• Redirecting Bud's question re CTs and lies to LNs and Dale Myers

From donald willis@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 14:06:07 2023
    Redirecting Bud's question re CTs and lies to LNs and Dale Myers

Earlier today, Bud asked Ben here (Why Can't Chuckles Tell Us What Happened That Day?),"Why do you think you can convince people with lies?"

I'd rephrase that: Why do LNs think they can convince people with lies?

Case in point: Cab driver WW Scoggins testified, "I went back and got on my radio and contacted my supervisor. And they wanted me to come into the office and make a statement. And so I did, [for] the cab company... [The police] talked with everybody
    else" (v3p332), at the Tippit scene, but not with him, apparently. Author Dale Myers corrects Officer Kenneth Croy when the latter testified, "Several officers came up and I turned the cab driver over to them and they questioned him." Myers: "Croy may
    have confused Ted Callaway with William Scoggins". Myers then goes on to quote Scoggins' testimony, as above (p119).

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the scene" (v3p337)

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for questioning (as
    Croy testifies) and then leave his cab there and get into a police car?

Fortunately, there's a decider. "According to [retired FBI agent Robert M. Barrett], upon his arrival in Oak Cliff he parked across from Scoggins' cab near 10th & Patton..." (With Malice p288) At what time did Barrett arrive at 10th & Patton? Myers
    pegs the time as 1:42 (p386) and even offers a frame grab of that scene (p152).

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the idea that
    the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Did Myers inadvertently forget his own interview with Barrett, or simply not realize the implications of Barrett's arrival time? Or did he lie to cover up the implication that Scoggins was suspected of being the shooter? A phrase in Croy's testimony
    suggests that he was, at first, in fact, suspected: "There was a report that a cabdriver had picked up Tippit's gun and had left, presumably. They don't know whether he was the one that had shot Tippit..." (p202)

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My best guess
    is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 14:36:46 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:20:32 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:06:09 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

Earlier today, Bud asked Ben here (Why Can't Chuckles Tell Us What Happened That Day?),"Why do you think you can convince people with lies?"
    I like to turn Ben`s nonsense back on him.

Case in point: Cab driver WW Scoggins testified, "I went back and got on my radio and contacted my supervisor. And they wanted me to come into the office and make a statement. And so I did, [for] the cab company... [The police] talked with everybody
    else" (v3p332), at the Tippit scene, but not with him, apparently. Author Dale Myers corrects Officer Kenneth Croy when the latter testified, "Several officers came up and I turned the cab driver over to them and they questioned him." Myers: "Croy may
    have confused Ted Callaway with William Scoggins". Myers then goes on to quote Scoggins' testimony, as above (p119).

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the scene" (
    v3p337).

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for questioning (as

Fortunately, there's a decider. "According to [retired FBI agent Robert M. Barrett], upon his arrival in Oak Cliff he parked across from Scoggins' cab near 10th & Patton..." (With Malice p288) At what time did Barrett arrive at 10th & Patton? Myers

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the idea that
    the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Did Myers inadvertently forget his own interview with Barrett, or simply not realize the implications of Barrett's arrival time? Or did he lie to cover up the implication that Scoggins was suspected of being the shooter? A phrase in Croy's testimony
    suggests that he was, at first, in fact, suspected: "There was a report that a cabdriver had picked up Tippit's gun and had left, presumably. They don't know whether he was the one that had shot Tippit..." (p202)

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My best
    guess is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.
    Why are you trying to determine Scoggins exact movements for, he wasn`t a suspect.

The standard CT ploy. Find any little inconsistency and attribute it to a conspiracy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 14:20:30 2023

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the scene" (
    v3p337).

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My best guess
    is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.

Why are you trying to determine Scoggins exact movements for, he wasn`t a suspect.

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Jul 25 14:40:51 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:36:48 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

Case in point: Cab driver WW Scoggins testified, "I went back and got on my radio and contacted my supervisor. And they wanted me to come into the office and make a statement. And so I did, [for] the cab company... [The police] talked with
    everybody else" (v3p332), at the Tippit scene, but not with him, apparently. Author Dale Myers corrects Officer Kenneth Croy when the latter testified, "Several officers came up and I turned the cab driver over to them and they questioned him." Myers: "
    Croy may have confused Ted Callaway with William Scoggins". Myers then goes on to quote Scoggins' testimony, as above (p119).

v3p337).

