• litebars - syncterm v netrunner

From esc@21:1/112 to All on Sun Dec 30 16:00:04 2018
    Hey guys,

I noticed an odd thing with my mystic board. When I use syncterm as my telnet client, the litebars are one row of the y axis "off" from where they should
    be. When I use netrunner they appear as expected.

This doesn't happen with my daydream bbs, the litebars look as expected on
    both syncterm and netrunner.

I also notice piranha (Caphood's board) appears to suffer from this as well. Anyone have any ideas?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)
  • From apam@21:1/125 to esc on Mon Dec 31 08:17:12 2018
    Hey guys,

I noticed an odd thing with my mystic board. When I use syncterm as
    my telnet client, the litebars are one row of the y axis "off" from
    where they should be. When I use netrunner they appear as expected.

Might be due to the status bar, have you tried disabling that before
    connecting in syncterm?

Andrew

--- MagickaBBS v0.12alpha (Linux/x86_64)
    * Origin: The Fat Sandwich - sandwich.hopto.org:2023 (21:1/125)
  • From esc@21:1/112 to apam on Sun Dec 30 18:59:30 2018
    I noticed an odd thing with my mystic board. When I use syncterm as
    my telnet client, the litebars are one row of the y axis "off" from where they should be. When I use netrunner they appear as expected.

Might be due to the status bar, have you tried disabling that before connecting in syncterm?

Nope, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• From NuSkooler@21:1/121 to esc on Sun Dec 30 17:52:38 2018
    Twas Sunday, December 30th when esc said...
    I noticed an odd thing with my mystic board. When I use syncterm as my telnet client, the litebars are one row of the y axis "off" from where they should be. When I use netrunner they appear as expected.

FWIW I have this issue with ENiGMA as well with SyncTERM when the status bar is
    on. IIRC the reporting of term size is off-by-one while most other terminals continue to report the "true" size & just overlay a bar. ...at least, thats what I remember. It's on my ToDo list to look into further.

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.9-alpha (linux; x64; 10.13.0)
    * Origin: Xibalba -+- xibalba.l33t.codes:44510 (21:1/121)
  • From esc@21:1/112 to NuSkooler on Sun Dec 30 21:31:10 2018
    I noticed an odd thing with my mystic board. When I use syncterm as m telnet client, the litebars are one row of the y axis "off" from wher they should be. When I use netrunner they appear as expected.

FWIW I have this issue with ENiGMA as well with SyncTERM when the status bar is on. IIRC the reporting of term size is off-by-one while most
    other terminals continue to report the "true" size & just overlay a bar. ...at least, thats what I remember. It's on my ToDo list to look into further.

Yep, turning the status bar off fixed it. Very strange. I wonder why this doesn't affect my daydream board at all? Maybe because most of my screens are less than 24 lines long?