• MLB

From Utopian Galt@21:4/108 to All on Sun Jan 9 16:27:58 2022
    I hope the Dodgers tell Trevor Bauer to sashy away and just pay him off in 5 years with 5% interest.

--- WWIV 5.5.1.3261
    * Origin: inland utopia * socal usa * iutopia.mooo.com:2023 (21:4/108)
  • From Margaerynne@21:2/138 to Utopian Galt on Mon Jul 18 09:40:33 2022
    Re: MLB
    By: Utopian Galt to All on Sun Jan 09 2022 04:27 pm

I hope the Dodgers tell Trevor Bauer to sashy away and just pay him off in 5 years with 5% interest.
    Completely forgot Bauer existed for a few wonderful moments.
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (21:2/138)
  • From IrishMonk@21:2/110 to Margaerynne on Sun Jul 31 06:01:43 2022

to be honest, I almost forgot baseball existed. Over the last 15 years or so , I stopped watching almost all sports except football. And unfortunately for me I am a New York Giants fan. Hasnt been easy / fun for many years, hopefully that will change this year.

IrishMonk

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: TELNET://INKTWO/where?=CovinaCA : bbs.inktwo.com (21:2/110)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to IrishMonk on Fri Aug 5 19:48:00 2022
    On 07-31-22 06:01, IrishMonk wrote to Margaerynne <=-

to be honest, I almost forgot baseball existed. Over the last 15 years
    or so , I stopped watching almost all sports except football. And unfortunately for me I am a New York Giants fan. Hasnt been easy / fun
    for many years, hopefully that will change this year.

I hardly watch sports these days for a number of reasons.

- The high profile team sports like football (whatever code) and cricket aren't as important to me these days.

- Of the elite sports I am more interested in (the Commonwealth Games are currently on), domestic schedules make it very difficult to watch.

- And of course, I'm often too busy _doing_ sport to watch it anyway! :)

... I belong to no organized party - I am a walrus.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)
  • From Irish_Monk@21:4/184 to Vk3jed on Fri Aug 5 06:36:31 2022

Yup, way to busy myself, At least I cannot get 3 hours everyday to throw away for a sport. Even with football I say I like to watch. I usually only get to see a handful of full games, (usually interupted by family event, etc..) which is fine with me, So Im usually checking scores on the iphone to keep up.

|10I|02rish_|10M|02onk

... A house is a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/15 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: WarpeD SocieTy (21:4/184)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Irish_Monk on Mon Aug 8 15:46:00 2022
    On 08-05-22 06:36, Irish_Monk wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Yup, way to busy myself, At least I cannot get 3 hours everyday to
    throw away for a sport. Even with football I say I like to watch. I usually only get to see a handful of full games, (usually interupted by family event, etc..) which is fine with me, So Im usually checking
    scores on the iphone to keep up.

I'd rather use that time to train for a sport. :) A little over an hour in the gym today. Tomorrow it's a light prehab/mobility session and an hour or more on the track. :)

I used to enjoy watching the AFL Grand Final at the end of September, when it used to be at 2:30 on a Saturday afternoon. Grab some meat pies and sauce for lunch (traditional footy food), put the feet up with the TV on and watch the game. Didn't matter who was playing, it was good to watch the game.

Unfortunately, the last 2 years, they've moved the game to either twilight or evening, which doesn't work for us. :(

... Once the search has begun, something will be found
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Irish_Monk@21:4/184 to Vk3jed on Tue Aug 9 07:18:28 2022
    I'd rather use that time to train for a sport. :) A little over an hour in the gym today. Tomorrow it's a light prehab/mobility session and an hour or more on the track. :)

Nice, I need to get back into it myself. Was doing the Planet Fitness route for awhile, then put a bunch of Free Weights in the basement, was doing really well, then some how that wasnt part of my routine anymore. Need to get it back!! I almost think it helps me more mentally than just physically.

|10I|02rish_|10M|02onk

... What was the best thing before sliced bread?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/07/15 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: WarpeD SocieTy (21:4/184)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Irish_Monk on Wed Aug 10 19:41:00 2022
    On 08-09-22 07:18, Irish_Monk wrote to Vk3jed <=-

Nice, I need to get back into it myself. Was doing the Planet Fitness route for awhile, then put a bunch of Free Weights in the basement, was doing really well, then some how that wasnt part of my routine anymore. Need to get it back!! I almost think it helps me more mentally than
    just physically.

Excercise is great mental therapy, and has been shown to alleviate the symptoms of mild to moderate depression, and even people with more severe depression may be able to reduce their medication with regular exercise.

I often joke that I take large doses of iron (weights in the gym) and speed (track sprints) for my mental health. :)

Having the sport also means commitments to training sessions, and I've built on other commitments outside of that.

... Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux