• For what it's worth, the AI answer to whether Oswald killed JFK

From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 22 15:53:45 2023
    My bing browser now has an AI feature that answers questions put to it. I
    asked it the following question:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

"Yes, Oswald killed JFK. He shot and killed Kennedy on November 22, 1963, from a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book Depository as Kennedy traveled by motorcade through Dealey Plaza in Dallas1. Oswald was charged with the assassination of Kennedy,
    but he denied responsibility for the killing, claiming that he was a "patsy"1. Despite forensic, ballistic, and eyewitness evidence supporting the official findings, public opinion polls have shown that most Americans still do not believe that the
    official version tells the whole truth of the events12 , and the assassination spawned numerous conspiracy theories.

I hope this helps!"

What we can conclude from this is AI is smarter than the conspiracy hobbyists.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sat Jul 22 16:14:04 2023
    On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 6:53:47 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    My bing browser now has an AI feature that answers questions put to it. I asked it the following question:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

"Yes, Oswald killed JFK. He shot and killed Kennedy on November 22, 1963, from a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book Depository as Kennedy traveled by motorcade through Dealey Plaza in Dallas1. Oswald was charged with the assassination of
    Kennedy, but he denied responsibility for the killing, claiming that he was a "patsy"1. Despite forensic, ballistic, and eyewitness evidence supporting the official findings, public opinion polls have shown that most Americans still do not believe that
    the official version tells the whole truth of the events12 , and the assassination spawned numerous conspiracy theories.

I hope this helps!"

I came to own a turtle, through no fault of my own. I was feeding him some worms today, and like every time previous I dropped them on his head, but he continued to look up, despite them squirming around at his feed. I said to him "You probably think
    Oswald was innocent.", which I thought was a killer put-down.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Sat Jul 22 16:27:09 2023
    On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 7:14:06 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    My bing browser now has an AI feature that answers questions put to it. I asked it the following question:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

"Yes, Oswald killed JFK. He shot and killed Kennedy on November 22, 1963, from a sixth-floor window of the Texas School Book Depository as Kennedy traveled by motorcade through Dealey Plaza in Dallas1. Oswald was charged with the assassination of
    Kennedy, but he denied responsibility for the killing, claiming that he was a "patsy"1. Despite forensic, ballistic, and eyewitness evidence supporting the official findings, public opinion polls have shown that most Americans still do not believe that
    the official version tells the whole truth of the events12 , and the assassination spawned numerous conspiracy theories.

I hope this helps!"

I came to own a turtle, through no fault of my own. I was feeding him some worms today, and like every time previous I dropped them on his head, but he continued to look up, despite them squirming around at his feed. I said to him "You probably think

Getting back to our theological discussion, there was a conspiracy hobbyist who died and went
    to heaven. He was greeted at the Pearly Gates by St. Peter. He asked St. Peter if he could ask God one question. St. Peter said, "Sure. No problem. I'll take you to the Big Guy myself. St. Peter
    introduced the new arrival to God who promptly asked God, "Who killed JFK?". God answered
    immediately, "It was Lee Harvey Oswald.". Astonished, the conspiracy hobbyist turned to St.
    Peter and said, "It goes higher up than I ever imagined.".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sun Jul 23 02:05:58 2023

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

There's a reason why they call it "artificial" intelligence.
    The fact that you believe whatever it says is no surprise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Jul 23 03:14:27 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 5:05:59 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

Artificial intelligence has come a long way and has passed human intelligence in many ways.
    When Bobby Fischer was beating Boris Spassky in chess back in 1972, the Soviet news
    agencies suggested he was being helped by a computer. Even the Soviet chess federation
    chuckled at that one because at the time, computers played a very low level of chess. A good
    amateur could beat the most sophisticated computer program. Fast forward to 1997 and IBM's
    Deep Blue supercomputer defeated reigning world champion Garry Kasparov 4-2. In 2011, IBM's
    supercomputer Watson defeat the two most accomplished Jeopardy players at that time, Ken
    Jennings and Brad Rutter in a three day match. AI has improved exponentially since then. AI
    is certainly better than no intelligence at all.

