• Who are these lurkers the CTs keep referring to?

From John Corbett@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 11:26:56 2023
    Every so often I see one of the CTs addressing "lurkers". It's as if they believe
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff. It think by pretending there is such an audience, they think it gives importance to
    their fingerpainting hobby. Without bothering to count, I'd estimate there
    are no more than two dozen regular contributors to these discussions. It
    would be rather silly to imagine that any of us are having an impact on
    public opinion with such a small group of people reading this nonsense.
    By imagining their words extend far beyond the few contributors here, they think they are doing something worthwhile. Long ago I gave up any notion
    that anything I say in these forums amounts to a hill of beans when it
    comes to moving the needle of public opinion. I recognize this as nothing
    more than a silly hobby of mostly old men arguing about a double murder
    case the DPD solved almost 60 years ago.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Jul 19 11:46:00 2023
    On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 11:26:56 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

Every so often I see one of the CTs addressing "lurkers".

Corbutt's DESPERATE to respond to me, but he dares not...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Jul 20 08:56:10 2023
    On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 2:26:58 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    Every so often I see one of the CTs addressing "lurkers". It's as if they believe
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff.

Since Corbett has never appeared on a show to discuss his views of the assassination
    and since he's never received congratulatory e-mails from people who listen to those shows, I can
    see why he thinks there's only 6 people in the whole world who are interested in this case.
    At least, according to his very narrow vision and knowledge.
    And of course, you NEVER see a new poster post here.
    This guy just posts one stupid thing after the next.
    SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Jul 20 09:37:56 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:56:12 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff.
    Since Corbett has never appeared on a show to discuss his views of the assassination

But I have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0bFLYCYIwI

and since he's never received congratulatory e-mails from people who listen to those shows, I can

Why would I expect congratulatory emails from people who listened to the show when I never
    gave out my email on the show?

see why he thinks there's only 6 people in the whole world who are interested in this case.

The question isn't how many people in the world are still interested. The question is whether
    there is anybody who follows the nonsense on this forum without ever contributing. Why would
    you think there are?

If I was looking for information on the assassination, I can think of a lot better sources than
    this one. There's a reason it is called "the nuthouse".

You offer no evidence that there are lurkers who are paying attention to these exchanges. You
    just assume there are.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Thu Jul 20 10:32:39 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 09:37:56 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

You offer no evidence that there are lurkers who are paying attention to these exchanges. You
    just assume there are.

I can understand why you'd be terrified of looking stupid in front of
    a larger crowd.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BT George@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Jul 20 12:42:27 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:32:43 PM UTC-5, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 09:37:56 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett
    <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

just assume there are.
    a larger crowd.

Queue it! It's mirror time!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to gjjmail1202@gmail.com on Thu Jul 20 13:45:36 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:33:03 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjmail1202@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:38:00?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    just assume there are.

When it comes to offering evidence of ANYTHING, I'm way the fuck ahead of you.

This, of course, tells the tale.

Critics keep posting evidence...

Believers keep posting ad hominem...

Who ya gonna believe?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Jul 20 13:33:03 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:38:00 PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    just assume there are.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Jul 20 13:48:42 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:45:40 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:33:03 -0700 (PDT), Gil Jesus
    <gjjma...@gmail.com> wrote:
    just assume there are.

They needn`t bother, most of it is available online.

Who ya gonna believe?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Thu Jul 20 13:49:57 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 1:32:43 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

just assume there are.
    a larger crowd.

Larger than what, a Monkees reunion?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From recipient.x@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Jul 20 16:13:57 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:56:12 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

and since he's never received congratulatory e-mails from people who listen to those shows...

This statement reveals more about Gil that he
    might want to admit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Thu Jul 20 18:11:46 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:38:00 AM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:56:12 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    But I have.

Why would I expect congratulatory emails from people who listened to the show when I never
    The question isn't how many people in the world are still interested. The question is whether
    there is anybody who follows the nonsense on this forum without ever contributing. Why would
    you think there are?

If I was looking for information on the assassination, I can think of a lot better sources than

just assume there are.

David Healy was famous at this board for his maudlin and seemingly annual, "It's been nice knowing everyone, but this is my final post" soliloquys where he would "thank" the "research community" for allowing him to present his "published work" at this
    board...as if he was part of some esteemed group of educated sleuths actually publishing something important (at a Google Groups discussion board no less!) with historical ramifications.

Delusional.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Jul 20 17:40:22 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:33:05 PM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    just assume there are.

Gil has conclusive, rock-solid, unimpeachable proof that on 11/22/63, some people did something.

Ben will conduct a poll and prove it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Thu Jul 20 18:38:17 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:33:05 PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    just assume there are.

You don't offer evidence, Gil. You dismiss evidence. Your whole game is about rejecting the
    WCR without offering anything in its place. It's what you all do. It's why you'll all be dismissed
    10 minutes after you go tits up. Nothing you do is going to matter.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Bud on Thu Jul 20 18:39:17 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:49:59 PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 1:32:43 PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 09:37:56 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowri...@gmail.com> wrote:

just assume there are.
    a larger crowd.

Oh, now that was cold. Funny, but cold.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Fri Jul 21 03:06:06 2023

Who ya gonna believe?

In Internet culture, a lurker is typically a member of an online community who observes, but does not participate.
    In typical Corbett fashion, he wants you to prove a negative, that there are people out there who don't participate.
    Just because he doesn't see something, he doesn't believe it exists. He doesn't see lurkers, so they don't exist.
    I wonder if he believes in God.

Not only does he not believe what he can't see, he doesn't even believe what he CAN see.
    Even when he's shown evidence, official documents and testimony that casts doubt on Oswald's guilt, he still doesn't believe it.
    How do you deal with people like that ?

How do deal with people who are not reasonable ?

How do you have a civil debate with people who post:

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

How do you deal with people who have been so thoroughly brainwashed, that they don't even know they've been brainwashed ?
    People who can't think for themselves ?
    People too lazy to do research on their own ?

People who suffer from the defense mechanism known as denial ? https://www.verywellmind.com/denial-as-a-defense-mechanism-5114461

Liars who say that nobody cares about this case, then validate their existence by spending
    all of their free time here commenting on the very case they no longer care about ?

People who prefer to take the lazy way out and fall back on what they're told. How are they different than those people who today believe everything they see and hear on CNN ?

People who believed in "Russia Russia Russia".
    People who believed that the coronavirus didn't come from the Wuhan coronavirus lab, but from a "wet market" instead.
    People who believed Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.
    People who allowed authorities to inject them with an experimental "vaccine", not knowing its long term side effects.

Are these people insane ? No, they're every bit sheeple. They believe everything they're told.

A person can gain NO KNOWLEDGE from their posts.
    They certainly are piss-poor examples to hold up the Lone Nut end of the debate.
    In fact, they don't debate. Their only posts are comments, speculation, opinion and insults.
    .johnny must be rolling over in his grave.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Jul 21 03:40:46 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 6:06:08 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

Who ya gonna believe?
    In Internet culture, a lurker is typically a member of an online community who observes, but does not participate.
    In typical Corbett fashion, he wants you to prove a negative, that there are people out there who don't participate.
    Just because he doesn't see something, he doesn't believe it exists. He doesn't see lurkers, so they don't exist.

I am agnostic.

Not only does he not believe what he can't see, he doesn't even believe what he CAN see.
    Even when he's shown evidence, official documents and testimony that casts doubt on Oswald's guilt, he still doesn't believe it.

Nothing you have ever shown is any reason to doubt Oswald killed two men.

Your silly excuses for dismissing evidence of Oswald's guilt aren't working.

I simply point out how silly your ideas are. I have no illusions that I can make you understand.

You're asking Holmes that question? That's funny,

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

How do you deal with people who have been so thoroughly brainwashed, that they don't even know they've been brainwashed ?

An excellent question. I've never found the answer in dealing with conspiracy hobbyists for over
    three decades.

And instead let people like James Fetzer, Jim Marrs, Robert Groden, Oliver Stone, etc. do their
    thinking for them.

Once you know the answer, you don't need to continue researching. I figured out a long time
    ago who killed JFK. You're still groping.

People who suffer from the defense mechanism known as denial ? https://www.verywellmind.com/denial-as-a-defense-mechanism-5114461

You deny the obvious. Oswald murdered two men.

Liars who say that nobody cares about this case, then validate their existence by spending
    all of their free time here commenting on the very case they no longer care about ?

Nobody said nobody. This is a niche hobby. 99% of the American people don't give this subject
    a thought during a typical day. It doesn't come up in normal conversation. It's in most people's
    rearview mirrors.

People who prefer to take the lazy way out and fall back on what they're told.

Once you determine that what you've been told is correct, that is the sensible approach.

