• QWK Setup

From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to All on Tue May 10 19:57:00 2022
    Have followed the steps to setup QWK networking with Mystic & have attempted to set up Telegard/Renegade under OS/2-ArcaOS. No matter what the software is...the software does not see the QWK packets I've downloaded. On the other hand...have no problem with reading the same packets with Bluewave/Multimail.

With Renegade/TG...the name of the individual forum is cut off at eight letters...
    while Mystic allows me to enter the full name of the forum. With Mystic as well...
    when I attempt to use QWKPOLL...it will dial out/connect...but nothing happens but disconnecting.

Has anyone run across this as well? Being bald for many years...don't have any more hair to lose in attempting to figure this out. If this is something
    asy...
    imagine Homer faceplanting.

Thanks!

... The number you have dailed...Nine-one-one...has been changed.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: fsxNet FTN<>QWK Gateway (21:4/10)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to ACMEBBS on Sat May 14 12:06:27 2022
    On 10 May 2022 at 07:57p, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

Have followed the steps to setup QWK networking with Mystic & have attempted to set up Telegard/Renegade under OS/2-ArcaOS. No matter what the software is...the software does not see the QWK packets I've downloaded. On the other hand...have no problem with reading the same packets with Bluewave/Multimail.

this may be better posted / generate help if aired in the Mystic or BBS echos...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Avon on Sat May 14 00:24:00 2022
    Avon wrote to ACMEBBS <=-

On 10 May 2022 at 07:57p, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

this may be better posted / generate help if aired in the Mystic or
    BBS echos...

Thank you! Will do so.

Hope the families are doing okay.
    ... Got my tie caught in the fax... Suddenly I was in L.A.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to ACMEBBS on Sun May 15 11:48:46 2022
    On 14 May 2022 at 12:24a, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

this may be better posted / generate help if aired in the Mystic or BBS echos...

Thank you! Will do so.

Thanks :) May as well give some of the other echos some traffic. I am pondering about removing some because of the relatively low levels of traffic. The number of echos perhaps swung too widely towards more required that is/was needed? Not sure.

My immediate family is well my parents are both not good, mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the last few weeks, I'd say she is middle stage. My dad is coming off the back of some cancer treatment but seems to be doing OK. They live far enough away that to visit them requires flying and days away from work/home... but I think I will be doing more of that travel over the next 6-12 months as birthdays and other things roll around :)

Hope all is well with you too.

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Avon on Sun May 15 00:39:00 2022
    Avon wrote to ACMEBBS <=-

On 14 May 2022 at 12:24a, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

Thank you! Will do so.

Thanks :) May as well give some of the other echos some traffic. I am pondering about removing some because of the relatively low levels of traffic. The number of echos perhaps swung too widely towards more required that is/was needed? Not sure.

Part of the issue was not totally understanding this software. Once I figured it out on how to post in bases without something there.

My immediate family is well my parents are both not good, mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the last few weeks, I'd say she is middle stage.

Man...hang in there. Used to work in a care home for adults when I first moved here. One of the residents was a guy in his early 40's whose brain was disappearing every year. They would do scans every year or so & find more & more was just a blob of darkness the older he got.

My dad is coming off the back of some cancer treatment but seems
    to be doing OK.

That's good!

They live far enough away that to visit them requires
    flying and days away from work/home... but I think I will be doing more
    of that travel over the next 6-12 months as birthdays and other things roll around :)

Make sure you create great memories with both of them. Take a ton of pix/video. Wished I had done so the last months with my cat. She was the only family I ever had.

Actually doing decent...especially with the new manager at work. We dodged a bullet on getting someone who works with us...rather than sitting in an office all night long doing nothing. We all were talking about finding another job...if the loser they were interviewing was the one who got the job. The new manager is one of the hardest worker I've seen as well as one of the easiest persons to work around.

... Gone crazy, be back later, please leave message.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Avon on Sun May 15 12:40:05 2022
    On 15 May 2022, Avon said the following...
    My immediate family is well my parents are both not good, mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the last few weeks, I'd say she is middle stage. My dad is coming off the back of some cancer treatment but seems
    to be doing OK. They live far enough away that to visit them requires flying and days away from work/home... but I think I will be doing more
    of that travel over the next 6-12 months as birthdays and other things roll around :)

I'm so sorry to hear this. If theres anything we can do to at least lighten your load on this side of things let us no. I'm sure I speak for the majority that we all appreciate your work on the network and don't mind stepping up a bit if there is anything we can do to help with moderation.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw
    |16|14Sysop |12Noverdu |14BBS |04(|14Noverdu.com|04)
    |10Standard Ports for SSH/Telnet Web/HTTP://|14Noverdu.com:808
    |20|15fsxNet/MRC Chat/Registered Doors!/50Nodes/No Time Use! Stay On!|16|07

* Origin: Noverdu BBS (21:1/210)