• "That the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial"

From Gil Jesus@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 16 02:51:55 2023
    https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/62-109060-sec-18-pg.-29-katzenbach-memo.png

In order to do that, you had to allow and disallow evidence
    according to judicial rules and protocol.

But the Commission didn't do that.

They allowed the wife to testify against her husband.
    They allowed witness identifications from lineups that were obviously unfair. They allowed evidence that was never identified by the person who found it. They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused.
    They called witnesses who had no evidence to offer and ignored others who did. They disavowed testimony from their own experts.

This was not a criminal investigation. This was a collection of evidence against one suspect. And they did not present the evidence in such a way that Oswald, "would have been convicted at trial".

Otherwise, we wouldn't be here 60 years later debating this issue.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Jul 16 04:05:52 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 5:51:57 AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:
    https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/62-109060-sec-18-pg.-29-katzenbach-memo.png

They allowed witness identifications from lineups that were obviously unfair.
    They allowed evidence that was never identified by the person who found it. They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused.
    They called witnesses who had no evidence to offer and ignored others who did.
    They disavowed testimony from their own experts.

This was not a criminal investigation. This was a collection of evidence against one suspect. And they did not present the evidence in such a way that Oswald, "would have been convicted at trial".

It was not intended to be a trial. It was a fact finding body. There was no prosecution, no
    defense, no judge, and no jury. The Commission was given one task. Gather the evidence
    and determine the truth of the JFK assassination. They did their job admirably and reached
    the correct conclusion. The fact that some people refuse to accept that is not an indictment
    of the WC. It is an indictment of those who refuse to accept the plain truth.

You can lead a horse to water...

The reason we are still here 60 years later is because there is a small but fervent army of
    assclowns who can't accept what the evidence obviously proves, that Oswald killed two men.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Sun Jul 16 04:24:37 2023

Because they understood the difference between a trial and an investigation and you don`t.

Marina wasn`t legally married to LHO at the time, she was a widow. She might even have been remarried.

Your worthless opinion.

They allowed evidence that was never identified by the person who found it.

You haven`t shown that this was ever done, or how it was even possible.

They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused.

Like?

Any investigation can be criticized. "Why did they do that, why didn`t they do that?"

Many of the flaws are imagined by people with no aptitude or understanding of real investigation.

Like?

This was not a criminal investigation. This was a collection of evidence against one suspect.

Exactly how you expect it to play out if a single person was guilty.

And they did not present the evidence in such a way that Oswald, "would have been convicted at trial".

My assessment is that it would have been a slam dunk.

We aren`t debating anything. You are posting bad ideas and poor thinking and people are pointing out the flaws in your ideas and thinking.

The criteria for this event is not that every idiot must figure it out before it can become settled.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Jul 17 13:15:05 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 7:05:54 AM UTC-4, John Corbett wrote:

It was not intended to be a trial. It was a fact finding body. There was no prosecution, no
    defense, no judge, and no jury. The Commission was given one task. Gather the evidence
    and determine the truth of the JFK assassination. They did their job admirably and reached
    the correct conclusion. The fact that some people refuse to accept that is not an indictment

The reason we are still here 60 years later is because there is a small but fervent army of
    assclowns who can't accept what the evidence obviously proves, that Oswald killed two men.
    Katzenbach is clearly saying that any investigation into the assassination needed to produce enough evidence *that could be used* in a court - that is legal/court standards - to show to the public, to satisfy the public, that Oswald was guilty. He is not
    saying the *only* evidence that should be found/uncovered is that which could be used in court. The idea that any commission - this one, the 9/11 commission, the Roberts commission that looked into the failures of Pearl Harbor - could only use evidence
    that could be admitted in court is silly.
    The Oswald defenders want to use this legal standard for evidence against Oswald and no standard at all when they promote their goofy conspiracy claims. I've never - never - read a conspiracist complaint that the evidence against LBJ or Hoover or Ruth
    Paine wouldn't be admitted in a court of law and therefore should be dismissed. Not once. And I get around a lot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Mon Jul 17 12:17:38 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:51:57 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

Still bringing up the Katzenbach memo? He's been interviewed about it many times. Here's an excerpt from one interview:

https://www.emkinstitute.org/resources/nicholas-katzenbach

Knott
    Can I take you a little bit far afield here? There’s a new book out on the Warren Commission. Paul, do you recall it?

Martin
    I don’t recall the title but it’s a reputable book, written by a historian, University of Kansas Press. But go ahead. [Ed. Note: Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why, by Gerald D. McKnight.]

