• qico and nodelist flags

From Oli@21:3/102 to All on Sat May 2 12:13:16 2020
    I tried to understand the qico source code, but C is a weird language ;).

I wonder which nodelist flags are supported by qico and it's nodelist compiler and which flags can be used in "if" blocks. I would like to use qico to tunnel the connection over TLS or connect to a Tor hidden service. Something like:

if IBNO: socks 127.0.0.1:9050 *
    if IBNS: socks 127.0.0.1:9080 *

I also wonder how difficult it would be to add wildcard matching to host names.

if host *.onion
    socks 127.0.0.1:9050 *
    endif

---
    * Origin: (21:3/102)
  • From alterego@21:2/116 to Oli on Sat May 2 21:04:36 2020
    Re: qico and nodelist flags
    By: Oli to All on Sat May 02 2020 12:13 pm

I wonder which nodelist flags are supported by qico and it's nodelist compiler and which flags can be used in "if" blocks. I would like to use qico to tunnel the connection over TLS or connect to a Tor hidden service.

While I dont know the code that well, I did figure out that the logic parsing of the config file is done using flex/bison. I dont know enough about those libraries on what exact role they play.

So to do what you want I think should be quite easy, since I imagine all the ground work has been done to integrate with them.

...лоег

... Monday is a hard way to spend one-seventh of your life.
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (21:2/116)
  • From Oli@21:3/102 to alterego on Sat May 2 14:54:24 2020
    alterego wrote (2020-05-02):

Re: qico and nodelist flags
    By: Oli to All on Sat May 02 2020 12:13 pm

I wonder which nodelist flags are supported by qico and it's
    nodelist compiler and which flags can be used in "if" blocks. I
    would like to use qico to tunnel the connection over TLS or connect
    to a Tor hidden service.

While I dont know the code that well, I did figure out that the logic parsing of the config file is done using flex/bison. I dont know enough about those libraries on what exact role they play.

So to do what you want I think should be quite easy, since I imagine all the ground work has been done to integrate with them.

Damn, I think I already found the first bug. qico is sometimes sending clear text passwords in outgoing connections, instead of CRAM-MD5. This seems to happen randomly without any clear pattern (but maybe I don't recognize the pattern). I disabled "plain authentication" for binkp in the config. Only tested with 21:3/100 (binkd 1.1a-101). I also saw qico omitting the "OPT CRAM-MD5-..." when I connected with netcat, but I cannot reproduce it anymore.

---
    * Origin: (21:3/102)