• Price Piece in your collection.

From claw@21:1/210 to All on Fri May 6 07:53:42 2022
    Are you a Retro collector? If you said no and still on a BBS thats awesome. What is your prized piece of your collection? Do you have any emulation projects? Do you release your work?

My Prize piece is my A1200 I have an upgrade card in it. I do have an emulation project. I make a customized Retro Pie image. I haven't yet. Was considering it but its pretty huge for a Pi image. Compressed I think its around 128G. You will need a 256G card to you it. I would put it out there but not sure if any one would want it.

Do you retro on the Pi?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw
    |16|14Sysop |12Noverdu |14BBS |04(|14Noverdu.com|04)
    |10Standard Ports for SSH/Telnet Web/HTTP://|14Noverdu.com:808
    |22|01fsxNet/MRC Chat/Registered Doors!/50Nodes/No Time Use! Stay On!|16|07

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Noverdu BBS (21:1/210)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to claw on Fri May 6 09:38:58 2022
    Re: Price Piece in your collection.
    By: claw to All on Fri May 06 2022 07:53 am

Are you a Retro collector? If you said no and still on a BBS thats awesome. What is your prized piece of your collection? Do you have any emulation projects? Do you release your work?

When you say "retro" there, are you talking about anything retro (from antique furniture to retro computers and more), or do you specifically mean retro computing?

My Prize piece is my A1200 I have an upgrade card in it. I do have an emulation project. I make a customized Retro Pie image. I haven't yet. Was considering it but its pretty huge for a Pi image. Compressed I think its around 128G. You will need a 256G card to you it. I would put it out there but not sure if any one would want it.

That sounds interesting.

Do you retro on the Pi?

I just bought a Raspberry Pi recently, and I almost considered doing a retro gaming or computer emulation project with it, but I decided on something else instead. For retro gaming, I already have a Super Nintendo Classic mini console (which I've modded and added more games to), and I've also modded my Nintendo Wii and added emulators and games etc., and I also use emulators on my PC.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Win32
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Nightfox on Fri May 6 22:59:16 2022
    When you say "retro" there, are you talking about anything retro (from antique furniture to retro computers and more), or do you specifically mean retro computing?

I did mean Retro Computing.

That sounds interesting.

Do you retro on the Pi?

I just bought a Raspberry Pi recently, and I almost considered doing a retro gaming or computer emulation project with it, but I decided on something else instead. For retro gaming, I already have a Super
    Nintendo Classic mini console (which I've modded and added more games
    to), and I've also modded my Nintendo Wii and added emulators and games etc., and I also use emulators on my PC.

Nightfox

The Pi is a beast a emulation. I a Wii with a wode on it. Haven't played that in years. Might want it someday. There are some awesome PC setups. Have you messed with any of the VMan stuff? If you on Windows there is some amazing stuff there.

What did you end up using your Pi for?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Nightfox@21:1/137 to claw on Sat May 7 10:24:11 2022
    Re: Re: Price Piece in your collection.
    By: claw to Nightfox on Fri May 06 2022 10:59 pm

The Pi is a beast a emulation. I a Wii with a wode on it. Haven't played

What is a wode?

There are some awesome PC setups.
    Have you messed with any of the VMan stuff? If you on Windows there is some amazing stuff there.

I haven't seen VMan. But one thing I've seen not too long ago that I thought was pretty cool was Mednafen, a multi-system emulator. It looked like it also allows multi-player capability over the internet (though I had also seen other emulators that do that).

What did you end up using your Pi for?

I still haven't put it together yet, because I have another kit on order which should arrive 4 days from now - I had heard about an open-source music synthesizer software called Zynthian, and they also have hardware kits for the Raspberry Pi that include a custom case, audio ports, touch screen, etc. that basically let you turn a Raspberry Pi into a music synthesizer:
    https://shop.zynthian.org/page/showcase

I have a synthesizer already, but its LCD screen seems to be failing; I've contacted some shops to see if they can fix it, but from what I can tell, it may be difficult to even get replacement parts since it's discontinued now (which is a bummer).

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Win32
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Nightfox on Sat May 7 12:39:30 2022
    On 07 May 2022, Nightfox said the following...
    What is a wode?