However, the reason I believe Oswald acted alone is not because of what a supercomputer says
    but because of what the evidence says. The evidence screams Oswald did it. Those who choose
    not to hear that are willfully deaf and dumb with the emphasis on dumb.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Jul 24 07:34:21 2023
    On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 15:53:45 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

My bing browser now has an AI feature that answers questions put to it. I >asked it the following question:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

Google Bard gave a more accurate and nuanced answer to the same
    question:

Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested and charged with the assassination of
    President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963. He was shot and killed
    by Jack Ruby two days later, before he could stand trial.

The Warren Commission concluded that Oswald was the lone gunman
    responsible for the assassination, but some people believe that he was
    part of a conspiracy. There is no consensus on who else may have been
    involved, or what their motives were.

The question of whether Oswald killed JFK is a complex one, with no
    easy answers. The available evidence is inconclusive, and there are
    many different theories about what happened. It is likely that the
    truth will never be known for sure.

In response to the safety guidelines, I will not reveal any private
    information about individuals, and I will not promote violence,
    hatred, or discrimination. I will also not be sexually suggestive in
    nature. My response will be creative, but it will not violate any of
    the safety guidelines.

I hope this response is helpful and informative.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Mon Jul 24 07:34:23 2023
    On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 02:05:58 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 6:53:47?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

Of course, you can simply ask AI - here's what it said:

AI is likely to be wrong about things that are:

New or rare. AI models are trained on large datasets of data,
    but they can only learn from what they have seen before. If something
    is new or rare, the AI model may not be able to accurately predict or understand it.
    Complex or nuanced. AI models are good at making predictions
    based on simple rules, but they can struggle with complex or nuanced
    problems. For example, an AI model might be able to predict whether a
    patient is likely to have cancer based on their medical history, but
    it might not be able to understand the nuances of the patient's
    condition or the best course of treatment.
    Subjective or ambiguous. AI models are good at dealing with
    objective data, but they can struggle with subjective or ambiguous
    data. For example, an AI model might be able to predict the outcome of
    a sporting event based on the past performance of the teams, but it
    might not be able to predict the outcome of a political election,
    which is influenced by a variety of factors.
    Biased. AI models are trained on data that is collected by
    humans, and this data can be biased. If the data is biased, the AI
    model will be biased as well. For example, if an AI model is trained
    on data that only includes white men, the model will be more likely to
    make predictions that are biased towards white men.

It is important to be aware of the limitations of AI models so that we
    can use them effectively. We should not rely on AI models to make
    decisions that are critical or important, and we should always be
    prepared to question the results of AI models.

As Gil points out, it's truly only morons who *believe* in AI. AI is
    only a tool, like any other tool, if you don't know how to use it,
    you'll be misled. I've been using AI for a few months, but I know it
    for what it is - simply a tool to get things done faster. It has
    distinct biases that you need to understand and compensate for.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Jul 24 09:24:34 2023
    On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 6:27:11 PM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:
    On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 7:14:06 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

Getting back to our theological discussion, there was a conspiracy hobbyist who died and went
    to heaven. He was greeted at the Pearly Gates by St. Peter. He asked St. Peter if he could ask God one question. St. Peter said, "Sure. No problem. I'll take you to the Big Guy myself. St. Peter
    introduced the new arrival to God who promptly asked God, "Who killed JFK?". God answered
    immediately, "It was Lee Harvey Oswald.". Astonished, the conspiracy hobbyist turned to St.
    Peter and said, "It goes higher up than I ever imagined.".

An oldie but a goodie.

I heard one I told at aaj.