How are they different than those people who today believe everything they see and hear on CNN ?

For one, I almost never watch CNN.

People who believed that the coronavirus didn't come from the Wuhan coronavirus lab, but from a "wet market" instead.
    People who allowed authorities to inject them with an experimental "vaccine", not knowing its long term side effects.

Why do you bring up things that are irrelevant to the JFK discussion?

Are these people insane ? No, they're every bit sheeple. They believe everything they're told.

You've been told for years by the conspiracy authors and Oliver Stone that Oswald was framed
    and you believe it. I don't believe their nonsense or yours. Who's the gullible one?

You can lead a horse to water...

They certainly are piss-poor examples to hold up the Lone Nut end of the debate.

The WCR doesn't need to be held up. It stands on its own merits.

In fact, they don't debate. Their only posts are comments, speculation, opinion and insults.

You post silly assertions and we point out why the are silly. This is a source of frustration for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sky Throne 19efppp@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Jul 21 04:44:10 2023

Who ya gonna believe?

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

How are they different than those people who today believe everything they see and hear on CNN ?

Corbett's god is Gilligan's Island, when it's not Don Rickles or Donalds Trump. He believes only in subnatural critters.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 06:48:07 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 18:39:17 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:49:59?PM UTC-4, Bud wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 1:32:43?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

just assume there are.
    a larger crowd.

Oh, now that was cold. Funny, but cold.

Lurkers will note that both Chickenshit and Corbutt offered logical
    fallacies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 06:58:57 2023
    On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 03:40:46 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 6:06:08?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:45:40?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

Who ya gonna believe?

I am agnostic.

Of course you are...

Nothing you have ever shown is any reason to doubt Oswald killed two men.

See? Corbutt AGREES with Gil!

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Once you know the answer...

Even *YOU* should be able to recognize this logical fallacy...

People who suffer from the defense mechanism known as denial ?
    https://www.verywellmind.com/denial-as-a-defense-mechanism-5114461

Logical fallacy deleted.

Nobody said nobody...

Is that your best argument?

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Why do you bring up things that are irrelevant to the JFK discussion?

If you're too stupid to recognize the analogy, then you shouldn't
    speak and let everyone know how stupid you are.

You've been told...

No. We examine the actual EVIDENCE. You know, that word that you
    can't define, and are terrified of...

You can lead a horse to water...

Indeed, we can. And this is why most of America is on our side.

The WCR doesn't need to be held up. It stands on its own merits.

Yep... as a body that INTENTIONALLY covered up any inconvenient facts,
    and INTENTIONALLY lied about their own collected evidence.

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 06:59:43 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 17:40:22 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:33:05?PM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    just assume there are.

Logical fallacies deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 07:00:46 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 18:38:17 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:33:05?PM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    just assume there are.

You don't offer evidence, Gil...

And you're a damned liar.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 07:01:26 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 18:11:46 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:38:00?AM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:56:12?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 2:26:58?PM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the >>>> exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff.
    But I have.

you think there are?

just assume there are.

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Jul 21 06:55:07 2023

Who ya gonna believe?

That the the things you bring up cast doubt on Oswald`s guilt is merely your opinion. Your opinions suck.

Make persuasive arguments.

All the people who are able to reason have determined Oswald killed Kennedy.

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

It is all available online.

What you are doing is trying a "bait and switch", you represent your *ideas* about the evidence to be the evidence. Just because you can`t make that rudimentary distinction doesn`t mean people can`t.

You`ll see leftist try this, if you express a conservative idea they say you have been brainwashed by Fox.

It is just what the person saying this is comfortable believing.

I thought Oswald guilty because they had the sorts of things you have when a person is guilty. I knew little about the Warren Commission, I just applied reason to a cursory examination of the basic facts. A few decades ago I came here to see what the
    people that contest Oswald`s guilty had. It quickly became apparent that they had nothing but a great desire to believe Oswald innocent. Nothing has changed from then until now.

You think like a child. You pick of each bit of evidence, and if you think you can construe it in some way to mean Oswald is innocent you highlight, if it implicates Oswald you throw it over your shoulder.

There is nothing for me to research, what occurred is readily apparent. The only questions I have likely wouldn`t be resolved by "research" (where Oswald hid the rifle in the TSBD, where Oswald was heading when Tippit stopped him, ect).

Deny what? That there are monsters under my bed?

