it is legitimate.

Another empty assertion. And therefore, a lie.

You reject all that evidence, and don't accept it.

Can you QUOTE Gil saying this? No? Another lie on your part.

If those multiple investigations haven't convinced you the evidence
    exists,

Which one of those "multipile investigations" held to ordinary
    judicial process?

No answer? Again, you're a liar.

my repeating their conclusions here (and citing for them)
    won't convince you either.

Here we see Huckster's claim that you BELIEVE what he says, or he
    doesn't have to cite.

Huckster's getting senile.

So what kind of conversation regarding this event can we have if you
    reject all the evidence and all the conclusions from the
    investigations that have concluded Oswald kill the President?

A simple one. Pointing out your cowardice and dishonesty.

Works for me.

What's your purpose in posting your conclusions here but refusing to
    discuss how you reached those conclusions here?

You mean like you just did????

You BRAGGED about refusing to cite...

ROTFLMAO!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Aug 2 07:06:01 2023
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 03:49:14 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Except that there is:

Why would you expect there to be.

Normal postal regulations.

He was photographed with the rifle.

Is that what you believe?

His palm print was on the rifle.

Not according to the best evidence...

A logical inference can be drawn that he picked up the rifle.

So you agree that there's no evidence that Oswald picked up the rifle
    at the Dallas Post Office.

Why didn't you just say that?

You're lying. Simply another logical fallacy on your part.

Another lie.

Indeed. On your part.

Notice folks, that Corbutt cited *NOTHING*.

Still more lies. He worked in the building with the materials to make the bag. Do you think they

No-one who's read the testimony would call that the truth.

You're lying again, Corbutt.

Untrue... another blatant lie.

Jesus, even for you that's a whopper. Shells from that rifle were found at the window where
    the shooter was seen.

Not much of a heavy thinker, are you?

THE WRONG SHIRT!!! You prove yourself an ignorant moron.

Howard Brennan said in sworn testimony he saw Oswald there. Sworn testimony is evidence.

You failed to mention the intimidation Howard Brennan faced. Indeed,
    you're too dishonest to acknowledge what HE said on that topic.

No you don't. You'll never cite any such evidence.

None is needed.

Believers, when faced with a complete lack of motive, start crying...

He constructed the bag. He went to Irving to get his rifle. He brought it to work. That establishes
    forethought.

Speculation isn't evidence.

Logical fallacies simply show that you have no facts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to Bud on Wed Aug 2 09:04:19 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 11:41:09 AM UTC-5, Bud wrote:
    How is asking for the facts about the bag "bullshit"?
    as fact.
    Ass backwards as usual. I searched for the dimensions of the bag and this came up. I first started looking through Day`s, Frazier`s and Cadigan`s testimony and came up empty so I tried general google searches.
    An opinion, BTW, that has no basis in fact and is not supported by any corroborating evidence.

I found and posted a link to the actual bag, stupid. That was what I called research, stupid.

Oh, Oswald didn't own a .38 automatic ? Well, it was really a revolver. Oh, Oswald couldn't fire three shots in 5.6 seconds ? Well, it was really 8.5 seconds.
    Oh, Oswald didn't own a white jacket ? Well, it was really tannish-grey. Oh, the rifle was longer than the bag ? Well, the bag was really 41 inches.
    You do better with strawmen than the actual arguments.
    We just look at it correctly.

Which sometimes means "at all".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Aug 2 11:40:30 2023
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 10:06:06 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Except that there is:

Like?

What reason is there not to?

Who cares about your subjective op[inions?

The photo of him holding it speaks to him picking it up.

You're lying. A 38 inch package was found in the TSBD with his prints on it. You're lying.

Your denials are menaingless.

Simply another logical fallacy on your part.

Another lie.
    Indeed. On your part.

So you can look at it incorrectly?

There is no reason to believe it impossible for Oswald to make the bag at work unobserved.

Another lie. Fibers matching his rifle blanket were found in the bag. Untrue... another blatant lie.

The fact that the rifle was known to be at one location and then was found at another and Oswald was seen carrying a long package between those location sis evidence that the rfile was in the bag.

the shooter was seen.

Actually it is Gil who is too stupid to figure out that rifle was fired that day.

You failed to mention the intimidation Howard Brennan faced.

Did he say he was forced into saying he saw Oswald in that window?

Indeed,

No you don't. You'll never cite any such evidence.

Oswald`s movements from where the rifle was to where it was found.

None is needed.
    Believers, when faced with a complete lack of motive, start crying...

Idiots, when faced with the fact that none is needed, start crying...

forethought.

You have no critical thinking or reasoning skills to apply to the evidence, so it does you no good. Gil is the same.

For thinking people indications indicate things.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From recipient.x@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Aug 2 16:39:10 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 2:00:42 PM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

You've proven NOTHING here, just a lot of hot air opinons and speculation. You haven't proven Klein's shipped a 40.2 rifle because it ran out of 36s.

It's already been shown here in a.c.jfk that by early March, 1963, Klein's order code C20-T750
    referred to a 40" Carcano FC, rather than a 36" TS. Whether or not Klein's ran out of 36" rifles,
    Oswald got what he ordered.

You haven't proven that it wasn't or that it could not have been.

You haven't proven that he didn't or coulnd't have

And you haven't proven that he didn't or couldn't have.

The disassembled rifle was a bit over 34" long. short enough to fit
    in a 38" long bag

You haven't proven that anything else was in the bag, or that the
    bag was empty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

Except your source is "Tony Fratini", a "new member" posting in a JFK forum. >> Apparently, Mr. "Fratini" never looked at Commission Exhibit 1304, which shows the "bag" alongside a ruler.

And you presume that hearsay from some unknown forum poster to be more
    valid than the WCR.

Interesting!

Non-refutation deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Non-refutation deleted.

Whining deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to hsienzant@aol.com on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 13:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Hank Sienzant

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 12:00:22?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:
    <hsie...@aol.com> wrote:

https://jfk.boards.net/thread/51/lee-harvey-oswald-construct-paper >>>>>>>
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Here's the supposed logical fallacy you deleted...

Where? I don't see it.

Translation:

uses, yet can't name.

So Gil is simply repeating conspiracy mythology, as Warren Reynolds ID of Oswald didn’t change.
    Are you honest enough to corrrectly label this logical fallacy?

Or will you dodge and run away again?

Well, we have our answer...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Aug 3 08:00:04 2023
    On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:02:17 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

valid than the WCR.

Interesting!
    Non-refutation deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.
    Non-refutation deleted.
    Whining deleted.
    Unless you can cite in the official record that the "bag" was 41 inches. Logical fallacy deleted.

<snicker> Ben responded so he could show everyone he is a coward who runs from every idea I express.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Aug 3 08:09:42 2023
    On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:02:00 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 11:40:30 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:
    On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 10:06:06?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 7:21:54?PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote: >>>>> ".......such a "fishing pole" lie being uttered by Lee Harvey Oswald would be just that much more of a solid indication that the package he was carrying on November 22nd contained his Carcano rifle."

Except that there is:

No evidence that Oswald picked up the rifle at the Dallas Post Office. >>>

Like?
    You already know the answer.

I know you blow hot air but don`t support your claims.

What are the "Normal postal regulations" about picking up items at the post office?

This is the sort of stupidity that
    believers use all the time in order to evade the truth. You have to
    teach morons over and over and over again.

What reason is there not to?
    The facts you're intentionally omitting.

What facts would they be?

Who cares about your subjective op[inions?
    Not "subjective" at all.

More opinion.

The photo of him holding it speaks to him picking it up.
    Another logical fallacy on your part.

A person that can`t reason might think that.

You're lying.

Your denials are menaingless.
    Your lying is meaningless.

You need more than hot air claims of lying, at some point you have to back up the hot air.

Simply another logical fallacy on your part.

Another lie.
    Indeed. On your part.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Running noted.

There is no reason...

You're lying again, Chickenshit.

You removed what I wrote, stupid.

Untrue... another blatant lie.

The fact that ...

Corbutt lied shows that he's a liar, yes...

<snicker> Ben hates the truth, he removes it every chance he can.

the shooter was seen.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Running noted.

Chickenshit suddenly couldn't defend the moron...

You need more to run from?

You failed to mention the intimidation Howard Brennan faced.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

It isn`t a fallacy to point out that you back up nothing you say.

Indeed,

We have evidence he went to Irving and returned to work with the rifle. >> No you don't. You'll never cite any such evidence.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Running noted.

None is needed.
    Believers, when faced with a complete lack of motive, start crying... Logical fallacy deleted.

Running noted.

forethought.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Running noted.

Running from the ideas people express here is probably the only exercise you get.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 11 14:22:36 2023
    On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 08:00:04 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Thursday, August 3, 2023 at 10:02:17?AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:32:34 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

valid than the WCR.

Interesting!

Non-refutation deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Non-refutation deleted.
    Whining deleted.
    Unless you can cite in the official record that the "bag" was 41 inches. >> Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05