• 1/100 hpt problems !!!!

From Oli@21:1/151 to All on Wed Dec 25 12:23:20 2019
    it seems in the net1 transition to hpt the old config got lost. i'm now getting

echoareas that i don't want and already get via 3/100. i also cannot unlink the

areas, because areafix doesn't accept my password. this means that some messages don't get delivered, because 3/100 already sees it in the seen-by

i'm now putting 1/100 as an additional uplink to 3/100 in my crashnail.prefs. if it produces dupes and loops, deal with it ....

* Origin: 🌈 (21:1/151)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Oli on Thu Dec 26 09:55:32 2019
    On 25 Dec 2019 at 12:23p, Oli pondered and said...

it seems in the net1 transition to hpt the old config got lost. i'm now getting echoareas that i don't want and already get via 3/100. i also cannot unlink the areas, because areafix doesn't accept my password.
    this means that some messages don't get delivered, because 3/100 already sees it in the seen-by

Hi Oliver

I just replied to your netmail dated 24 December. I've been busy with
    visiting family and the holiday season over the last two days. It's now early on my 26 December and I'm just catching up now on echomail and netmail.

I've sent you what I understand is the current password we use for 1/100 and this should allow you to update your feed settings. If you continue to have problems let me know and I can look in to it further for you.

At the time you linked with 3/100 I recall it was when you reported you were experiencing missing packets from 1/100 and wanted to debug things further. That led me to do a bunch of tests/work at 1/100 to try and resolve the
    mystery of the MIA packets for you by first removing the Mystic BinkP server from the equation.

In our follow-up discussions my impression from you was that problem had been resolved. If this is not the case do let me know and I can look into it further. But if things are sorted I'd ask that you pull your feed from 1/100
    as that's the NET you're currently resident in.

I've also updated the 1/100 HUB to HPT in part to learn how to set it up and run it, but also to try and address some other issues Al etc. have flagged as concerns with the way MUTIL 1.12 A43 is producing SEEN-BY lines and/or modifying content tossed by it.

When I added HPT I did opt to link all nodes to all echos so apologies if
    that impacted on you... but given your currently pulling echos from another net it's not surprising to read your report of dupes.

i'm now putting 1/100 as an additional uplink to 3/100 in my crashnail.prefs. if it produces dupes and loops, deal with it ....

Gotta say this comes across as unnecessarily aggressive in tone. Perhaps
    that's not your intent. But this is a hobby, it's the holiday season, and if you took a feed from just 1/100 (which I have done quite a bit of work on to addresses concerns you raised) then you would not be facing any dupes.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)