This is a conspiracy forum. You need to make persuasive, plausible arguments that a conspiracy took Kennedy`s life. Your ideas fail for a variety of reasons, they are impossibly complex, require an impossible amount of coordination and don`t make any
    sense on the face of them. You offer a discombobulated mish mash of complaints rather than a cohesive package.

The default, in my mind, is that all the cops in the JFK and Tippit murders were doing their best to bring the perpetrator to justice. To your thinking something else is the default, you start at a different place than my reasoning tells me is the
    correct place to start. Let`s see you make a case that your default is more reasonable than mine.

Because it appears that your default is "anyone my ideas require to be "in on it" was in on it.

You assume one thing has to do with the other. As usual, it is your assumptions that are faulty.

I have spent countless hours looking at what you guys present (much more than your ideas deserve, BTW). This is not "head in the sand", this is "what do you have?".

Never did.

Never did.

Never did.

They did get me there, to my regret. But my decision was based more on what I was seeing.

Not even close. I followed the COVID epidemic closely, devoured everything I could get. Saw China building huge hospitals in a few days to deal with it (and they aren`t known to care much about their people). Saw in China early on them having drones
    spray disinfectant on the streets. This is science fiction shit. Saw people starting to die on cruise ships. Data wasn`t in, of course, but you could see early on this was going to be serious. Then it hit NY. A couple dozens cases, a week later tens of
    thousands. There was talk of quarantining NY.

After awhile a vaccine was available. I didn`t run out and get it, that for sure. I`ll have to check my card, see when I got jabbed, but I know I waited months. More and more *hospitals* were saying they weren`t seeing many (or even any) patients that
    had been vaccinated. That initial trial period I let other people be the guinea pigs. Of course long term effects are a different story.

Usually we are examining your ideas.

What debate are you talking about? I keep hearing about this "debate", I never see it.

We examine the ideas you present. We find them to be piss poor. We tell you this, and we tell you why. You don`t like this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21 08:09:48 2023
    On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 07:58:52 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5:06:08?AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:45:40?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

Who ya gonna believe?

The corollary...

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it
    means.

He's historically guilty.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it
    means.

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

Specific portions of the WCR and HSCA findings, etc. and Zapruder
    film and so on have all been shared at this board by Oswald Alone
    believers and conspiracists for decades.

Not a refutation...

Shifting the burden.

It's your burden.

I've researched this for decades and can only determine that some
    people did something. Do better.

You *need* to do better.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY.

Stop demanding what *YOU* can't provide.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Jul 21 07:58:52 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5:06:08 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

Who ya gonna believe?

The corollary would be that there are no lurkers out there; everyone who views this discussion board is also a participant. If so, that would make this site an even smaller, clubbier group of just eight to ten or so members at this point. We could do
    just as well sharing email addresses and communicating that way.

There are undoubtably some alt.conspiracy.jfk Google Groups "lurkers," but so what? It's the internet equivalent of motorists briefly rubber-necking at an accident they pass by on the side of the road. No one cares what is said here. If you have
    important research, you can send it here:

CONTACT US
    Address & Main Telephone
    The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
    Columbia Point
    Boston, MA 02125
    1.866.JFK.1960
    TDD line: 617.514.1573

Website Questions & Feedback
    If you have questions about our website or would like to report a bug or security issue, please use our Website Feedback Form.

Contacts by Department
    Department Phone Email
    Administration 617.514.1541
    Archives Reference, Research Room, and Reproduction (textual) kennedy.library@nara.gov
    Archives Reference, Research Room, and Reproduction (audiovisual) JFK.AVarchives@nara.gov
    Catering Services 617.514.1585
    Education & Public Programs 617.514.1581 educationjfk@nara.gov
    Ernest Hemingway Collection kennedy.library@nara.gov
    Group Tours 617.514.1589 kennedy.groupvisits@nara.gov
    JFK Library Foundation 617.514.1550 foundation@jfklfoundation.org Membership 617.514.1659 membership@jfklfoundation.org
    Museum Collection museumjfk@nara.gov
    Press and Public Information 617.514.1574 press@jfklfoundation.org
    Profile in Courage Essay Contest profiles@nara.gov
    Social Media socialmedia@jfklfoundation.org
    Space Rental 617.514.1588 nancy.tobin@nara.gov
    Visitor Services 617.514.1569 kennedy.groupvisits@nara.gov
    Lost and Found
    Please inquire at our Security Office regarding lost belongings at 617.514.1555.