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for questioning (
    as Croy testifies) and then leave his cab there and get into a police car?

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the idea
    that the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Did Myers inadvertently forget his own interview with Barrett, or simply not realize the implications of Barrett's arrival time? Or did he lie to cover up the implication that Scoggins was suspected of being the shooter? A phrase in Croy's
    testimony suggests that he was, at first, in fact, suspected: "There was a report that a cabdriver had picked up Tippit's gun and had left, presumably. They don't know whether he was the one that had shot Tippit..." (p202)

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My best
    guess is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.

The standard CT ploy. Find any little inconsistency and attribute it to a conspiracy.

Conspiracy of the gaps.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 14:44:03 2023

v3p337).

dcw

My problem with this is that Scoggins doesn't clearly say what he did. It could mean he and his cab just came back with Callaway, and he left his cab there, at the Tippit scene. Croy said Callaway was questioned, but he doesn't say he was taken downtown
    for a statement. Myers gets into the weeds like this? It's too undefined to know precisely what happened. That's probably why Myers had to make up shit about a private detective.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 14:53:49 2023
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:36:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

As Huckster says:

Curiously, you posted no evidence. no citations, no documents, no
    testimony, no exhibits, no witness videos.

Only comments. We gain nothing from the above.

Which makes who exactly the fool?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Jul 25 15:01:59 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:53:53 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:36:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

As Huckster says:

Only comments.

Context with which to view Don`s comments.

We gain nothing from the above.

Sadly you don`t.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:03:38 2023

Because he was a witness and it all goes to credibility, idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Jul 25 15:05:43 2023

There shouldn't be inconsistencies. Period. That's the whole point.
    And Don didn't say anything about conspiracy, the word doesn't even appear in his post.

SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Tue Jul 25 15:14:23 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 2:36:48 PM UTC-7, John Corbett wrote:

Case in point: Cab driver WW Scoggins testified, "I went back and got on my radio and contacted my supervisor. And they wanted me to come into the office and make a statement. And so I did, [for] the cab company... [The police] talked with
    everybody else" (v3p332), at the Tippit scene, but not with him, apparently. Author Dale Myers corrects Officer Kenneth Croy when the latter testified, "Several officers came up and I turned the cab driver over to them and they questioned him." Myers: "
    Croy may have confused Ted Callaway with William Scoggins". Myers then goes on to quote Scoggins' testimony, as above (p119).

v3p337).

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for questioning (

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the idea
    that the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Did Myers inadvertently forget his own interview with Barrett, or simply not realize the implications of Barrett's arrival time? Or did he lie to cover up the implication that Scoggins was suspected of being the shooter? A phrase in Croy's
    testimony suggests that he was, at first, in fact, suspected: "There was a report that a cabdriver had picked up Tippit's gun and had left, presumably. They don't know whether he was the one that had shot Tippit..." (p202)

Alternate versions of a witness story, BY a witness--that's a "little inconsistency"? Thank God, LNs have no curiosity or they might get somewhere....

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:12:33 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 2:20:32 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:

v3p337).

At first, he was. See above re Croy's testimony to that effect.

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 15:20:24 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 2:44:04 PM UTC-7, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:

v3p337).

dcw
    My problem with this is that Scoggins doesn't clearly say what he did. It could mean he and his cab just came back with Callaway, and he left his cab there, at the Tippit scene.

No, he testified that he came back, then left the scene again, with the cops.

Croy said Callaway was questioned

No, he testified that he turned Scoggins, not Callaway, over for questioning. I know, Croy can be confusing, but occasionally he's pretty lucid. (Every third statement.)

dcw

, but he doesn't say he was taken downtown for a statement. Myers gets into the weeds like this? It's too undefined to know precisely what happened. That's probably why Myers had to make up shit about a private detective.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:15:15 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 2:40:52 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:

v3p337).

Fortunately, there's a decider. "According to [retired FBI agent Robert M. Barrett], upon his arrival in Oak Cliff he parked across from Scoggins' cab near 10th & Patton..." (With Malice p288) At what time did Barrett arrive at 10th & Patton?
    Myers pegs the time as 1:42 (p386) and even offers a frame grab of that scene (p152).