Knott
    I believe he’s somewhat critical of your whole role in creating the Warren Commission, arguing that you were attempting to just immediately discredit the conspiracy theories without wanting a thorough investigation of all possible sources of the people
    or the person who killed John F. Kennedy. Could you comment on this?

Katzenbach
    Conspiracy is a popular American pastime. I don’t know. What really went through my head more than anything was the [Abraham] Lincoln assassination. To this day, you have conspiracy theories that pop up all the time about it. I did not really think
    that an investigation by the State of Texas would be believed. I did not think that the FBI investigation would be believed, and I thought there ought to be a very thorough investigation, which is why I suggested the Warren Commission. Not Warren
    Commission, I suggested a commission to do it. I did not particularly think there was a conspiracy. So somebody could be critical of me for not thinking there was a conspiracy. There could have been a conspiracy. I just thought—what I knew about [Lee
    Harvey] Oswald, what I heard from the Bureau about Oswald, it did not seem to me that he was the person you would pick if you were a really sophisticated conspirator. You would do better than Oswald. It looked to me as though it was just a nut shooting.
    But I suppose somebody could take that and say—the letter I wrote was badly written. There’s one sentence in it that’s badly written.

Martin
    This is the memo to Bill Moyers?

Katzenbach
    Yes, there’s a bad sentence in it. But that’s all I was trying to do. Why I would have any interest in trying to destroy a conspiracy theory I don’t know. It was just hard for me to see why I would care. I thought it was important that you know
    who killed the President.

Martin
    Some of the sense is more along the lines that the country just needed to move on and that Johnson may have had reasons to want to end the conspiracy questions, especially with respect to whether Cuba was involved or Russia was involved, because he
    thought it might lead to war or something like that, and that the country would be safer with this explanation. Not that there was any malicious intent, but that—and Oswald—

Katzenbach
    If Johnson felt that way, he sure didn’t think a commission was the way to do it, did he? Because he was opposed to it. He wanted Texas to do it. I thought it was just nuts.

Martin
    Did you keep track or keep in touch with people on the commission?

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who else in
    this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach
    Yes, you could put those people together in a law firm and you’d make zillions of dollars, I’ll tell you. They were really good people. They did the best investigation they could. They had some difficulties with things. Governor [John] Connally didnâ€
    ™t want to be hit by the same bullet that had hit Kennedy. I think he was afraid his blood would be poisoned or something if that happened. The real problem was that shot, because that shot hit both of them. Connally insisted on having his own bullet.
    That made things difficult. Of course, [Allen] Dulles wasn’t straightforward at all and that was terrible. I suppose you just get trained in the CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] not to be straightforward, I don’t know. Dulles wasn’t fair and
    square with the rest of the commission.

Martin
    In what part do you think he wasn’t fair and square?

Katzenbach
    He knew things that he did not tell the commission.

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach
    That were clearly relevant. What?

Knott
    The efforts to kill [Fidel] Castro?

Katzenbach
    Yes, they were all clearly relevant to their investigation and he didn’t tell them about it.

Martin
    So when the commission produced its final report, did you think at that time that they had done a good job?

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced them and
    they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin
    Was Ted involved in any way?

Katzenbach
    He may have been worried that his organized crime activities were part of this in some way. I don’t really know whether he was or not. My feeling is that he just felt the President was dead and what difference did it make who killed him. He was a very
    devastated young man.

Yes, in a CRIMINAL TRIAL, stupid. OSWALD WASN'T ON TRIAL.

We don't try dead people, stupid. This has been explained countless times to you. The commission was a fact finding group to ascertain who killed JFK and Tippit and the resulting report also highlighted deficiencies in the protection of the POTUS and
    recommended making the assassination the POTUS and VP a federal crime, which it wasn't prior to JFK's murder.

They allowed evidence that was never identified by the person who found it. They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused.

In your opinion.

Sixty years of stomping your tiny feet and waving your tiny fists to the heavens, crying over the unfairness of it all. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puzzle me this, Sherlock Jesus: Why didn't Team Oswald, in the subsequent years, run their own tests, put together their own recreations of the event, etc. and come up with their own conclusion? Why just bitch for the past 21,900 days or so?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Mon Jul 17 13:37:05 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 3:17:40 PM UTC-4, Chuck Schuyler wrote:

Still bringing up the Katzenbach memo? He's been interviewed about it many times. Here's an excerpt from one interview:

Knott
    Can I take you a little bit far afield here? There’s a new book out on the Warren Commission. Paul, do you recall it?

