• Why Deputy Wiseman failed to mention Day photographing the shells

From donald willis@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 27 21:39:18 2023
    Why Deputy Wiseman failed to mention Day photographing the shells

"Eureka!" moments sometimes happen when you least expect them. I've read the Supplementary Reports of Deputy Sheriffs John Wiseman and Jack Faulkner maybe 60 or 70 times. I knew parts of them almost by heart. I knew that they both wrote that the rifle
    hulls were found on the depository's FIFTH floor. I knew that Faulkner had made a few mistakes--"Bill" Wiseman for "Jack", "sixth floor" for "7th", in the last sentence. But otherwise the two were cleanly coordinated--they were in the same search party.

What I had never done with the Wiseman and Faulkner reports was coordinate them myself.

Wiseman: "About the time we got started on the 5th floor, Dep. Sheriff Luke Mooney found some spent hulls... As we worked our way across the room... we got to the front of the stairway when Dep. Sheriff Eugene Boone said, 'Here is the gun'... Officer
    Day of the DPD Crime Lab came and took pictures of the gun in its hiding spot..."

What's missing? Oh, yes--how about the pictures of the hulls? Wiseman says nothing about that.

But Faulkner says something which explains the apparent omission: "We then went back upstairs to the fifth floor... and Officer Luke Mooney found the hulls of rifle cartridges at the corner window of Elm & Houston... Capt. Will Fritz of DPD arrived on
    the scene and the shells were given to him. Shortly after this, Officer Boone of the SO found the rifle near the entrance to the stairway."

Faulkner fills in the apparent gap in Wiseman's narrative. No pictures of the shells were taken at the time--that is, before the discovery of the rifle. That's why Wiseman didn't mention Day's taking photos of the hulls--they weren't there for him to
    take them. Day returned to the building at about 3pm to take further pictures (Pictures of the Pain, p537). That must have been when the shells were photographed, supposedly "in situ", supposedly on the floor on which they were found.

The shells were found on the fifth floor. They were photographed on the sixth.

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to donald willis on Fri Jul 28 03:02:47 2023
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 12:39:19 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

"Eureka!" moments sometimes happen when you least expect them. I've read the Supplementary Reports of Deputy Sheriffs John Wiseman and Jack Faulkner maybe 60 or 70 times.

Why?

I knew parts of them almost by heart. I knew that they both wrote that the rifle hulls were found on the depository's FIFTH floor.

You know a lot of shit that isn't so.

I knew that Faulkner had made a few mistakes--"Bill" Wiseman for "Jack", "sixth floor" for "7th", in the last sentence. But otherwise the two were cleanly coordinated--they were in the same search party.

What I had never done with the Wiseman and Faulkner reports was coordinate them myself.

Wiseman: "About the time we got started on the 5th floor, Dep. Sheriff Luke Mooney found some spent hulls... As we worked our way across the room... we got to the front of the stairway when Dep. Sheriff Eugene Boone said, 'Here is the gun'... Officer
    Day of the DPD Crime Lab came and took pictures of the gun in its hiding spot..."

What's missing? Oh, yes--how about the pictures of the hulls? Wiseman says nothing about that.

But Faulkner says something which explains the apparent omission: "We then went back upstairs to the fifth floor... and Officer Luke Mooney found the hulls of rifle cartridges at the corner window of Elm & Houston... Capt. Will Fritz of DPD arrived on
    the scene and the shells were given to him. Shortly after this, Officer Boone of the SO found the rifle near the entrance to the stairway."

Faulkner fills in the apparent gap in Wiseman's narrative. No pictures of the shells were taken at the time--that is, before the discovery of the rifle. That's why Wiseman didn't mention Day's taking photos of the hulls--they weren't there for him to
    take them. Day returned to the building at about 3pm to take further pictures (Pictures of the Pain, p537). That must have been when the shells were photographed, supposedly "in situ", supposedly on the floor on which they were found.

Amazing how your mind works, or more accurately, malfunctions. One more example of a
    conspiracy hobbyist looking at the wrong things incorrectly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Aug 1 08:57:55 2023
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 3:02:49 AM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 12:39:19 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

"Eureka!" moments sometimes happen when you least expect them. I've read the Supplementary Reports of Deputy Sheriffs John Wiseman and Jack Faulkner maybe 60 or 70 times.
    Why?
    I knew parts of them almost by heart. I knew that they both wrote that the rifle hulls were found on the depository's FIFTH floor.
    You know a lot of shit that isn't so.
    I knew that Faulkner had made a few mistakes--"Bill" Wiseman for "Jack", "sixth floor" for "7th", in the last sentence. But otherwise the two were cleanly coordinated--they were in the same search party.

But Faulkner says something which explains the apparent omission: "We then went back upstairs to the fifth floor... and Officer Luke Mooney found the hulls of rifle cartridges at the corner window of Elm & Houston... Capt. Will Fritz of DPD arrived
    on the scene and the shells were given to him. Shortly after this, Officer Boone of the SO found the rifle near the entrance to the stairway."

Amazing how your mind works, or more accurately, malfunctions. One more example of a
    conspiracy hobbyist looking at the wrong things incorrectly. (copyright Bud)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Aug 1 14:57:28 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:57:56 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

Bud has a way of getting right to the point very succinctly. I liked the way he put this so have
    taken the liberty of recycling it. If Bud has indeed copyrighted the saying, I guess I'll have to pay
    him royalties. Otherwise he might issue a cease and desist order against me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Aug 1 15:07:55 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 5:57:30 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:57:56 AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

Bud has a way of getting right to the point very succinctly. I liked the way he put this so have
    taken the liberty of recycling it. If Bud has indeed copyrighted the saying, I guess I'll have to pay

Nobody owns truisms.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Aug 1 15:11:30 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 14:57:28 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 11:57:56?AM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

Bud has a way of getting right to the point very succinctly.

He has a way of lying very directly.

As do you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Aug 1 15:28:45 2023
    On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 6:11:35 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 14:57:28 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Bud has a way of getting right to the point very succinctly.
    He has a way of lying very directly.

You just despise the truth.

As do you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Tue, 1 Aug 2023 15:07:55 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at 5:57:30?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

Nobody owns truisms.

And nobody but a liar would call a lie a "truism"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05