Conspiracy of the gaps.

There's no gap--in fact, Scoggins fills in his story with TWO possibilities.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Jul 25 15:21:37 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 2:53:53 PM UTC-7, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:36:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett

As Huckster says:

How unfair--you turn Hank loose on John!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Jul 25 15:21:38 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:03:40 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

How does it speak to his credibility if you can`t exactly account for his movements long after the murderer he saw left the scene?

You guys have been looking at the wrong things incorrectly for so long you think it is the proper way to look at things.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Jul 25 15:22:31 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:05:45 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

There shouldn't be inconsistencies. Period.

You just proved yourself to be an idiot with that statement.

That's the whole point.
    And Don didn't say anything about conspiracy, the word doesn't even appear in his post.

SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:22:45 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:02:01 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:36:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

As Huckster says:

Curiously, you posted no evidence. no citations, no documents, no testimony, no exhibits, no witness videos.

Only comments.

Haphazard context...

Sadly you don`t.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 15:24:52 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:12:34 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

v3p337).

Non sequitur. I`m asking you why you are doing what you are doing.

Let me put it this way, if I was looking at this murder, or any other murder like it, what would be the compelling reason for me to track the movements of witnesses after the murderer has left the scene?

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Jul 25 15:23:48 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:03:40 PM UTC-7, Gil Jesus wrote:

He was a witness and, at first, a suspect.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Jul 25 15:26:28 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:03:40 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Oh, I got it. You need an excuse to dismiss Scoggins as a witness and this little inconsistency
    does it for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 15:25:11 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:44:04 PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:

v3p337).

dcw
    My problem with this is that Scoggins doesn't clearly say what he did.

Why do you care?

It could mean he and his cab just came back with Callaway, and he left his cab there, at the Tippit scene. Croy said Callaway was questioned, but he doesn't say he was taken downtown for a statement. Myers gets into the weeds like this? It's too
    undefined to know precisely what happened. That's probably why Myers had to make up shit about a private detective.

If all this has you confused, just do what you always do. Assume it is proof of a conspiracy even
    if you can't say how.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 15:26:51 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:15:17 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the scene"
    (v3p337).

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for
    questioning (as Croy testifies) and then leave his cab there and get into a police car?

Fortunately, there's a decider. "According to [retired FBI agent Robert M. Barrett], upon his arrival in Oak Cliff he parked across from Scoggins' cab near 10th & Patton..." (With Malice p288) At what time did Barrett arrive at 10th & Patton?
    Myers pegs the time as 1:42 (p386) and even offers a frame grab of that scene (p152).

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the
    idea that the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My
    best guess is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.

Conspiracy of the gaps.

Ok, no gaps. All good then, right?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 15:28:51 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:22:47 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:02:01 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:36:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

As Huckster says:

Curiously, you posted no evidence. no citations, no documents, no testimony, no exhibits, no witness videos.

Only comments.
    Haphazard context...

Don`t see how "haphazard" applies.

Sadly you don`t.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Tue Jul 25 15:31:17 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:05:45 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

It's a rather silly point. Do you think people remember things perfectly. Do you think they are
    going to tell exactly the same story every time they tell it. People can forget things from one
    telling to another and remember things from one telling to another. People can get the order
    of events mixed up from one telling to another. People do not have perfect memory banks
    and in stressful situations, like the murder of a cop, they are going to be more prone to making
    minor mistakes.

The name of this newsgroup is alt.conspiracy.jfk. If Don wasn't trying to imply this was
    evidence of a conspiracy, why would he bother to bring it up?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:30:28 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:24:54 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:

v3p337).

Let me put it this way, if I was looking at this murder, or any other murder like it, what would be the compelling reason for me to track the movements of witnesses after the murderer has left the scene?

a) This witness was, at first, a suspect.
    b) Scoggins gave conflicting accounts of his movements afterwards. Why? One account puts him with the police, midday Friday, in plenty of time to prepare for attending a lineup. Again, why? Why didn't he go to a lineup on Friday?

dcw

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From donald willis@21:1/5 to Bud on Tue Jul 25 15:32:09 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:26:52 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:15:17 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the
    scene" (v3p337).