Martin
    I don’t recall the title but it’s a reputable book, written by a historian, University of Kansas Press. But go ahead. [Ed. Note: Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why, by Gerald D. McKnight.]

Knott
    I believe he’s somewhat critical of your whole role in creating the Warren Commission, arguing that you were attempting to just immediately discredit the conspiracy theories without wanting a thorough investigation of all possible sources of the
    people or the person who killed John F. Kennedy. Could you comment on this?

Katzenbach
    Conspiracy is a popular American pastime. I don’t know. What really went through my head more than anything was the [Abraham] Lincoln assassination. To this day, you have conspiracy theories that pop up all the time about it. I did not really think
    that an investigation by the State of Texas would be believed. I did not think that the FBI investigation would be believed, and I thought there ought to be a very thorough investigation, which is why I suggested the Warren Commission. Not Warren
    Commission, I suggested a commission to do it. I did not particularly think there was a conspiracy. So somebody could be critical of me for not thinking there was a conspiracy. There could have been a conspiracy. I just thought—what I knew about [Lee
    Harvey] Oswald, what I heard from the Bureau about Oswald, it did not seem to me that he was the person you would pick if you were a really sophisticated conspirator. You would do better than Oswald. It looked to me as though it was just a nut shooting.
    But I suppose somebody could take that and say—the letter I wrote was badly written. There’s one sentence in it that’s badly written.

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, there’s a bad sentence in it. But that’s all I was trying to do. Why I would have any interest in trying to destroy a conspiracy theory I don’t know. It was just hard for me to see why I would care. I thought it was important that you know

Martin
    Some of the sense is more along the lines that the country just needed to move on and that Johnson may have had reasons to want to end the conspiracy questions, especially with respect to whether Cuba was involved or Russia was involved, because he
    thought it might lead to war or something like that, and that the country would be safer with this explanation. Not that there was any malicious intent, but that—and Oswald—

Katzenbach
    If Johnson felt that way, he sure didn’t think a commission was the way to do it, did he? Because he was opposed to it. He wanted Texas to do it. I thought it was just nuts.

Martin

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who else in
    this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach
    Yes, you could put those people together in a law firm and you’d make zillions of dollars, I’ll tell you. They were really good people. They did the best investigation they could. They had some difficulties with things. Governor [John] Connally
    didn’t want to be hit by the same bullet that had hit Kennedy. I think he was afraid his blood would be poisoned or something if that happened. The real problem was that shot, because that shot hit both of them. Connally insisted on having his own
    bullet. That made things difficult. Of course, [Allen] Dulles wasn’t straightforward at all and that was terrible. I suppose you just get trained in the CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] not to be straightforward, I don’t know. Dulles wasn’t fair
    and square with the rest of the commission.

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach
    Yes, they were all clearly relevant to their investigation and he didn’t tell them about it.

Martin
    So when the commission produced its final report, did you think at that time that they had done a good job?

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced them and
    they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin

Katzenbach
    He may have been worried that his organized crime activities were part of this in some way. I don’t really know whether he was or not. My feeling is that he just felt the President was dead and what difference did it make who killed him. He was a
    very devastated young man.

We don't try dead people, stupid. This has been explained countless times to you. The commission was a fact finding group to ascertain who killed JFK and Tippit and the resulting report also highlighted deficiencies in the protection of the POTUS and
    recommended making the assassination the POTUS and VP a federal crime, which it wasn't prior to JFK's murder.

In your opinion.

Sixty years of stomping your tiny feet and waving your tiny fists to the heavens, crying over the unfairness of it all. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puzzle me this, Sherlock Jesus: Why didn't Team Oswald, in the subsequent years, run their own tests, put together their own recreations of the event, etc. and come up with their own conclusion? Why just bitch for the past 21,900 days or so?