It stand for Wii Optical Drive Emulator. Its a mini computer running linux that emulates the drive so you can back up and play your backups. https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wii_Optical_Drive_Emulator

I haven't seen VMan. But one thing I've seen not too long ago that I thought was pretty cool was Mednafen, a multi-system emulator. It
    looked like it also allows multi-player capability over the internet (though I had also seen other emulators that do that).

Might want to check it out This guy play testes the game and puts all the game art and a snip of the game play for every single game. He has put so much work in this its crazy. Here is a video showcasing the newest one.

https://youtu.be/8WxLAjLhqNE?t=1296

I still haven't put it together yet, because I have another kit on order which should arrive 4 days from now - I had heard about an open-source music synthesizer software called Zynthian, and they also have hardware kits for the Raspberry Pi that include a custom case, audio ports, touch screen, etc. that basically let you turn a Raspberry Pi into a music synthesizer: https://shop.zynthian.org/page/showcase

I have a synthesizer already, but its LCD screen seems to be failing;
    I've contacted some shops to see if they can fix it, but from what I can tell, it may be difficult to even get replacement parts since it's discontinued now (which is a bummer).

Nightfox

Sounds like a cool project. Going to put any music on the Quantum Radio?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Nightfox@21:1/137 to claw on Sat May 7 14:43:15 2022
    Re: Re: Price Piece in your collection.
    By: claw to Nightfox on Sat May 07 2022 12:39 pm

What is a wode?

It stand for Wii Optical Drive Emulator. Its a mini computer running linux that emulates the drive so you can back up and play your backups. https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wii_Optical_Drive_Emulator

Ah, interesting. I hadn't heard of that, but when I modded my Wii, the mod I used included the ability to copy Wii games from the optical discs to a hard drive, and it can play Wii games directly from the hard drive.

I have a synthesizer already, but its LCD screen seems to be
    failing; I've contacted some shops to see if they can fix it, but
    from what I can tell, it may be difficult to even get replacement
    parts since it's discontinued now (which is a bummer).

Sounds like a cool project. Going to put any music on the Quantum Radio?

Probably not. :)

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Win32
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to claw on Sat May 7 16:52:28 2022

I don't have a TON of retro kit, but I do have a few 386/486 machines - and a dozen or so Thinkpads from the early 2000s. Since I just got going, my fav piece of retro gear/collection is my trusty C=128. I have an awesome machine that NUKE [another BBSer] went thru and cleaned up... really happy w/ the purchase and I think he still sells C= hardware on eBay.

I installed JiffyDOS ROMs and a switch for turning it on/off... I have an SD2EIC which lets me easily play with GBs of C= software... I have period-correct joysticks and just all the add-ons that one needs to intereact with retro machines - I particularly love dialing in to C= BBSes using a WiFi Modem card; and I have this oversized Pelican case that holds all the kit perfectly, with documentation on JiffyDos/C= commands and... stuff that I forget after not playing w/ the system in a few months.

Its a badass collection, and I can throw the huge pelican case in my truck and be up and running at any retro get together in 15 minutes. :P Love my C= gear... yes, I'll be going after an Apple ][e at some point and have my eyes on a NEW MSX/2 build that is calling my name.

I make a customized Retro Pie image. I haven't yet.
    Was considering it but its pretty huge for a Pi image. Compressed I
    think its around 128G. You will need a 256G card to you it. I would
    put it out there but not sure if any one would want it.

Thats really neat - I love my PiBoy DMG and also play around w/ RetroPie builds, images and software in general. On 2o I've been releasing my game saves w/ ROMs for some of my favorites ; its nice to grab a ZIP, load the saves and be able to bounce around levels if I want...

I <3 the Pi for so much retro-emulation. I hope to get into MiSTeRs soon - IMO thats the way to go, but like you the versatility of a Pi keeps me coming back...

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbS>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to Nightfox on Sat May 7 16:55:30 2022
    It looked like it also allows multi-player capability over the internet (though I had also seen other emulators that do that).

