• Bluewave 2.30/Multimail

From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to All on Mon May 9 02:25:00 2022
    Have been using Bluewave 2.30 for OS/2...since I found the registration letter I got in 1996. Right now...went back to Multimail for OS/2 to run a test here to see if my messages for the past couple of days have been posting...which I believe have been with Multimail.

If you can find one of my messages I wrote using Bluewave...could you please post the tag/origin line showing the version of software I've been using.

If the Bluewave messages have gone because of the age of the software...will stick with Multimail.

Thanx!

... Got my tie caught in the fax... Suddenly I was in L.A.
    --- MultiMail/OS2 v0.52
    * Origin: fsxNet FTN<>QWK Gateway (21:4/10)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to ACMEBBS on Mon May 9 03:08:36 2022
    If the Bluewave messages have gone because of the age of the software...will stick with Multimail.

MultiMail is a good choice. It's what I use for offline.

BlueWave is also doable but you'll need the Y2K update for it since 2.30 is Y2K broken without it. Things get out of alignment but with the update it does work.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Al on Mon May 9 12:41:00 2022
    Al wrote to ACMEBBS <=-

MultiMail is a good choice. It's what I use for offline.

Love that it is still being developed for OS/2-ArcaOS.

BlueWave is also doable but you'll need the Y2K update for it since
    2.30 is Y2K broken without it. Things get out of alignment but with the update it does work.

Thank you for the information! Will be heading out to look for the update.

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"
    --- MultiMail/OS2 v0.52
    * Origin: fsxNet FTN<>QWK Gateway (21:4/10)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to ACMEBBS on Mon May 9 13:42:10 2022
    Thank you for the information! Will be heading out to look for the update.

The most recent update can be found as Bw_Y2K2.Zip. There is no precompiled OS/2 update but there is a .CMD file included. It needs change.com also included in the archive as CHANGE13.ZIP available and ready to run.

I havn't tried it myself on the OS/2 version but it look doable. It can be found here..

ftp://trmb.ca/bbs/bluewave/Bw_Y2K2.Zip

The ftp server here will log you in in ascii mode so if you use it here, be sure to switch to binary mode before transfer or you won't be able to open the file you get.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From Warpslide@21:3/110 to ACMEBBS on Mon May 9 18:10:15 2022
    Quoting Acmebbs to All <=-

If the Bluewave messages have gone because of the age of the software ...will stick with Multimail.

I'm able to upload mail from BlueWave in Mystic (both DOS and 386 versions)
    ok, so I'm not sure if it's specifically something to do with the OS/2
    version?

Jay

... Why can't cows wear sandals? Because they lactose
    ___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A48 2022/04/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Northern Realms (21:3/110)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to Warpslide on Mon May 9 16:00:00 2022
    I'm able to upload mail from BlueWave in Mystic (both DOS and 386 versions) ok, so I'm not sure if it's specifically something to do with the OS/2 version?

This Y2K bug affects all the BW versions as far as I know. I haven't actually used BW in years so I am not sure.

There is also a BW rep fix solution but you have to run it on all .new or .rep files before uploading.

Are you using the standard download of BW 2.3 without any fix applied and it works OK for you?

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
  • From Warpslide@21:3/110.2 to Al on Mon May 9 19:30:58 2022
    *** Quoting Al from a message to Warpslide ***

This Y2K bug affects all the BW versions as far as I know. I haven't actually used BW in years so I am not sure.

Are you using the standard download of BW 2.3 without any fix applied
    and it works OK for you?

Sorry, I should have mentioned I applied the Y2K patch. After applying that everything seems to work all hunky-dory.

Jay

... Constipation is the thief of time. Diarrhoea waits for no man

--- Telegard v3.09.g2-sp4/mL
    * Origin: Northern Realms/TG (21:3/110.2)