I'm glad to see Katzenbach acknowledged that one key sentence was badly worded. The memo
    reflects that Katzenbach had already seen enough evidence to be convinced that Oswald was
    the assassin. The way he worded the memo made it sound as if he didn't want to even consider
    the possibility of a conspiracy. He didn't believe there was and the way he worded it indicated
    that. I think if he knew that the memo would become public, he would have been more judicious
    in his choice of words.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to John Corbett on Mon Jul 17 16:00:15 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 3:37:07 PM UTC-5, John Corbett wrote:

Knott

Martin

Knott
    I believe he’s somewhat critical of your whole role in creating the Warren Commission, arguing that you were attempting to just immediately discredit the conspiracy theories without wanting a thorough investigation of all possible sources of the

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach
    Yes, you could put those people together in a law firm and you’d make zillions of dollars, I’ll tell you. They were really good people. They did the best investigation they could. They had some difficulties with things. Governor [John] Connally
    didn’t want to be hit by the same bullet that had hit Kennedy. I think he was afraid his blood would be poisoned or something if that happened. The real problem was that shot, because that shot hit both of them. Connally insisted on having his own
    bullet. That made things difficult. Of course, [Allen] Dulles wasn’t straightforward at all and that was terrible. I suppose you just get trained in the CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] not to be straightforward, I don’t know. Dulles wasn’t fair

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced them
    and they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin

Katzenbach
    He may have been worried that his organized crime activities were part of this in some way. I don’t really know whether he was or not. My feeling is that he just felt the President was dead and what difference did it make who killed him. He was a

In your opinion.

I'm glad to see Katzenbach acknowledged that one key sentence was badly worded. The memo
    reflects that Katzenbach had already seen enough evidence to be convinced that Oswald was
    the assassin. The way he worded the memo made it sound as if he didn't want to even consider
    the possibility of a conspiracy. He didn't believe there was and the way he worded it indicated
    that. I think if he knew that the memo would become public, he would have been more judicious
    in his choice of words.

Of course Gil ignores the parts of the memo that carry heavier weight and are not controversial:

"It is important that all of the facts surrounding President Kennedy's Assassination be made public in a way which will satisfy people in the Untied States and abroad that all the facts have been told and that a statement to this effect be made now."

Gil is taking things out of context to fit his narrative.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Steven Galbraith@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Mon Jul 17 16:38:45 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:00:16 PM UTC-4, Chuck Schuyler wrote:

Knott

Martin

Knott

Katzenbach
    Conspiracy is a popular American pastime. I don’t know. What really went through my head more than anything was the [Abraham] Lincoln assassination. To this day, you have conspiracy theories that pop up all the time about it. I did not really
    think that an investigation by the State of Texas would be believed. I did not think that the FBI investigation would be believed, and I thought there ought to be a very thorough investigation, which is why I suggested the Warren Commission. Not Warren

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, there’s a bad sentence in it. But that’s all I was trying to do. Why I would have any interest in trying to destroy a conspiracy theory I don’t know. It was just hard for me to see why I would care. I thought it was important that you
    know who killed the President.

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who else
    in this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced them
    and they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin

Katzenbach

We don't try dead people, stupid. This has been explained countless times to you. The commission was a fact finding group to ascertain who killed JFK and Tippit and the resulting report also highlighted deficiencies in the protection of the POTUS
    and recommended making the assassination the POTUS and VP a federal crime, which it wasn't prior to JFK's murder.

In your opinion.

in his choice of words.
    Of course Gil ignores the parts of the memo that carry heavier weight and are not controversial:

"It is important that all of the facts surrounding President Kennedy's Assassination be made public in a way which will satisfy people in the Untied States and abroad that all the facts have been told and that a statement to this effect be made now."

Warren: "We had evidence that Allen Dulles ordered the assassination but it was based on hearsay and the chain of possession of the documents was shaky. We'd never be able to use it in court. So, we shut that line of investigation down."
    Right.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Mon Jul 17 16:50:34 2023

Knott

Martin

Knott

Katzenbach
    Conspiracy is a popular American pastime. I don’t know. What really went through my head more than anything was the [Abraham] Lincoln assassination. To this day, you have conspiracy theories that pop up all the time about it. I did not really
    think that an investigation by the State of Texas would be believed. I did not think that the FBI investigation would be believed, and I thought there ought to be a very thorough investigation, which is why I suggested the Warren Commission. Not Warren

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, there’s a bad sentence in it. But that’s all I was trying to do. Why I would have any interest in trying to destroy a conspiracy theory I don’t know. It was just hard for me to see why I would care. I thought it was important that you

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who else
    in this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

We don't try dead people, stupid. This has been explained countless times to you. The commission was a fact finding group to ascertain who killed JFK and Tippit and the resulting report also highlighted deficiencies in the protection of the POTUS
    and recommended making the assassination the POTUS and VP a federal crime, which it wasn't prior to JFK's murder.

In your opinion.

in his choice of words.

Pointed out to Gil a few decades ago by Ted Gittinger. Gil is no smarter now than he was then.

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/c/1vTqk95uwi0/m/01WkCZGbSTsJ

You can`t have a cover-up by making all facts public. You...Just....Can`t.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chuck Schuyler@21:1/5 to Bud on Mon Jul 17 21:15:20 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:

Knott

Martin

Knott
    I believe he’s somewhat critical of your whole role in creating the Warren Commission, arguing that you were attempting to just immediately discredit the conspiracy theories without wanting a thorough investigation of all possible sources of
    the people or the person who killed John F. Kennedy. Could you comment on this?

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach

Martin
    Some of the sense is more along the lines that the country just needed to move on and that Johnson may have had reasons to want to end the conspiracy questions, especially with respect to whether Cuba was involved or Russia was involved, because
    he thought it might lead to war or something like that, and that the country would be safer with this explanation. Not that there was any malicious intent, but that—and Oswald—

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who
    else in this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach
    Yes, you could put those people together in a law firm and you’d make zillions of dollars, I’ll tell you. They were really good people. They did the best investigation they could. They had some difficulties with things. Governor [John]
    Connally didn’t want to be hit by the same bullet that had hit Kennedy. I think he was afraid his blood would be poisoned or something if that happened. The real problem was that shot, because that shot hit both of them. Connally insisted on having his
    own bullet. That made things difficult. Of course, [Allen] Dulles wasn’t straightforward at all and that was terrible. I suppose you just get trained in the CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] not to be straightforward, I don’t know. Dulles wasn’t
    fair and square with the rest of the commission.

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced
    them and they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin

Katzenbach
    He may have been worried that his organized crime activities were part of this in some way. I don’t really know whether he was or not. My feeling is that he just felt the President was dead and what difference did it make who killed him. He was
    a very devastated young man.

In order to do that, you had to allow and disallow evidence according to judicial rules and protocol.

In your opinion.

in his choice of words.

Pointed out to Gil a few decades ago by Ted Gittinger. Gil is no smarter now than he was then.

Wow. Crazy that you could find that from two decades ago. Goes to show how long we've been arguing over the same stuff, over and over.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From robert johnson@21:1/5 to Chuck Schuyler on Tue Jul 18 03:06:17 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 5:15:22 AM UTC+1, Chuck Schuyler wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-5, Bud wrote:

Knott

Martin

Knott
    I believe he’s somewhat critical of your whole role in creating the Warren Commission, arguing that you were attempting to just immediately discredit the conspiracy theories without wanting a thorough investigation of all possible sources of
    the people or the person who killed John F. Kennedy. Could you comment on this?

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, there’s a bad sentence in it. But that’s all I was trying to do. Why I would have any interest in trying to destroy a conspiracy theory I don’t know. It was just hard for me to see why I would care. I thought it was important that
    you know who killed the President.

Martin
    Some of the sense is more along the lines that the country just needed to move on and that Johnson may have had reasons to want to end the conspiracy questions, especially with respect to whether Cuba was involved or Russia was involved,
    because he thought it might lead to war or something like that, and that the country would be safer with this explanation. Not that there was any malicious intent, but that—and Oswald—

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Indirectly, not very much. I put Howard Willens in the Justice Department as the number-two guy in the criminal division, and I made him the liaison. A lot of people objected; they say, why did you have the Bureau do all their work? Well, who
    else in this country could do it? And boy, did they have a bunch of good lawyers. Young lawyers and older lawyers come in and volunteer for that job.

Knott
    For the Commission?

Katzenbach
    Yes, you could put those people together in a law firm and you’d make zillions of dollars, I’ll tell you. They were really good people. They did the best investigation they could. They had some difficulties with things. Governor [John]
    Connally didn’t want to be hit by the same bullet that had hit Kennedy. I think he was afraid his blood would be poisoned or something if that happened. The real problem was that shot, because that shot hit both of them. Connally insisted on having his
    own bullet. That made things difficult. Of course, [Allen] Dulles wasn’t straightforward at all and that was terrible. I suppose you just get trained in the CIA [Central Intelligence Agency] not to be straightforward, I don’t know. Dulles wasn’t
    fair and square with the rest of the commission.

