• Crossroads of the Elements DEDICATED SERVER!!!

From darmstrong1977@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 17 13:03:03 2016
    Bah! I'm several years too late it seems.... can't find any good sources for xroads anymore. Would very much like to see the game go again or at least find a good download source with documentation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jwofford79@gmail.com@21:1/5 to darmstr...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 27 14:08:58 2018
    On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 3:03:04 PM UTC-5, darmstr...@gmail.com wrote:
    Bah! I'm several years too late it seems.... can't find any good sources for xroads anymore. Would very much like to see the game go again or at least find a good download source with documentation.

Seems I may be a bit late for you, also.. But I hope this may help your search adventures.

I used to love playing this old BBS game when I was a teenager. I've recently gotten back into playing it.

I have found two places that currently still have XRoads still going.

A simple google search will pull both of these up, however, here are the links.

This one is XR only. No MBBS interface other than creating an account. telnet://xroads.macro10.com:7777

This is a MBBS interface with other BBS games and even a small file library INCLUDING the XRoads Doc's that has been lost along the way of the internet through the years.
    telnet://bbs.phospher.com:23

If you have already found these, then my apologies for the very late response. Otherwise, I have been playing on the macro10 bbs, under the name of Texanbred. Currently level 7 or 8 earth warrior. Still wandering around town and touching just the
    insides of element gates for low level mobs. Keep getting to 10 and somehow think I'm an ubergod and start taking bigger risks, LOL..

Hope to see some other players.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From darkforce@21:1/172 to darmstrong1977@gmail.com on Tue Jul 9 05:24:16 2019
    SOC 4 EVER Telnet: bbs.soc4ever.com
    It's still up and working, check it out.
    The only other option is to play it on MBBS Dos box port on the net.

MBBS4EVER is out there too and will run on a VM Machine or XP with a
    packet driver.
    http://software.bbsdocumentary.com/IBM/WINDOWS/MAJORBBS/

http://bbsdocumentary.com/software/IBM/DOS/MBBS/mbbs/

Good Luck with your gaming.
    Darkforce
    @[

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bottomless Abyss BBS * bbs.bottomlessabyss.net (21:1/172)