• BBS Link

From Kevin@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 23 20:04:10 2019
    Hello !

Has anybody tried setting up BBS Link (http://bbslink.net/) with Wildcat! v6 and had
    success ?

I can get the connection fine using cmd.exe, but when I try and launch the .bat from
    Wildcat!'s door menu it farts back at me to the same screen.

Thanks !

-Kevin

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From city.damascus.va@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Kevin on Sat Jul 4 21:50:41 2020
    On Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 1:14:08 PM UTC-6, Kevin wrote:
    Hello !

Has anybody tried setting up BBS Link (http://bbslink.net/) with Wildcat! v6 and had
    success ?

I can get the connection fine using cmd.exe, but when I try and launch the .bat from
    Wildcat!'s door menu it farts back at me to the same screen.

Thanks !

-Kevin

Wildcat v5 and up sucks when it comes to doors. It wants everything ran from a batch file in the c:\wc6\batch directory. You can't launch anything but a .BAT from the door configuration.

To answer your question, NO, I spent about 4-5 hours trying to get BBSlink to work on Wildcat! v8. I could run it locally form the command prompt fine, but when WC called it as a door, all hell breaks loose.

The only thing I can say is WC handles doors very poorly. I needed to run a door at login which would send me a text when someone logged on to the system. I then found out there is no login door like with other BBS packages like Serchlight or Synchronet.
    I have to create a small wcBASIC app and compile it, which would then call the program from a files called logon-hooks.txt which was play in the C:\WCAT\CONFIG\ directory. All the to just run a login door.

Let me know if you ever got BBSLink Doors to work on your system and how you done it.

Best,

Kent

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kevin@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 8 18:50:20 2020
    On 05/07/2020 06:50, city.damascus.va@gmail.com wrote to All:

Let me know if you ever got BBSLink Doors to work on your system and how you done
    it.

Hey Kent,

To be honest I dropped it for a while, I'm going to start having a go at it again and see if I
    can get anywhere. I'll try and document it in case it actually works, but it sounds like I
    might not be taking a winning battle...

-Kevin

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05