Martin

Katzenbach

Knott
    The attempts to kill—

Katzenbach

Knott

Katzenbach

Martin

Katzenbach
    Yes, I do today. I think they did as good a job—I don’t think anybody has knocked any holes in it. I mean, the problems that they had when they wrote it are the same problems that exist today. You can talk about those problems. They faced
    them and they handled them and said what they thought about them, and I think did as well as they could. Bobby never cared about it very much. I don’t know whether he was worried about it.

Martin

Katzenbach
    He may have been worried that his organized crime activities were part of this in some way. I don’t really know whether he was or not. My feeling is that he just felt the President was dead and what difference did it make who killed him. He
    was a very devastated young man.

In order to do that, you had to allow and disallow evidence according to judicial rules and protocol.

We don't try dead people, stupid. This has been explained countless times to you. The commission was a fact finding group to ascertain who killed JFK and Tippit and the resulting report also highlighted deficiencies in the protection of the
    POTUS and recommended making the assassination the POTUS and VP a federal crime, which it wasn't prior to JFK's murder.

They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused. They called witnesses who had no evidence to offer and ignored others who did.

In your opinion.

in his choice of words.

"It is important that all of the facts surrounding President Kennedy's Assassination be made public in a way which will satisfy people in the Untied States and abroad that all the facts have been told and that a statement to this effect be made now.
    "

Wow. Crazy that you could find that from two decades ago. Goes to show how long we've been arguing over the same stuff, over and over.

Shows you what a bunch of delusional twats you are, buhahahahahahahaha.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Wed Jul 19 07:03:38 2023
    On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 04:05:52 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 5:51:57?AM UTC-4, Gil Jesus wrote:

They allowed evidence that was never identified by the person who found it. >> They allowed hearsay statements allegedly made by the accused.

defense, no judge, and no jury.

And you're a provable liar. This was INDEED a prosecution.

You cannot point to ANY exculpatory evidence highlighted by the WCR.

The Commission was given one task. Gather the evidence
    and determine the truth of the JFK assassination.

Simply not true.

They did their job admirably

By lying about their own collected evidence????

and reached
    the correct conclusion.

Begged.

The fact that some people refuse to accept that is not an indictment

Did the WC tell the truth about Mrs. Tice's testimony?

The horse's ass is you.

The reason we are still here 60 years later is because there is a small but fervent army...

Logical fallacy deleted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 07:03:38 2023
    On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 04:24:37 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirslick@fast.net>
    wrote:

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Logical fallacy deleted.

Lying won't convince anyone.

Like?

Logical fallacy deleted.

Like?

The same evidence *YOU* don't believe...

Tell us a whopper Chickenshit, and explain how the medical testimony
    supported the WCR's theory.

This was not a criminal investigation. This was a collection of evidence against one suspect.

Logical fallacy deleted.

And they did not present the evidence in such a way that Oswald, "would have been convicted at trial".

My assessment...

Is worthless.

We aren`t debating anything.

Indeed not. You keep squirming away...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to chuckschuyler123@gmail.com on Wed Jul 19 07:03:38 2023
    On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:17:38 -0700 (PDT), Chuck Schuyler <chuckschuyler123@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:51:57?AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:

Still bringing up the Katzenbach memo?

Have you ever offered a credible explanation for it?

No.

You haven't.

In the interest of brevity, I deleted the rest of your nonsense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com on Wed Jul 19 07:03:38 2023
    On Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:38:45 -0700 (PDT), Steven Galbraith <stevemgalbraith@yahoo.com> wrote:

Warren: "We had evidence that Allen Dulles ordered the assassination but it was based on hearsay and the chain of possession of the documents was shaky. We'd never be able to use it in court. So, we shut that line of investigation down."
    Right.

How silly!!! Much of what the WCR used couldn't have been used in
    court.

But you're too dishonest to publicly admit this simple truth.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bud@21:1/5 to Ben Holmes on Wed Jul 19 11:15:34 2023
    On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 10:03:48 AM UTC-4, Ben Holmes wrote:
    On Sun, 16 Jul 2023 04:24:37 -0700 (PDT), Bud <sirs...@fast.net>
    wrote:

Logical fallacy deleted.
    Logical fallacy deleted.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Like?
    Logical fallacy deleted.

Like?
    The same evidence *YOU* don't believe...

Tell us a whopper Chickenshit, and explain how the medical testimony supported the WCR's theory.
    Logical fallacy deleted.

My assessment...

Is worthless.

We aren`t debating anything.
    Indeed not. You keep squirming away...

You are the one who removed all the truth I wrote. You hate the truth, it interferes with the silly games you play with the deaths of these men.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05