• Judgment Day, today (yikes!! o.O)

From Malvinas@21:4/167 to All on Thu Aug 29 14:29:38 2024

According the Terminator's movies scripts, today is Judgment Day. The day Skynet becomes self-aware and tries to take over the world from humanity, and begins the process of wiping out the human race.
    T1+T2 is such a beautifully crafted piece of art, with its "closed time paradox" story... Skynet sends the T800 to kill Sarah, and the debris left behind is what sets in motion the very creation of Skynet... Leaves me speechless and boggley-eyes everytime.
    Cheers!

Malvinas.

Islas Malvinas, siempre Argentinas!

... Islas Malvinas, siempre Argentinas.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: The Vault BBS (21:4/167)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Malvinas on Thu Aug 29 15:49:41 2024
    Re: Judgment Day, today (yikes!! o.O)
    By: Malvinas to All on Thu Aug 29 2024 02:29 pm

According the Terminator's movies scripts, today is Judgment Day. The day

August 29th, yes, but Terminator 2 said it was to happen in 1997. I don't remember if the year changed in later movies due to the timeline changing though.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Malvinas on Thu Aug 29 15:53:36 2024

August 29th, yes, but Terminator 2 said it was to happen in 1997. I don't remember if the year later changed due to changes in the timeline though.

and begins the process of wiping out the human race. T1+T2 is such a beautifully crafted piece of art, with its "closed time paradox" story... Skynet sends the T800 to kill Sarah, and the debris left behind is what sets in motion the very creation of Skynet... Leaves me speechless and boggley-eyes everytime.

Yeah, I always liked that about the Terminator movies too. The first 2 movies were great, and while I think the 3rd and 4th were entertaining, I don't think they compare to the first 2. They tried rebooting the series with a couple more movies later, but I just don't think they worked very well. They could have been good, but I thought the direction they went in was a little odd.

Years ago, they made the TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", which took place after Terminator 2. I thought that was an interesting show, but they canceled it after the 2nd season and also left it on a cliffhanger.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 17:01:53 2024
    On 29 Aug 2024 at 03:53p, Nightfox pondered and said...

According the Terminator's movies scripts, today is Judgment Day. The

August 29th, yes, but Terminator 2 said it was to happen in 1997. I don't remember if the year later changed due to changes in the timeline though.

Golly this is interesting as I was only thinking about this movie and some of this stuff just a few days ago. It was because one of our local streaming platforms had the original movie available to watch and I noticed in the opening sequence there was a 2024 date showing as the apocalyptic scene played.

Yes, so may time travel stories and so many ways for things to change. I liked the first three movies, even didn't think to poorly of that Genesis?? movie... but the more they create them the more mixed up and loopy loop the time travel stuff gets :)

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Avon on Fri Aug 30 06:46:00 2024
    Avon wrote to Nightfox <=-

Yes, so may time travel stories and so many ways for things to change.
    I liked the first three movies, even didn't think to poorly of that Genesis?? movie... but the more they create them the more mixed up and loopy loop the time travel stuff gets :)

Isn't the story that every movie iteration changes the canon future in
    the Terminator series?

Interesting to have self-modifying canon. I bet Star Trek wishes they'd
    thought of that.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: realitycheckBBS.org -- information is power. (21:4/122)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Avon on Fri Aug 30 08:19:05 2024
    Re: Re: Judgment Day, today (yikes!! o.O)
    By: Avon to Nightfox on Fri Aug 30 2024 05:01 pm

Yes, so may time travel stories and so many ways for things to change. I liked the first three movies, even didn't think to poorly of that Genesis?? movie... but the more they create them the more mixed up and loopy loop the time travel stuff gets :)

I thought the 3rd was okay, and definitely entertaining.. I think I liked the 4th movie (Salvation) better though. Although it went into the future with the war against the machines going (it wasn't actually prevented), and I think it retconned the T-600 series a bit as far as how they were described before, I thought it was a fairly good movie.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri Aug 30 08:35:02 2024
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to Avon on Fri Aug 30 2024 06:46 am

Isn't the story that every movie iteration changes the canon future in the Terminator series?

Yeah, pretty much. And as they say, "The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves." But then in the 3rd movie, they said they couldn't change the fact that Judgement Day would happen..

Interesting to have self-modifying canon. I bet Star Trek wishes they'd thought of that.