Dude, I just started messing about w/ RetroArch network play... once you get it setup it just works and while that can be a little tough, I've had success connecting all sorts of systems! I've done it all in-house, tho, not actually connected to someone across the country - but that sure would be fun.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From Dr. What@21:1/203 to claw on Sun May 8 11:49:50 2022

I grew up with home computers. So I enjoy the ones from the start, but I also have a soft spot in my heart for some of the "failures" in the marketplace.

My most prized piece is a TRS-80 Model I. I actually have 2. An 8K Level I that was never upgraded/modded and a 16K Level II with only factory upgrades. The Level II is my favorite for both since it was the one that introduced me to computers and started a 35 year long career in software development.

But my favorite to play with today is a Commodore plus/4.

I do have a few emulation projects, but they are mostly to convert disk images from the net to something that will work with my real machines.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Rocket Town BBS (21:1/203)
  • From claw@21:1/210 to paulie420 on Sun May 8 15:53:10 2022
    I don't have a TON of retro kit, but I do have a few 386/486 machines - and a dozen or so Thinkpads from the early 2000s. Since I just got
    going, my fav piece of retro gear/collection is my trusty C=128. I have
    an awesome machine that NUKE [another BBSer] went thru and cleaned up... really happy w/ the purchase and I think he still sells C= hardware on eBay.

I installed JiffyDOS ROMs and a switch for turning it on/off... I have an SD2EIC which lets me easily play with GBs of C= software... I have period-correct joysticks and just all the add-ons that one needs to intereact with retro machines - I particularly love dialing in to C=
    BBSes using a WiFi Modem card; and I have this oversized Pelican case
    that holds all the kit perfectly, with documentation on JiffyDos/C= commands and... stuff that I forget after not playing w/ the system in a few months.

Its a badass collection, and I can throw the huge pelican case in my
    truck and be up and running at any retro get together in 15 minutes. :P Love my C= gear... yes, I'll be going after an Apple ][e at some point
    and have my eyes on a NEW MSX/2 build that is calling my name.

Thats really neat - I love my PiBoy DMG and also play around w/ RetroPie builds, images and software in general. On 2o I've been releasing my
    game saves w/ ROMs for some of my favorites ; its nice to grab a ZIP,
    load the saves and be able to bounce around levels if I want...

I <3 the Pi for so much retro-emulation. I hope to get into MiSTeRs soon
    - IMO thats the way to go, but like you the versatility of a Pi keeps me coming back...

Love it. I don't have a C128. Kinda want one but they still want a fair amount of $$$ for one. I wish I kept my old 486sx20 from back in the days. If even just to use it to dial in to a BBS like the old days. I had an ][c for the longest time but just don't think I remember enought about it to use it any other way than emulation. Love the Pi IMHO this is the new Commodore!

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From claw@21:1/210 to paulie420 on Sun May 8 15:55:45 2022
    Dude, I just started messing about w/ RetroArch network play... once you get it setup it just works and while that can be a little tough, I've
    had success connecting all sorts of systems! I've done it all in-house, tho, not actually connected to someone across the country - but that
    sure would be fun.

I have friends all over the country and I can confirm that this works perfectly fine. I use it on my Retro-Pie setup since I know all the roms are identical it works just fine. Only issues we found were on a few of the Mame games

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Dr. What@21:3/122 to claw on Sun May 8 12:47:00 2022
    claw wrote to All <=-

Do you retro on the Pi?

Sometimes. I have a PI3 running a TRS-80 emulator in a 3d printed TRS-80 Model I case.

... I'd love to, but my patent is pending.
    === MultiMail/Linux v0.52
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: Final Zone BBS - finalzone.ddns.net (21:3/122)
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Dr. What on Mon May 9 07:49:46 2022
    On 08 May 2022, Dr. What said the following...
    Sometimes. I have a PI3 running a TRS-80 emulator in a 3d printed
    TRS-80 Model I case.

Nice even added the 3D printed case. Love it! Every little bit that adds to the original experience is important. What do you play the most on it?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to claw on Fri May 13 01:15:00 2022
    Probably worth 2/3 of bugger all... I'm missing a IIgs ROM3 at this stage..

a Clone II+, still undergoing restoration, its being driven by an ATX power supply, and its 80col card is a dud..

Clone IIe with a variety of expansion cards...

Rom1 IIgs... also with a variety of bits n' pieces, still looking for a SCSI card for this one... or for Clone-E for that matter...

Better detail at http://pineapple.zapto.org/

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: A camel is a horse designed by a committee. (21:3/101)
  • From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to claw on Wed May 18 09:51:39 2022

I have been collecting since the 90s so I have a large collection. Highlights include:

Atari Falcon
    Atari ABC 386DXII (PC Compatible)
    Atari ABC N386SX (PC Compatible Laptop)
    Atari 800XE
    Commodore Amiga 3000
    Commodore PC20 (PC Compatible)
    Commodore 286LT (PC Compatible Laptop)
    Commodore SX-64
    Commodore 128D
    IBM 5120 (not PC Compatible)
    TRS-80 Farm Computer (Stripped down CoCo that connected online for farm reports)
    TRS-80 Model 12
    TRS-80 Model 16
    Panasonic JR-100

Those are a few I remember and the rarer units I have. Some point I will inventory everything.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: 8-Bit Classics (21:2/133)
  • From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to 8-Bit on Thu May 19 11:18:00 2022
    I have been collecting since the 90s so I have a large collection. Highlights include:

Commodore 128D
    [...]
    Commodore Amiga 3000

I've been keeping a eye out for a C128D, but they always go for stupid prices... %-(

I have a Amiga 3000, that's just needs a case, and they are even harder
    to find....

There was a message on eab, about a kit for the Checkmate case, to take a
    A3000 mb.. The down side with shipping was going to be $750 AUD.... Just
    a crazy thing for a case only....

\/orlon

--- MagickaBBS v0.15alpha (Linux/m68k)
    * Origin: Vorlon Empire (21:1/195.1)
  • From claw@21:1/210 to 8-Bit on Thu May 19 07:54:02 2022

Atari Falcon
    Atari ABC N386SX (PC Compatible Laptop)
    Atari 800XE
    Commodore Amiga 3000
    Commodore PC20 (PC Compatible)
    Commodore 286LT (PC Compatible Laptop)
    Commodore SX-64
    Commodore 128D
    IBM 5120 (not PC Compatible)
    TRS-80 Farm Computer (Stripped down CoCo that connected online for farm reports)
    TRS-80 Model 12
    TRS-80 Model 16
    Panasonic JR-100

Those are a few I remember and the rarer units I have. Some point I will inventory everything.

If you had to choose which one is the Prize piece?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw
    |20|15fsxNet/MRC Chat/Registered Doors!/50Nodes/No Time Use! Stay On!|16|07

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Thu May 19 07:55:15 2022
    On 19 May 2022, vorlon said the following...
    I've been keeping a eye out for a C128D, but they always go for stupid prices... %-(

Have you check out Raymond Computer? He has a pretty large storage of Amiga/Commodore stuff. If I remember they were going for like $100.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to vorlon on Thu May 19 15:04:09 2022

I picked up a couple large lots in the late 90s with a ton of Commodore equipment. I actually have a few 128D's, SX-64s, and more. 128's are beasts,
    I haven't run into a bad one yet. A bunch of 64's with bad chips of course.

There was a message on eab, about a kit for the Checkmate case, to take a A3000 mb.. The down side with shipping was going to be $750 AUD.... Just
    a crazy thing for a case only....

I have looked at picking up a Checkmate case but I am more into original unmodified devices. I know there is a big push enhancing retro computers but
    I think that takes away the joy.

• From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to claw on Thu May 19 15:11:06 2022
    If I was to choose, probably this one.

Probably not as valuable as some of the others, but it is definitely rarer
    and close to before Atari took a big dive into the abyss.

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Fri May 20 14:17:54 2022
    On 19 May 2022, vorlon said the following...
    I've been keeping a eye out for a C128D, but they always go
    for stupid prices... %-(

Have you check out Raymond Computer? He has a pretty large storage
    of Amiga/Commodore stuff. If I remember they were going for like
    $100.

I'm not in the USA, but Australia. So shipping is one big issue, plus we operate on the PAL video standard. I can't remember if the C128 has
    native support for both standards.

The Amiga 3000, has a jumpter to choose what standard to use.

\/orlon

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to 8-Bit on Fri May 20 14:23:36 2022
    I've been keeping a eye out for a C128D, but they always go
    for stupid prices... %-(

I picked up a couple large lots in the late 90s with a ton of
    Commodore equipment. I actually have a few 128D's, SX-64s, and
    more. 128's are beasts, I haven't run into a bad one yet. A bunch
    of 64's with bad chips of course.

Timing is eveything. I wish I'd never soled my supped up A2000, and kept
    it. But I could see the writing on the wall with C= going belly up.

Now twenty off years latter they are still going, with newut
    hardware commin out.....

There was a message on eab, about a kit for the Checkmate
    case, to take a A3000 mb.. The down side with shipping was
    going to be $750 AUD.... Just a crazy thing for a case
    only....

I have looked at picking up a Checkmate case but I am more into
    original unmodified devices. I know there is a big push enhancing
    retro computers but I think that takes away the joy.

My Amiga 3000 is sitting on the shelf naked, so any case if original or a remake would be welcome. Just not with the crazy prices... %-(

\/orlon

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Fri May 20 07:41:51 2022
    I'm not in the USA, but Australia. So shipping is one big issue, plus we operate on the PAL video standard. I can't remember if the C128 has
    native support for both standards.

\/orlon

Hmmm That would put a damper on it. Can't you use the VGA adapter? I know they make RCA to VGA adapter.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Fri May 20 07:47:18 2022
    On 20 May 2022, vorlon said the following...
    Timing is eveything. I wish I'd never soled my supped up A2000, and kept it. But I could see the writing on the wall with C= going belly up.

Now twenty off years latter they are still going, with newut
    hardware commin out.....

My Amiga 3000 is sitting on the shelf naked, so any case if original or a remake would be welcome. Just not with the crazy prices... %-(

\/orlon

Make your own case. Between 3D printing and a little wood work you can make a case pretty easily.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to vorlon on Fri May 20 09:28:02 2022
    Timing is eveything. I wish I'd never soled my supped up A2000, and kept it. But I could see the writing on the wall with C= going belly up.

When I moved out with my then girlfriend/now wife, I left all my retro computers at my parents house in the basement. Come to find out afterwards, they sold it all on me without my knowledge which probably leads to some of
    my collecting addiction. Here is what I had.

TI-99/4a (first computer)
    Atari 800XL & 1050 (paid for by myself before I had a job).
    Commodore 64 & 1541 (bought said, working, was not so I had to get repaired) Amiga 1000

After that I bought a Packard Bell computer and ran a Wildcat BBS for a year
    or two off of it.

• From claw@21:1/210 to 8-Bit on Fri May 20 17:48:01 2022
    On 20 May 2022, 8-Bit said the following...
    Timing is eveything. I wish I'd never soled my supped up A2000, and k it. But I could see the writing on the wall with C= going belly up.

When I moved out with my then girlfriend/now wife, I left all my retro computers at my parents house in the basement. Come to find out afterwards, they sold it all on me without my knowledge which probably leads to some of my collecting addiction. Here is what I had.

TI-99/4a (first computer)
    Atari 800XL & 1050 (paid for by myself before I had a job).
    Commodore 64 & 1541 (bought said, working, was not so I had to get repaired) Amiga 1000

After that I bought a Packard Bell computer and ran a Wildcat BBS for a year or two off of it.

Wow thats not an easy pill to swallow sorry man. Have you regained anything?

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Sat May 21 10:29:26 2022
    I'm not in the USA, but Australia. So shipping is one big
    issue, plus we operate on the PAL video standard. I can't
    remember if the C128 has native support for both standards.

Hmmm That would put a damper on it. Can't you use the VGA adapter?
    I know they make RCA to VGA adapter.

I'm using the VGA port on the A3000 that the scandoubler has it's output
    on. So most screens work. I've got as 19" LCD on it.

\/orlon

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Sat May 21 10:32:38 2022
    My Amiga 3000 is sitting on the shelf naked, so any case if
    original or a remake would be welcome. Just not with the
    crazy prices... %-(

Make your own case. Between 3D printing and a little wood work you
    can make a case pretty easily.

My skills in that area are not the best...... #-(

So it's a purchase one already made type of thing... #-/

\/orlon

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to 8-Bit on Sat May 21 10:39:58 2022

When I moved out with my then girlfriend/now wife, I left all my
    retro computers at my parents house in the basement. Come to find
    out afterwards, they sold it all on me without my knowledge which
    probably leads to some of my collecting addiction. Here is what I

I bet you were greatly annoyed at that! I know I would be, after
    collecting for many years.

Commodore 64 & 1541 (bought said, working, was not so I had to get

My first computer was a C64! I sold it latter when the Amiga 2000 was
    out, and used the money towards that. $2000 AUD worth, with the int 3.5"
    drive and a external.

Amiga 1000

For some reason there are a number of them on Ebay AU right now.

\/orlon

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Sat May 21 10:59:52 2022
    I'm using the VGA port on the A3000 that the scandoubler has it's output on. So most screens work. I've got as 19" LCD on it.

\/orlon

Then why would it matter if you get a US one? VGA is VGA.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Sat May 21 11:01:12 2022
    On 21 May 2022, vorlon said the following...
    My skills in that area are not the best...... #-(

So it's a purchase one already made type of thing... #-/

\/orlon

Ok time to break out the old erector sets.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Sat May 21 11:02:48 2022
    Amiga 1000

\/orlon

Snap one up!. If you open the top cover of a 1000. All the signatures of the designers are in side.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Sun May 22 10:29:26 2022
    I'm using the VGA port on the A3000 that the scandoubler has
    it's output on. So most screens work. I've got as 19" LCD on
    it.
    Then why would it matter if you get a US one? VGA is VGA.

At the time I had to use that jumper, and a PAL C= 1084 screen! The LCD monitors I had around then (2006) didn't like the A3000's video output.

I still have my first 17" Diamondview screen from then, but it's now used
    as a workshop screen and not on my main machines.

\/orlon

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Sun May 22 10:37:38 2022
    Amiga 1000
    For some reason there are a number of them on Ebay AU right
    now.
    Snap one up!. If you open the top cover of a 1000. All the
    signatures of the designers are in side.

Yes I know about those, but I just don't have a intrest in a A1000.
    I'd also then face the same problem of a working compatable display, as
    my C= 1084 died last year.

That is one of the reason's for liking the A3000, with it's built in scandoubler with vga out.

\/orlon

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to vorlon on Sun May 22 13:32:00 2022
    At the time I had to use that jumper, and a PAL C= 1084 screen! The LCD monitors I had around then (2006) didn't like the A3000's video output.

The Apple IIs all suffer from non standard video, in dem good ol' days it was often easiest to feed the composite through a VCR or a ntsc/pal converter in either direction... in either case it would clean up the signal enough to get
    a picture. :)

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to vorlon on Sun May 22 13:36:00 2022
    my C= 1084 died last year.

That is one of the reason's for liking the A3000, with it's built in scandoubler with vga out.

Ponder... am I right in assuming its a 15Khz signal? There used to be some scan rate doublers for.. the IIgs... it was a pretty simple setup... used a
    555 if I remember right... basically took the incoming sync as a trigger and then fired a second synch signal at half way... results varied wildly
    depending on your monitot... but if you're interested I'll see if I can find its schematic...

Spec

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to Spectre on Mon May 23 14:06:54 2022
    Hi Spectre,

That is one of the reason's for liking the A3000, with it's
    built in scandoubler with vga out.

Ponder... am I right in assuming its a 15Khz signal? There used to
    be some scan rate doublers for.. the IIgs... it was a pretty simple

Yes those signal's are 15khz. I have a one of these:

http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/scanmagicext

It say's will work with any Amiga, but my Amiga 4000 hates it with a
    passion. #-/

\/orlon

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to vorlon on Mon May 23 18:46:00 2022
    Yes those signal's are 15khz. I have a one of these: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/scanmagicext

Interesting looking beast.. the thing I know is a lot simpler, it literally just does the synh pulse with TTL style plumbing. It only has a handful of components and the example used a bit of vero board for it.

Spec

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to Spectre on Tue May 24 12:18:50 2022
    Yes those signal's are 15khz. I have a one of these: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/scanmagicext

Interesting looking beast.. the thing I know is a lot simpler, it literally just does the synh pulse with TTL style plumbing. It
    only has a handful of components and the example used a bit of vero
    board for it.

That one is more than just a scandoubler. It's also a flicker fixer.
    It's got ram chips on it, and it re-builds the image.

\/orlon

• From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to claw on Tue May 24 10:27:54 2022
    Wow thats not an easy pill to swallow sorry man. Have you regained anything?

Of the original equipment, no. But I have purchased everything I lost plus additional items. Well except the Packard Bell. I am into original IBM early models and have a 5150, 5155, 5160, and a PS2. Compaq luggable and a few others. My goal is to have a large room displaying everything at some point. Just waiting to get some cash to finish my basement to do so.

• From 8-Bit@21:2/133 to vorlon on Tue May 24 10:31:43 2022
    Commodore 64 & 1541 (bought said, working, was not so I had to get

My first computer was a C64! I sold it latter when the Amiga 2000 was
    out, and used the money towards that. $2000 AUD worth, with the int 3.5" drive and a external.
    Nice. I have the 2000 and stupidly had a 2500 but switched jobs and left a bunch of stuff at my old house and that was a item. If only I had more room
    in my Uhaul.

Amiga 1000

The 1000 is a nice machine. I picked up a Parceiro last year that gave the
    1000 booting options from it with an SD slot and the creator made it so you
    can boot OS 3.1 on it as well.

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to 8-Bit on Tue May 24 11:28:56 2022
    When I moved out with my then girlfriend/now wife, I left all my retro computers at my parents house in the basement. Come to find out afterwards, they sold it all on me without my knowledge which probably leads to some of my collecting addiction. Here is what I had.

OMG, ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to 8-Bit on Thu May 26 11:53:32 2022
    My first computer was a C64! I sold it latter when the Amiga
    2000 was out, and used the money towards that. $2000 AUD
    worth, with the int 3.5" drive and a external.
    Nice. I have the 2000 and stupidly had a 2500 but switched jobs and
    left a bunch of stuff at my old house and that was a item. If only
    I had more room in my Uhaul.

I wanted to get a A2000, as it had more expasion abilities. I added a GVP
    Combo card (33Mhz 68030 Accelerator, 20Mb SCSI HD, 2 or 4Mb of ram), ASDG
    Dual high speed sereial card.

Amiga 1000
    For some reason there are a number of them on Ebay AU right
    now.
    The 1000 is a nice machine. I picked up a Parceiro last year that
    gave the 1000 booting options from it with an SD slot and the
    creator made it so you can boot OS 3.1 on it as well.

A friend got a Amiga 1000, and then after seeing another with a Amiga
    500. I knoew I wanted one, and was willing to save/spend more to get a
    bigger system.

\/orlon

• From claw@21:1/210 to vorlon on Thu May 26 08:00:13 2022
    On 26 May 2022, vorlon said the following...
    I wanted to get a A2000, as it had more expasion abilities. I added a GVP Combo card (33Mhz 68030 Accelerator, 20Mb SCSI HD, 2 or 4Mb of ram), ASDG Dual high speed sereial card.
    A friend got a Amiga 1000, and then after seeing another with a Amiga
    500. I knoew I wanted one, and was willing to save/spend more to get a bigger system.

I have a 1200 that is my price piece so I get it. I had 2 CD32s but people that are collectors begged for them and since its basically a 1200 with a CD I let them go. Had a SX1 for one of them.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to claw on Sat May 28 20:24:04 2022

I wanted to get a A2000, as it had more expasion abilities. I
    added a GVP Combo card (33Mhz 68030 Accelerator, 20Mb SCSI HD,
    2 or 4Mb of ram), ASDG Dual high speed sereial card.
    A friend got a Amiga 1000, and then after seeing another with
    a Amiga 500. I knoew I wanted one, and was willing to
    save/spend more to get a bigger system.

I have a 1200 that is my price piece so I get it. I had 2 CD32s
    but people that are collectors begged for them and since its
    basically a 1200 with a CD I let them go. Had a SX1 for one of

I regretted selling my A2000 in the later part of the 2000's. New things started to appear to re-vive the Amiga's.

Yeh, C= failed with the CD32. They could have made it so much better.

\/orlon