A conspiracist gets his wings and floats to Heaven and is ushered through the Pearly Gates to God by St. Peter. "God," says the conspiracist, "I have but one question on my mind that has bothered me for decades. It brought strife to my Earthly life,
    strained friendships, and even caused difficulties in my marriage. I spent countless hours at night alone, pondering this question, misunderstood by others. I was never able to find the answers for this question in life. Would you grant me the honor of
    answering this question before I take my place at your side for eternity in your Heavenly Kingdom?" "Child," God says, smiling benevolently and gently patting his head, "You have been a faithful believer in life. A humble servant. May you suffer no more.
    What is your question, my creation?" The conspiracist blurts, "Who killed John F. Kennedy?" God settles back in his arched throne and reaches for his staff, stroking his white beard. "You know, " God says, "I have a few theories about that..."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Greg Parker@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Jul 24 17:43:01 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:53:47 AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

No. What we can conclude is that there is no "intelligence" in AI. It is a computer program synthethizing official history without any critical thought or functioning, and spitting out the answer in a manner programmed to resemble the way in which a
    human might. If that is, said human was without critical thinking functionality.

You guys are all the same. You cajole and eveigle to have the circumstantial case laid out on a table and viewed "holistically", instead of critically, piece by piece. This of course, will always lead to an "Oswald guilty" verdict - which is the very
    reason you insist upon it.

Why is that holistic approach is bullshit in this particular case? We are dealing with a police force now infamous for the sheer volume of innocent people it put away. But just as importantly, there are rules in court around evidence based on centuries
    of experience. None of the evidence was ever examined by a court - yet we know there are numerous issues with the handling of it . We also know there are numerous issues with changes in witness stories - with said changes never questioned under cross-
    examination.

The Lone nut holistic approach is simply designed to maintain the status quo and they are shit scared of any calls for an honest investigation. They know the case they lay out on the table will quickly fall apart. Officially.

And do I need to spell out what the AI result will be when the case is officially upended?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Greg Parker on Mon Jul 24 19:51:27 2023
    On Monday, July 24, 2023 at 8:43:03 PM UTC-4, Greg Parker wrote:
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:53:47 AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

No. What we can conclude is that there is no "intelligence" in AI. It is a computer program synthethizing official history without any critical thought or functioning, and spitting out the answer in a manner programmed to resemble the way in which a
    human might. If that is, said human was without critical thinking functionality.

You guys are all the same. You cajole and eveigle to have the circumstantial case laid out on a table and viewed "holistically", instead of critically, piece by piece. This of course, will always lead to an "Oswald guilty" verdict - which is the very

If by "piece by piece" you mean the conspiracy hobbyist standard practice of looking at each
    piece of evidence in isolation from all the rest, we know why you guys do that. No one piece of
    evidence by itself can prove conclusively that Oswald was the assassin. Taken as a whole, there
    can be no doubt he was the assassin. The case against Oswald is greater than the sum of its
    parts. It's like a jig saw puzzle. If you look at one piece of the puzzle, it isn't clear what the picture
    will look like. When you assemble the pieces the only way they can be put together, the picture
    becomes perfectly clear. The pieces of evidence in this case only go together one way. The
    only picture they present when looked at as a whole is that Oswald was the assassin.

Why is that holistic approach is bullshit in this particular case? We are dealing with a police force now infamous for the sheer volume of innocent people it put away. But just as importantly, there are rules in court around evidence based on centuries
    of experience. None of the evidence was ever examined by a court - yet we know there are numerous issues with the handling of it . We also know there are numerous issues with changes in witness stories - with said changes never questioned under cross-
    examination.

The Lone nut holistic approach is simply designed to maintain the status quo and they are shit scared of any calls for an honest investigation. They know the case they lay out on the table will quickly fall apart. Officially.

Every investigation has concluded Oswald was the assassin. If there was another, it would
    reach the same conclusion and you assclowns still wouldn't accept it.

And do I need to spell out what the AI result will be when the case is officially upended?