So, Scoggins offers TWO versions of what he did when he returned to the scene with Callaway. Which one to believe? Did Scoggins leave the scene just after returning? Myers pegs the return time as 1:23. Or did he stay at the scene for
    questioning (as Croy testifies) and then leave his cab there and get into a police car?

So, Barrett's 1:42 observation of Scoggins' cab indicates that Scoggins did NOT leave the scene about 1:23, but some time AFTER 1:42. And yet Myers ignores both Croy and Barrett (the latter, in his, Myers', own interview!) and dismisses the
    idea that the wallet examined by police at the scene could have belonged to either Scoggins or Callaway (p303).

Certainly, the perspicacious Myers got further than page 332 in Scoggins' testimony and knew that the latter had an alternate version of his return with Callaway to the scene. Why did Myers ignore Barrett, Croy, and (sometimes) Scoggins? My
    best guess is that Myers did not want it known that Scoggins was with the police as early as 1:30 on Friday, and yet did not attend any of the three lineups later that day, for reasons Myers did not even want to speculate about.

Conspiracy of the gaps.
    Ok, no gaps. All good then, right?

If it helps you to sleep peacefully at night.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to donald willis on Tue Jul 25 15:43:04 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:30:30 PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 3:24:54 PM UTC-7, Bud wrote:

A later section of Scoggins' testimony Myers does not even touch: "After I had got in the car and toured the neighborhood and then the policemen came along, and then I left my cab setting down there and got in a car with them and left the scene"
    (v3p337).

a) This witness was, at first, a suspect.

But we know him to be a witness. So what is the compelling reason to track his movements?

b) Scoggins gave conflicting accounts of his movements afterwards.

What is the compelling reason to track a witnesses movements after the murderer has left the scene?

Why? One account puts him with the police, midday Friday, in plenty of time to prepare for attending a lineup. Again, why? Why didn't he go to a lineup on Friday?

dcw

dcw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 16:45:26 2023
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:26:28 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:03:40?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:20:32?PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

Oh, I got it. You need an excuse to dismiss Scoggins as a witness and this little inconsistency
    does it for you.

Coming from the moron who DISMISSES EVERY SINGLE WITNESS IN THIS CASE,
    it seems just a tad hypocritical.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 16:43:46 2023
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:31:17 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:05:45?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:36:48?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

It's a rather silly point.

Deleted the rest of your logical fallacy.

The point Gil was making is that this ENTIRE case is chock full of inconsistencies.

And you simply don't find that in the typical crime.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 16:47:49 2023
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:25:11 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:44:04?PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:06:09?PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

v3p337).

pegs the time as 1:42 (p386) and even offers a frame grab of that scene (p152). >>>

dcw

Why do you care?

Because, unlike you, most people care about the truth.

It could mean he and his cab just came back with Callaway, and he left his cab there, at the Tippit scene. Croy said Callaway was questioned, but he doesn't say he was taken downtown for a statement. Myers gets into the weeds like this? It's too
    undefined to know precisely what happened. That's probably why Myers had to make up shit about a private detective.

If all this has you confused...

Said the sad, confused moron...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Jul 25 17:11:45 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 7:47:53 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:25:11 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:44:04?PM UTC-4, Sky Throne 19efppp wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:06:09?PM UTC-4, donald willis wrote:

I'd rephrase that: Why do LNs think they can convince people with lies? >>>

v3p337).

dcw

Why do you care?
    Because, unlike you, most people care about the truth.

Why would anyone think this is the correct way of getting at it?

Why would anyone think that a witness` movements long after the murderer left the scene would give insight into the murder?

If all this has you confused...

Said the sad, confused moron...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Tue Jul 25 17:06:28 2023
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 7:43:50 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 15:31:17 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett

On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 6:05:45?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:36:48?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

It's a rather silly point.
    Deleted the rest of your logical fallacy.

The point Gil was making is that this ENTIRE case is chock full of inconsistencies.

It isn`t significant that hobbyists have spent their lives collecting these inconsistencies.

Tom Rossley died with a whole collection. It is like a stamp collecting hobby.

And you simply don't find that in the typical crime.

Actually what you don`t find in the typical crime is this sort of effort to collect these sorts of things. Doesn`t mean they aren`t there.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:40:51 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

Conspiracy of the gaps.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05