That would have made a mess of things in Star Trek - or more of a mess than it already is.. There have been some continuity errors in Star Trek already, and one could also argue about whether the appearance of the original Enterprise in the original series vs. the Enterprise in Discovery & Strange New Worlds is a change in canon or not.. I think the updates to the Enterprise's appearance in Discovery & Strange New Worlds is cool, but sometimes I find it hard to think of reasons why it would be different than how the Enterprise was in the original series.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Blue White@21:4/134 to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 03:57:26 2024
    Nightfox wrote to Malvinas <=-

August 29th, yes, but Terminator 2 said it was to happen in 1997. I
    don't remember if the year changed in later movies due to the timeline changing though.

Considering where technology was, in real life, in 1997 vs. now, it would
    make much more sense that something like that would happen now vs. then. :O

... The number you have dailed...Nine-one-one...has been changed.

--- Talisman v0.53-dev (Linux/armv7l)
    * Origin: possumso.fsxnet.nz * telnet:24/ssh:2122/ftelnet:80 (21:4/134)
  • From Malvinas@21:1/246 to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 16:59:59 2024
    I thought the 3rd was okay, and definitely entertaining.. I think I
    liked the 4th movie (Salvation) better though. Although it went into

I liked the 4th movie *very much alright*!! I thought the cast was great on their roles and felt every detail was in the right spot. By the time the 4th movie came out, it made the 3rd one stand out as "too corny and out of place"...

Malvinas.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: bbs.CabanaBar.net:11123 (21:1/246)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Blue White on Sat Aug 31 15:50:24 2024
    By: Blue White to Nightfox on Sat Aug 31 2024 03:57 am

Re: Judgment Day, today (yikes!! o.O) By: Malvinas to All on Thu Aug 29
    2024 02:29 pm

August 29th, yes, but Terminator 2 said it was to happen in 1997. I
    don't remember if the year changed in later movies due to the timeline
    changing though.

Considering where technology was, in real life, in 1997 vs. now, it would make much more sense that something like that would happen now vs. then.

That's true, though I was just going by what they said in the movie.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From SirRonmit@21:2/120 to Malvinas on Tue Sep 3 11:18:10 2024
    According the Terminator's movies scripts, today is Judgment Day. The day Skynet becomes self-aware and tries to take over the world from
    humanity, and begins the process of wiping out the human race.
    T1+T2 is such a beautifully crafted piece of art, with its "closed time paradox" story... Skynet sends the T800 to kill Sarah, and the debris
    left behind is what sets in motion the very creation of Skynet... Leaves me speechless and boggley-eyes everytime.

Funny! I had a 4-day holiday weekend and decided to watch ALL the T movies in order (including the TV Series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles")

--
    Timothy Norris aka SirRonmit
    admin@f4fbbs.com
    bbs.f4fbbs.com:2323 or :62323

* Origin: Files 4 Fun BBS (21:2/120)
  • From SirRonmit@21:2/120 to Nightfox on Tue Sep 3 11:20:16 2024
    Years ago, they made the TV series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", which took place after Terminator 2. I thought that was an interesting show, but they canceled it after the 2nd season and also
    left it on a cliffhanger.

I watched all the T movies and the series this weekend .. in order.

S1 8 eps
    S2 22 eps (because they canceled the series and needed to get the rest 'posted')

--
    Timothy Norris aka SirRonmit
    admin@f4fbbs.com
    bbs.f4fbbs.com:2323 or :62323

* Origin: Files 4 Fun BBS (21:2/120)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to SirRonmit on Tue Sep 3 10:30:23 2024
    By: SirRonmit to Malvinas on Tue Sep 03 2024 11:18 am

Funny! I had a 4-day holiday weekend and decided to watch ALL the T movies i order (including the TV Series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles")

I liked the series a lot, loved the plot twist on the finale. Wasn't sure if they were planning another season or not.
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
    * Origin: realitycheckBBS.org -- information is power. (21:4/122)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to poindexter FORTRAN on Tue Sep 3 11:18:39 2024
    By: poindexter FORTRAN to SirRonmit on Tue Sep 03 2024 10:30 am

Funny! I had a 4-day holiday weekend and decided to watch ALL the T movies
    i order (including the TV Series "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles")

I liked the series a lot, loved the plot twist on the finale. Wasn't sure if they were planning another season or not.

There wasn't really a finale for that show. The last episode in season 2 ended with a cliffhanger, so it seems like they definitely had planned to make another season, but the show was canceled.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux