• Re: Another Question for the Believers to Run From

From John Corbett@21:1/5 to Gil Jesus on Fri Sep 29 15:23:27 2023
    On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 8:05:57 AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    If three shots were fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository, why did all of the people run towards the grassy knoll ? Why didn't they all run into the building ?

I wasn't participating when Gil first posted this but because somebody has revived this thread,
    I'll throw my two cents in. Gil is asking why a bunch of unarmed people didn't rush toward where
    they believed there was an active shooter. Is that what Gil thinks would be the natural reaction
    of people to the sound of gunfire. Maybe it's just me, but my reaction would be to either take
    cover or haul ass out of the vicinity. If I had young children with me, I might do as the Newman's
    did and cover them with my body (hopefully I wouldn't react like George Constanza).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ben Holmes@21:1/5 to geowright1963@gmail.com on Fri Sep 29 15:30:20 2023
    On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:23:27 -0700 (PDT), John Corbett <geowright1963@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, January 27, 2023 at 8:05:57?AM UTC-5, Gil Jesus wrote:
    If three shots were fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository, why did all of the people run towards the grassy knoll ? Why didn't they all run into the building ?

I wasn't participating when Gil first posted this but because somebody has revived this thread,
    I'll throw my two cents in. Gil is asking why a bunch of unarmed people didn't rush toward where
    they believed there was an active shooter. Is that what Gil thinks would be the natural reaction
    of people to the sound of gunfire. Maybe it's just me, but my reaction would be to either take
    cover or haul ass out of the vicinity. If I had young children with me, I might do as the Newman's
    did and cover them with my body (hopefully I wouldn't react like George Constanza).

You *STILL* aren't "participating." You're speculating... when all you
    need to do is ASK the people why they did what they did.

You're afraid of the answer.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)