• Damn Menu/Light Bars

From The Godfather@21:4/156 to All on Mon Apr 20 23:48:34 2020
    Ok,

So I made an ANSI main menu and am simply trying to get the menu commands to populate where I want them, and with light bar controls. It's not happening, and I'm wondering if it's possible without a mod?

I tried locating the .ans under "Display name" within the /s function of menu editior. That completely disabled light bars(?) unless I"m doing something wrong.

When I try to load a .ans or .asc from the message header option, it
    literally just displays the file name instead of the ANSI when the main menu commands are displayed.

In addition, I wanted to reduce the clutter of the main menu, and created a
    new menu with "like" functions relating to email and chat. All works fine. However, when I try the menu type options within /s: "Standard" everything works fine. If I use "Light Bar / Prompt" everything works fine but the options scroll at the prompt, Light bar or Light bar Matrix, the screen goes black and crashes to DOS.

Any tips/suggestions/clarity would be appreciated. I do not MOD, yes, so I'm likely trying to perform one within menu editor. But if anyone has suggestions, I've struggled to get light bar working on even pre-set basic menus such as logoff.

Thank you!

GF

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The ROCK BBS III - therockbbs.net - TELNET:10023 (21:4/156)
  • From sPINOZa@21:1/116 to The Godfather on Tue Apr 21 10:17:52 2020
    So I made an ANSI main menu and am simply trying to get the menu
    commands to populate where I want them, and with light bar controls.
    It's not happening, and I'm wondering if it's possible without a mod?

No mod(s) needed.

When I try to load a .ans or .asc from the message header option, it literally just displays the file name instead of the ANSI when the main menu commands are displayed.

Without |DF it is plain text you will get -> super flexible !!

In addition, I wanted to reduce the clutter of the main menu, and
    created a new menu with "like" functions relating to email and chat.
    All works fine. However, when I try the menu type options within /s: "Standard" everything works fine.

Yes, start with a basic menu, 4 items, 2 per column and try to get it working.

If I use "Light Bar / Promp" everything works fine but the options scroll at the prompt,

This is according to the specifications ......, from the wiki:

Searchlight-style. The menu options can be scrolled through at the prompt location by using the arrow keys or typing in hotkeys to jump quickly to a selection.

Light bar Matrix, the screen goes black and crashes to DOS.

This one requires more configuration, from the wiki:

Allows you to define the jumps between menu options based on the user's
    input. It is more complicated to set up but allows for more intricate control over how menu input behaves. The Up, Down, Left, Right, Home, Escape, Tab, PageUp, PageDown, and End fields can link to a command ID found in the menu. When the user presses one of the keys while the command option is selected, Mystic will jump to the command ID defined for that key. A series of menu commands can also be defined for each specific key press, and will be
    executed prior to jumping to the defined command ID.

Any tips/suggestions/clarity would be appreciated.

Read the manual/wiki, see:

http://wiki.mysticbbs.com/doku.php?id=menus

GtX!
    sPINOZa

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/04/13 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: -.sOUNDGARDEn.- (21:1/116)