Explained to you over and over and over, ad nauseam. WE ALL UNDERSTAND OSWALD DIDN'T GET HIS DAY IN COURT. He's historically guilty.

No citations
    No documents
    No testimony
    No exhibits
    No witness videos

Specific portions of the WCR and HSCA findings, etc. and Zapruder film and so on have all been shared at this board by Oswald Alone believers and conspiracists for decades.

Shifting the burden.

You've researched this for decades and can only determine that some people did something. Do better.

Kicking your sandcastles over is a hobby. It might be a bit of a cruel hobby, but it's fun.

You are utterly and completely lost, Gil. You are infected with conspiracism. When you can propose a theory about what happened that day, we can examine your claim, and at that time you will be a conspiracy THEORIST.

TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY. Do not pretend Oswald is on trial, do not pretend to know the case would be "thrown out" on your interpretations of technicalities, do not argue his innocence or guilt criminally. Tell us what happened HISTORICALLY.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Greg Parker@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Fri Jul 21 19:52:28 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:26:58 AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff. It think by pretending there is such an audience, they think it gives importance to their fingerpainting hobby. Without bothering to count, I'd estimate there are no more than two dozen regular contributors to these discussions. It would be rather silly to imagine that any of us are having an impact on public opinion with such a small group of people reading this nonsense.
    By imagining their words extend far beyond the few contributors here, they think they are doing something worthwhile. Long ago I gave up any notion that anything I say in these forums amounts to a hill of beans when it
    comes to moving the needle of public opinion. I recognize this as nothing more than a silly hobby of mostly old men arguing about a double murder
    Who are the lurkers? Wha??? you wanna know their names? You should be able to use your contacts to find out, buddy, Sheesh. I only know their first names.

There's Max, Frederico, Pearl, Sonny, Ikabod, Luigi, Paul, Suzie and Eddy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Greg Parker on Sat Jul 22 03:49:39 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 10:52:30 PM UTC-4, Greg Parker wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:26:58 AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff. It think by pretending there is such an audience, they think it gives importance to their fingerpainting hobby. Without bothering to count, I'd estimate there are no more than two dozen regular contributors to these discussions. It would be rather silly to imagine that any of us are having an impact on public opinion with such a small group of people reading this nonsense.
    By imagining their words extend far beyond the few contributors here, they think they are doing something worthwhile. Long ago I gave up any notion that anything I say in these forums amounts to a hill of beans when it comes to moving the needle of public opinion. I recognize this as nothing more than a silly hobby of mostly old men arguing about a double murder case the DPD solved almost 60 years ago.
    Who are the lurkers? Wha??? you wanna know their names? You should be able to use your contacts to find out, buddy, Sheesh. I only know their first names.

How do you know they are lurkers? How do we know you didn't just make them up?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Sun Jul 23 05:26:20 2023
    On Saturday, July 22, 2023 at 6:49:41 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

How do you know that the four spent .38 shells in evidence are the same shells found at the Tippit murder scene
    if the three people who found them couldn't positively identify them ?

How do you know that the three 6.5 rifle shells in evidence are the same shells found on the sixth floor,
    if the person who found them ( Dallas Deputy Luke Mooney ) never positively identified them as the shells he found ?

How do you know the "tannish grey" jacket in evidence is the jacket found under a car in a parking lot a block from the Tippit murder scene
    if it was never positively identified by the person who reported it found ( Off. J. T Griffin ) ?

How do you know the brown paper 38 inch "gunsack" in evidence was the package Oswald brought to work that morning,
    if it was never positively identified by the witnesses who saw the package ?

How do you know that the the C2766 rifle in evidence was found by Dallas Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone on the sixth floor,
    when it was never positively identified by him as the rifle he found ?

How do you know any of these items are evidence ? How do you know they "didn't just make them up" ?
    How do you know these items weren't substituted for the originals ?

Revision after revision after revision of the evidence.
    Line ups with "fillers" that included police detectives wearing a vest and a sport coat. Lineups with blonds. A lineup with teenagers and a Mexican. All put together
    with fillers so different from the witnesses' descriptions that it made Oswald the only choice.

Witnesses ignored.
    Witnesses threatened.
    Counsel denied.
    Constitutional rights violated.
    FBI reports altered.
    SS motorcade records destroyed.

