• Welcome back to the light!

From rmurray@21:1/235 to Avon on Thu Aug 1 09:07:43 2024
    Yes indeed... Welcome back to the light!

Sorry but I don't know if you said it Avon. But these are power outages caused by what?

Here in Quebec I live in area that has days when it is very windy from the South or the North. And in winter it is because of wet snow and ice on the electric wires. Which makes tree branches fall on the electric wires on the poles.

So since I don't know New Zealand. I don't know what causes your outages in this part of the world.

It's funny... BBS used to be used to bring local people together. And now it's to bring together the BBS of the planet! :)

SysOp rmurray --- "VA2RFC BBS" --- Les M‚chins, Qu‚bec Canada
    Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Debian 12/x64) Telnet va2rfcbbs.photorm.net:23

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: VA2RFC BBS (21:1/235)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to rmurray on Fri Aug 2 09:11:13 2024
    On 01 Aug 2024 at 09:07a, rmurray pondered and said...

Yes indeed... Welcome back to the light!

the irony is it's winter here and although the winter solstice?? has come and gone it still get dark here around 4.30pm and sunrise is not until around 8am at the moment :)

Sorry but I don't know if you said it Avon. But these are power outages caused by what?

this was self inflicted as I had some electrical work taking place at my home.

Here in Quebec I live in area that has days when it is very windy from
    the South or the North. And in winter it is because of wet snow and ice on the electric wires. Which makes tree branches fall on the electric wires on the poles.

it's not too bad here in Dunedin but we do get cold southern blasts of air / poor weather straight up on to us from Antarctica.

So since I don't know New Zealand. I don't know what causes your
    outages in this part of the world.

I'm down on the lower east cost of the South Island. The South Island is less populated than the North Island and generally the colder end of the country :)

It's funny... BBS used to be used to bring local people together. And now it's to bring together the BBS of the planet! :)

I agree :)

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)