• OT [Was: Re: Doing something wrong ...]

From Philip Herlihy@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 20 15:40:22 2024
    XPost: alt.comp.software.thunderbird

In article <ur2eaa$2i0k4$1@dont-email.me>, sticks wrote...

On 2/19/2024 10:04 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
    sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote:

This isn't any kind of attack, but I'm repeatedly jolted and saddened by your signature.

I'm not against Israel. I'm not against Palestine. But I feel slogans for either side - as though either side in this terrible conflict has the moral high-ground - just make these terrible times worse. I stand with the ordinary people on both sides who have been exposed to conflict, brutality and horror by the extremist factions on both sides. Let it stop. Read this: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/27/tragedy-israel-palestine- conflict-horror

There. I've said how I feel, and I won't need to comment on this again. I hope you understand. Let there be peace (here too!).

--

Phil, London

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Indira@21:1/5 to Philip Herlihy on Tue Feb 20 21:34:12 2024

Philip Herlihy wrote:

I'm not against Israel. I'm not against Palestine. But I feel slogans for either side - as though either side in this terrible conflict has the moral high-ground - just make these terrible times worse.

Israel was attacked by Hamas terrorists who WANTED exactly what they're
    getting as they're funded, trained & directed by Iran who is who wanted it.

Meanwhile, the surrounding supposedly supportive countries (all of them,
    but Egypt in particular) also wants there to never be a solution to the
    problem of Palestinian autonomy so they actually prevent that solution.

Worse than those geopolitical realities, is that the Palestinian people themselves have elected this path that can only lead to their demise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg_Lorenz?=@21:1/5 to Indira on Tue Feb 20 18:49:35 2024

On 20.02.24 17:04, Indira wrote:
    Philip Herlihy wrote:

I'm not against Israel. I'm not against Palestine. But I feel slogans for >> either side - as though either side in this terrible conflict has the moral >> high-ground - just make these terrible times worse.

Israel was attacked by Hamas terrorists who WANTED exactly what they're getting as they're funded, trained & directed by Iran who is who wanted it.

Simple Mind!
    And this is a technical group and your posting is disgusting and
    completely OT. Troll!

--
    "Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05