And you consider this acceptable and normal behavior in a criminal homicide investigation ?
    Name another homicide case where all of these things occurred.
    SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Jul 23 05:51:45 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:26:22 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    How do you know that the four spent .38 shells in evidence are the same shells found at the Tippit murder scene

How do you know that the three 6.5 rifle shells in evidence are the same shells found on the sixth floor,
    if the person who found them ( Dallas Deputy Luke Mooney ) never positively identified them as the shells he found ?

How do you know the "tannish grey" jacket in evidence is the jacket found under a car in a parking lot a block from the Tippit murder scene
    if it was never positively identified by the person who reported it found ( Off. J. T Griffin ) ?

How do you know the brown paper 38 inch "gunsack" in evidence was the package Oswald brought to work that morning,

How do you know that the the C2766 rifle in evidence was found by Dallas Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone on the sixth floor,

How do you know any of these items are evidence ? How do you know they "didn't just make them up" ?

I know these things because it is ludicrous to believe all the law enforcement agencies involved
    in gathering the evidence in the JFK assassination conspired to conceal the truth and frame
    poor little Lee Harvey Oswald for the crime. You choose to believe the DPD, the Dallas sheriff's
    department, the FBI, the Secret Service, and the Defense Department chose to join in the
    conspiracy. It is an absurdity.

So you imagine. It's what you must do to convince yourself Oswald was innocent. It's a silly
    exercise. I choose to believe what the evidence tells me rather than invent excuses to dismiis it.

Line ups with "fillers" that included police detectives wearing a vest and a sport coat. Lineups with blonds. A lineup with teenagers and a Mexican. All put together
    with fillers so different from the witnesses' descriptions that it made Oswald the only choice.

Witnesses ignored.
    Witnesses threatened.
    Counsel denied.
    FBI reports altered.

Keep those excuses coming. It's all you have.

And you consider this acceptable and normal behavior in a criminal homicide investigation ?

You have convinced yourself of malfeasance that didn't exist. You started with the presumption
    that Oswald was framed and then dismissed all the evidence that was contrary to that
    presumption. This has left you with no evidence at all which frees you to believe any silly thing
    you want.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Jul 23 07:37:01 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:26:22 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

How could they?

Why would you expect them to be able to?

It is the officer that takes control of the evidence that starts the chain of custody, not the first officer to lay eyes on the evidence. This has been explained to you.

The jacket that was filmed in the custody of the DPD?

His prints being on it.

How could they?

How could he?

People that know how to reason will often go with what is reasonable to believe. Idiots like you are on your own.

Empty claim after empty claim.

You don`t understand line-ups. They were used primarily so the police wouldn`t bring one person in front of the witness and ask themn if this is the guy they saw. It was never about trying to challenge witnesses by using filler that closely match the
    description of the suspect.

Witnesses ignored.

Check this photo of Reagan being shot. Did they need to interview every person seen, and the likely more people not caught in the photo in order to determine what occurred?

https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/ajc/VYVYHO4AC33SHEIGK2RYAAKYAU.jpg

Witnesses threatened.

What exactly were the threats? Be specific.

Counsel denied.

Council offered.

So you say. But you`re an idiot.

FBI reports altered.

Such as?

When?

And you consider this acceptable and normal behavior in a criminal homicide investigation?

You assume your complaints are valid. I don`t.

Name another event where torpedo and dive bombers sank four battleships moored in a harbor other than Pearl Harbor.

If you can`t, does this mean the Pearl Harbor attack didn`t occur?

SMH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Mon Jul 24 07:35:17 2023
    On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 03:49:39 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 10:52:30?PM UTC-4, Greg Parker wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:26:58?AM UTC+10, John Corbett wrote:
    there is actually an audience of people out in cyberspace who find the
    exchanges on this and other forums to be compelling stuff. It think by
    pretending there is such an audience, they think it gives importance to
    their fingerpainting hobby. Without bothering to count, I'd estimate there >>> are no more than two dozen regular contributors to these discussions. It >>> would be rather silly to imagine that any of us are having an impact on
    public opinion with such a small group of people reading this nonsense.
    By imagining their words extend far beyond the few contributors here, they >>> think they are doing something worthwhile. Long ago I gave up any notion >>> that anything I say in these forums amounts to a hill of beans when it
    comes to moving the needle of public opinion. I recognize this as nothing >>> more than a silly hobby of mostly old men arguing about a double murder

Because we have coffee on Saturday morning at Denny's.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 3 07:00:28 2023
    On Thu, 20 Jul 2023 13:49:57 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 1:32:43?PM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:

just assume there are.

a larger crowd.

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05