• Rayko and DigJelly Rock the Masquerade

From wanderer@21:1/10 to alt.bbs.iniquity on Wed Nov 9 05:10:00 2005
    From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.iniquity

hey,

just gotta exclaim what a great job Rayko and DigJelly did in concert at the Masquerade Monday October 24th in Hotlanta.

Rayko's got a really strong, pretty voice and sounded good leading the
    second of three bands opening for Veruca Salt on their national tour. Rayko was masterful at getting the crowd pumped up, out of our chairs and moving
    to the music. she totally took control of the stage, sexily strutting,
    bopping her trademark long anime-style dual ponytails in time to the music
    and lights, somehow engendering camaraderie in the room as she delightedly waved to and saluted various people in the crowd and flashed her six-pack
    abs to great effect. (Rayko, if you did a training video to your music, I'd buy it!)

diminutive, yet with a powerful punch, Rayko raised the energy level to
    another order delivering her songs, many of which had great melodies. the guitarist did a good job, showing me some virtuoso sounds I'd never seen anybody wring out of a Les Paul before. on some of the songs, he doubled Rayko's vocal lines for some really cool effects.

the drummer kept a good beat, mixing it up for the different songs for a
    nice variety, and sang some tight harmonies. the bassist kept the energy mellifluously thrumming on the bottom end, and flashed some cute pecs
    halfway into DigJelly's set.

the songs were good and made me want to buy DigJelly's album, For Your Inner Angry Child ($10). I think DigJelly could go all the way if they stick together and continue to coalesce. there were several songs Rayko sang that
    I wanted to get to know better.

Porselain followed and did a good job also. they sound like they're about ready to break for radio. Veruca Salt got up there and showed girls can
    have fun playing electric guitars, too. the lead singer sang a song about Spiderman, talking about how she'd like to pin him to her wall.... hope he doesn't meet such an inglorious end... you could understand the words and
    they were having a good time.

if you get a chance, don't miss catching DigJelly on their first national
    tour, and catch a rising star.

tour schedule at http://digjelly.com

Jerolyn

**************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** **************************************************************************** *******************************
    SEEN-BY: 1/10 205