• Re: Missing null on rescan

From Nigel Reed@21:2/101 to g00r00 on Thu Feb 28 00:55:54 2019
    Re: Re: Missing null on rescan
    By: g00r00 to Nigel Reed on Tue Feb 26 2019 05:34 pm

I reported it here some months ago. Avon acknowledged it.

He's not the author, so this probably happened when I was away for a few months and it slipped through the cracks. This is the first I remember hearing about it. :(

I know he's not but he said he'd mention it to you. I wasn't sure if it was sorted and my uplink hadn't updated or if it was still a bug.

It was fixed a couple hours after I saw your message so people have to option to upgrade to A43 test release now to fix it or they can wait for the full A43 release which may not be for a month or so.

Sure, it's an easy fix when it happens, and it's only during a rescan so it's not something you do on a regular basis. I guess a lot of people just assume something is bad and move on, I like to try and figure out why stuff is bad.

Thanks for the report that was a pretty obscure bug that has probably existed for many years! Mystic is so broadly used for echomail these days so I also try to be on top of anything echomail related that pops up.

Sometimes you only find bugs in your system when using other software. It'd be rather selfish to keep it to myself and hope people who found bugs when connecting to a synchronet board would be as courtious. I know for some there's a Sync v Mystic thing like there's a Mac v Windows thing :)
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
    * Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (21:2/101)