• Re: Approaching the 57th anniversary of another Texas sniper

From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Wed Jul 26 12:54:41 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 2:43:43 PM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-tower-bloodbath-ex-marine-turned-sniper-killed-15-and-wounded-33-fpd-case-vault/ar-AA1enXIc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cae25eb9bffd436f80a616e81e558373&ei=14

On August 1, 1966, less than three years after Oswald shot and killed JFK from his 6th floor perch in the TSBD, another ex-Marine sent to the top of
    a tower on the University of Texas campus in Austin and opened fired on unsuspecting victims below. His name was Charles Whitman. He had killed
    his mother earlier and another of his victims was killed near the entrance to
    the observation tower, but most of his victims were shot on the ground,
    some of them blocks away from the tower. Whitman's best score while a
    Marine was 213, just three points better than Oswald. He shot over 40
    people before himself being shot and killed himself. He shot his victims from much greater distances than Oswald shot JFK from. In the movie Full Metal Jacket, Seargent Hartmann, brilliantly played by former Marine Corps Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, bragged about the shooting prowess of
    both Oswald and Whitman. While neither was exceptional by USMC
    standards, both were more than capable of carrying out the murders they
    are alleged to have committed.

One other point, by Gil's standards, we can't conclude that Whitman was guilty of killing 15 people and wounding 33 others because he was never tried for those crimes. I guess it will have to remain a mystery as to who shot
    all those people.

I used to maintain a thread called the Benny Tracker, and I'd update it from time-to-time with the wit and wisdom of Ben Holmes. Early on, I didn't source the threads for his comments. I got smarter about it later and always made sure to accompany Ben's
    posts I was referencing with the title of the thread they were found at.

Here's post 112 from the series with Ben commenting on the post-Marine Corps lives of Whitman and Oswald:

112.) At the thread, 'The 'Former Marine' Question Ben Can't Answer!' Ben was asked who led the better POST-Marine Corps life: Former Marine Charles Whitman, who killed and wounded dozens in a spree-killing rampage at the University of Texas in Austin,
    in 1966, or Former Marine Lee Harvey Oswald, whom Ben feels was an innocent man on 11/22/63. Weirdly, Ben feels WHITMAN led the BETTER post-Marine Corps life. Ben explains this oddity thusly: "Whitman lived until age 25 and had an honorable discharge.
    Oswald was killed at age 24 and had an undesirable discharge. Therefore, Whitman led the better life, having another year of it, as well as an honorable discharge from the Corps." You can't make it up, folks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 26 12:43:42 2023
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-tower-bloodbath-ex-marine-turned-sniper-killed-15-and-wounded-33-fpd-case-vault/ar-AA1enXIc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=cae25eb9bffd436f80a616e81e558373&ei=14

On August 1, 1966, less than three years after Oswald shot and killed JFK
    from his 6th floor perch in the TSBD, another ex-Marine sent to the top of
    a tower on the University of Texas campus in Austin and opened fired on unsuspecting victims below. His name was Charles Whitman. He had killed
    his mother earlier and another of his victims was killed near the entrance to the observation tower, but most of his victims were shot on the ground,
    people before himself being shot and killed himself. He shot his victims
    from much greater distances than Oswald shot JFK from. In the movie Full
    Metal Jacket, Seargent Hartmann, brilliantly played by former Marine Corps Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, bragged about the shooting prowess of

One other point, by Gil's standards, we can't conclude that Whitman was
    guilty of killing 15 people and wounding 33 others because he was never
    tried for those crimes. I guess it will have to remain a mystery as to who shot all those people.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Wed Jul 26 13:11:50 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:54:41 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

I used to maintain a thread called the Benny Tracker, and I'd update
    it from time-to-time with the wit and wisdom of Ben Holmes. Early on,
    I didn't source the threads for his comments. I got smarter about it
    later and always made sure to accompany Ben's posts I was referencing
    with the title of the thread they were found at.

That's because you got embarrassed at me constantly pointing out your
    lies.

Here's post 112 from the series with Ben commenting on the post-Marine Corps lives of Whitman and Oswald:

Whitman lived until age 25 and had an honorable discharge. Oswald was
    killed at age 24 and had an undesirable discharge. Therefore, Whitman
    led the better life, having another year of it, as well as an
    honorable discharge from the Corps.

And amusingly, Chuckles had **NOTHING** to refute this with.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Jul 26 13:14:46 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:43:42 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

One other point, by Gil's standards, we can't conclude that Whitman was >guilty of killing 15 people and wounding 33 others because he was never
    tried for those crimes. I guess it will have to remain a mystery as to who shot
    all those people.

And by asserting what Gil's opinion would be in such wacky terms, all
    you're doing is showing how dishonest *YOU* are.

You've not shown anything about Gil.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Jul 26 13:38:21 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 3:11:55 PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:54:41 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chucksch...@gmail.com> wrote:

lies.

Because it's just your opinion on something subjective.

You think Oswald was 100% innocent on 11/22/63, which was post USMC time for him, and yet you think Whitman--who killed and wounded dozens of innocent people in a horrible shooting spree--had a BETTER post-USMC life because he had an honorable discharge
    and one extra year on the planet? Whitman has a piece of paper that says "Honorable Discharge" but killed and wounded dozens, and Oswald has a piece of paper that says "Undesirable Discharge" and is an innocent man in your view, but Whitman's honorable
    discharge trumps his murderous rampage or innocent LHO's undesirable discharge?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Wed Jul 26 13:47:48 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:38:21 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 3:11:55?PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:54:41 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler
    <chucksch...@gmail.com> wrote:

lies.

Because it's just your opinion on something subjective.

And amusingly, Chuckles had **NOTHING** to refute this with...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Jul 26 14:14:59 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:28:56 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:14:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    And by asserting what Gil's opinion would be in such wacky terms, all you're doing is showing how dishonest *YOU* are.

He wasn't successful attacking me in the "wife testifying against her husband" thread
    and ended up being embarrassed and so he's trying to attack me again.

All this guy does is make false claims.
    I'm not surprised. He's a loser.

Coming from you, Gil, I take that as a compliment. I would be embarrassed if someone like you
    thought highly of me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Jul 26 13:28:54 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:14:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

He wasn't successful attacking me in the "wife testifying against her husband" thread

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Wed Jul 26 15:09:13 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 3:43:43 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

On August 1, 1966, less than three years after Oswald shot and killed JFK from his 6th floor perch in the TSBD, another ex-Marine sent to the top of
    his mother earlier and another of his victims was killed near the entrance to
    the observation tower, but most of his victims were shot on the ground,
    people before himself being shot and killed himself. He shot his victims from much greater distances than Oswald shot JFK from. In the movie Full Metal Jacket, Seargent Hartmann, brilliantly played by former Marine Corps Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, bragged about the shooting prowess of

One other point, by Gil's standards, we can't conclude that Whitman was guilty of killing 15 people and wounding 33 others because he was never tried for those crimes. I guess it will have to remain a mystery as to who shot
    all those people.

Which raises another point. There were hundreds, perhaps thousands of witnesses to this crime. Let`s say you got a statement from most of these people. Then you questioned the doctors who worked on the victims, and you examined all the autopsies. Then
    you collected all the police statements made to the public, and all the newspaper accounts, examined all the photos and film of the event, ect (I`m sticking with "ect" Chuck, so people will know it`s me). Then you had thousands of hobbyists spending
    countless hours pouring though all this information, looking to seize on any unknown, difficulty, anomaly, mistake, ect. Is there any reason to believe that it wouldn`t look exactly like the hobbyists have done with the assassination? Or what the Truther
    hobbyists did with 9-11?

Corbett: "The standard CT ploy. Find any little inconsistency and attribute it to a conspiracy."

Gil: "There shouldn't be inconsistencies. Period. That's the whole point."

In Gil`s world all the information should mesh perfectly. Gil is an idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Jul 26 14:21:57 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:14:59 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:28:56?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 4:14:50?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

Coming from you, Gil, I take that as a compliment. I would be embarrassed if someone like you
    thought highly of me.

A loser proud of being a loser! ROTFLMAO!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Wed Jul 26 16:06:56 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 6:09:15 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

On August 1, 1966, less than three years after Oswald shot and killed JFK from his 6th floor perch in the TSBD, another ex-Marine sent to the top of a tower on the University of Texas campus in Austin and opened fired on unsuspecting victims below. His name was Charles Whitman. He had killed his mother earlier and another of his victims was killed near the entrance to
    the observation tower, but most of his victims were shot on the ground, some of them blocks away from the tower. Whitman's best score while a Marine was 213, just three points better than Oswald. He shot over 40 people before himself being shot and killed himself. He shot his victims from much greater distances than Oswald shot JFK from. In the movie Full Metal Jacket, Seargent Hartmann, brilliantly played by former Marine Corps Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, bragged about the shooting prowess of
    standards, both were more than capable of carrying out the murders they are alleged to have committed.

all those people.
    Which raises another point. There were hundreds, perhaps thousands of witnesses to this crime. Let`s say you got a statement from most of these people. Then you questioned the doctors who worked on the victims, and you examined all the autopsies. Then
    you collected all the police statements made to the public, and all the newspaper accounts, examined all the photos and film of the event, ect (I`m sticking with "ect" Chuck, so people will know it`s me). Then you had thousands of hobbyists spending
    countless hours pouring though all this information, looking to seize on any unknown, difficulty, anomaly, mistake, ect. Is there any reason to believe that it wouldn`t look exactly like the hobbyists have done with the assassination? Or what the Truther
    hobbyists did with 9-11?

Corbett: "The standard CT ploy. Find any little inconsistency and attribute it to a conspiracy."

I'm sure all those witnesses would have agreed on every point and every one of them would
    have told their story exactly the same way every time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Wed Jul 26 16:42:47 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 7:06:57 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 6:09:15 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

On August 1, 1966, less than three years after Oswald shot and killed JFK
    from his 6th floor perch in the TSBD, another ex-Marine sent to the top of
    a tower on the University of Texas campus in Austin and opened fired on unsuspecting victims below. His name was Charles Whitman. He had killed his mother earlier and another of his victims was killed near the entrance to
    the observation tower, but most of his victims were shot on the ground, some of them blocks away from the tower. Whitman's best score while a Marine was 213, just three points better than Oswald. He shot over 40 people before himself being shot and killed himself. He shot his victims from much greater distances than Oswald shot JFK from. In the movie Full Metal Jacket, Seargent Hartmann, brilliantly played by former Marine Corps
    Gunnery Seargent R. Lee Ermey, bragged about the shooting prowess of both Oswald and Whitman. While neither was exceptional by USMC standards, both were more than capable of carrying out the murders they are alleged to have committed.

all those people.
    Which raises another point. There were hundreds, perhaps thousands of witnesses to this crime. Let`s say you got a statement from most of these people. Then you questioned the doctors who worked on the victims, and you examined all the autopsies.
    Then you collected all the police statements made to the public, and all the newspaper accounts, examined all the photos and film of the event, ect (I`m sticking with "ect" Chuck, so people will know it`s me). Then you had thousands of hobbyists spending
    hobbyists did with 9-11?

I'm sure all those witnesses would have agreed on every point and every one of them would
    have told their story exactly the same way every time.

That`s part of it. But also consider this, a witness says a victim was running away from the tower when they were shot. The autopsy of that victim says they were shot from the front, not the back. If hobbyists were poring through the information and
    found such a thing they could use it to profess Whitman`s innocence. There must be a second shooter they`d say.

The only other case I can think of that provides somewhat useful parallels is the Beltway Sniper shootings. The witnesses didn`t know where the shots were coming from, so it would be interesting to see where they placed the origin of the shots.

"Because the shootings occurred at random and the victims weren’t connected, law enforcement had to rely on witness testimonies. Those proved to be inconsistent and inaccurate at times."

https://nleomf.org/the-beltway-sniper-case-interoperability-and-evidence-gathering/

One more thing, I don`t know how to go about gather all the vast amount of evidence in either the Whitman case or the Beltway Sniper case. It would be much, much more difficult than the assassination, where the information was made readily available.
    Ironically it could be Katzenbach who is most responsible for the conspiracy hobby, him calling for all the facts to be released to the public provided the children with blocks to play with.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 15:09:13 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

Another uncited empty claim. We know, from Chickenshit himself, that
    this must be a lie.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05