You will not live to see that happen. Neither will anybody else.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Tue Jul 25 06:59:05 2023
    On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:51:27 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, July 24, 2023 at 8:43:03?PM UTC-4, Greg Parker wrote:
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:53:47?AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:
    My bing browser now has an AI feature that answers questions put to it. I >> > asked it the following question:

"Did Oswald kill JFK?"

This was its response:

I hope this helps!"

If by "piece by piece" you mean the conspiracy hobbyist standard practice of looking at each
    piece of evidence in isolation from all the rest, we know why you guys do that. No one piece of
    evidence by itself can prove conclusively that Oswald was the assassin. Taken as a whole, there
    can be no doubt he was the assassin. The case against Oswald is greater than the sum of its
    parts. It's like a jig saw puzzle. If you look at one piece of the puzzle, it isn't clear what the picture
    will look like. When you assemble the pieces the only way they can be put together, the picture
    becomes perfectly clear. The pieces of evidence in this case only go together one way. The
    only picture they present when looked at as a whole is that Oswald was the assassin.

And with this EXACT SAME METHOD, we can prove that *YOU* are Jack The
    Ripper.

Why is that holistic approach is bullshit in this particular case? We are dealing with a police force now infamous for the sheer volume of innocent people it put away. But just as importantly, there are rules in court around evidence based on
    centuries of experience. None of the evidence was ever examined by a court - yet we know there are numerous issues with the handling of it . We also know there are numerous issues with changes in witness stories - with said changes never questioned under
    cross-examination.

Every investigation has concluded Oswald was the assassin.

You mean "Every GOVERNMENTAL investigation..." Do try to be honest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Greg Parker on Wed Jul 26 03:00:07 2023

Like a lone nutter.

examination.

Absolutely correct. Much of the evidence in this case, including anything Marina Oswald said, would have never been permitted in court.
    This case could not have been allowed the scrutiny of a public trial so the cops allowed their pal Ruby to kill him.

Corbett's belief that AI is some kind of all-knowing technical God is ridiculous.
    AI only knows what it's programmed to know. If you or I programmed it, it would find that there was enough doubt of Oswald's guilt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Wed Jul 26 03:11:37 2023
    On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 6:00:09 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    Like a lone nutter.

Why is that holistic approach is bullshit in this particular case? We are dealing with a police force now infamous for the sheer volume of innocent people it put away. But just as importantly, there are rules in court around evidence based on
    centuries of experience. None of the evidence was ever examined by a court - yet we know there are numerous issues with the handling of it . We also know there are numerous issues with changes in witness stories - with said changes never questioned under
    cross-examination.
    Absolutely correct. Much of the evidence in this case, including anything Marina Oswald said, would have never been permitted in court.

Why does that matter now?

This case could not have been allowed the scrutiny of a public trial so the cops allowed their pal Ruby to kill him.

Your evidence the cops deliberately allowed Ruby to kill Oswald is....................?

Corbett's belief that AI is some kind of all-knowing technical God is ridiculous.

AI only knows what it's programmed to know. If you or I programmed it, it would find that there was enough doubt of Oswald's guilt.

What AI does is search reference material at warp speed. I posted it because it reflects the
    consensus among historical references that Oswald is the assassin. You're never going to
    change that, Gil, which means you are wasting your time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Jul 26 07:07:21 2023
    On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 03:11:37 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 6:00:09?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Monday, July 24, 2023 at 8:43:03?PM UTC-4, Greg Parker wrote:
    Like a lone nutter.

cross-examination.

Why does that matter now?

It matters because it proves your bias... it shows that you cannot
    acknowledge facts commonly known by most people.

Your evidence the cops deliberately allowed Ruby to kill Oswald is....................?

The fact that he was in a position to do so.

What AI does is search reference material at warp speed. I posted it because it reflects the
    consensus among historical references that Oswald is the assassin. You're never going to
    change that, Gil, which means you are wasting your time.

And my AI quote contradicted yours. Moron, aren't you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05