• Corona Tracker v2; switching back to ANSI/CP437..

From paulie420@21:2/150 to All on Thu Jul 9 23:05:56 2020
    I've installed the Corona Tracker v2 mod...

The .ANS that is created uses [ESC CODE]0;42 D to switch fonts to Amiga Topaz in SyncTerm... the Corona Tracker .ANS is displayed perfectly, in Amiga glory...

Then, the publisher says to display the same [ESC CODE]0;42 D to switch it back... (Actually, the installation.txt just says to display "D".. but
    anyway, neither are working..)

This was supposed to be updated in v2 to require no input from the
    sysop-side, but currently the publisher doesn't think v2 has the updated code in the script.

Anyway, after I display the ctracker_mystic.ans file, I've tried both DISPLAY LINE OF TEXT, and every iteration of ESC0;42 D -- using the hex, /033 for ESC... trying differnet spaces and ways; but nothing I do changes the font back.. AND tried to display A FILE, amiga.ans that I created with the [ESC CODE]0;42 D in IT...

if using SyncTerm, the .ANS switches to Amiga font to display the
    corona tracker ansi; but then doesn't switch back and everything else after
    is messed up, displaying wrong characters because its stuck in Amiga mode..

(Or at least I think..)

Anyone have any suggestions? I *really* like the corona tracker mod, and it looks great with the Amiga font... I know I could write a .sh and strip the amiga code that ENTERS into that font... but the .ANS wouldn't look as cool
    as it does, so I don't want to do that.

And I'm not a pro, but man... I think I've done everything correctly. Maybe
    I'm entering the wrong [ESC CODE] that Mystic comprehends... or just
    something wrong. ??

pAULIE42o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: American Pi BBS (21:2/150)
  • From stizzed@21:4/156 to paulie420 on Tue Jul 14 07:46:50 2020
    On |1509 Jul 2020|08, |15paulie420 |08said the following...

Then, the publisher says to display the same [ESC CODE]0;42 D to switch
    it back... (Actually, the installation.txt just says to display "D".. but anyway, neither are working..)

Anyone have any suggestions? I *really* like the corona tracker mod, and it looks great with the Amiga font... I know I could write a .sh and
    strip the amiga code that ENTERS into that font... but the .ANS wouldn't look as cool as it does, so I don't want to do that.

Put the escape codes in a separate file and display then with Mystic (GD) immediately after the ctracker ansi.

Hope this helps!

.\\ichael Batts
    a.k.a. stizzed (because, why not?)
    SysOp, The ROCK BBS III

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/06/11 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The ROCK III - therockbbs.net - TELNET:10023 (21:4/156)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to stizzed on Tue Jul 14 06:47:00 2020
    On 14 Jul 2020, stizzed said the following...

On 09 Jul 2020, paulie420 said the following...

Then, the publisher says to display the same [ESC CODE]0;42 D to swit it back... (Actually, the installation.txt just says to display "D".. anyway, neither are working..)

Anyone have any suggestions? I *really* like the corona tracker mod, it looks great with the Amiga font... I know I could write a .sh and strip the amiga code that ENTERS into that font... but the .ANS would look as cool as it does, so I don't want to do that.

Put the escape codes in a separate file and display then with Mystic (GD) immediately after the ctracker ansi.

Hope this helps!

.\\ichael Batts
    a.k.a. stizzed (because, why not?)
    SysOp, The ROCK BBS III

Yep, I got it. I was using 0;40 D and it was supposed to be 0;0 D...
    I am going to start using this method to incorporate SOME amiga fonts mixed with IBM on my board.... so now I need to learn ALL those codes. :P

Should be easy enough, I was just learning HOW. Thanks for your help kind sir.

pAULIE42o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: American Pi BBS (21:2/150)
  • From PhazeVektor@21:3/143 to paulie420 on Thu Jun 3 00:03:01 2021
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I came across this today after having struggled with it a few weeks prior.

I've installed the Corona Tracker v2 mod...

The .ANS that is created uses [ESC CODE]0;42 D to switch fonts to Amiga /033 for ESC... trying differnet spaces and ways; but nothing I do
    changes the font back.. AND tried to display A FILE, amiga.ans that I

if using SyncTerm, the .ANS switches to Amiga font to display the
    corona tracker ansi; but then doesn't switch back and everything else

The latest coronaTracker still suffers from the same issue when using
    SyncTerm. On other t/e software (e.g. `zoc8`) it seems to do the proper mode switch, but SyncTerm fails.

This patch of ctracker_mystic.py, was a suitable workaround for me:

```
    45c45
    < text_file.write(ARFILE)
    ---
    text_file.write(ARFILE + '\033[0;0 D');
    ```

You make a similar change in one of your later posts, but this may be
    something someone would want to consider if they just want to make the change in the same py file. I haven't tested anything other than syncterm / zoc8.

Apologies again - just fyi in case someone hits the same bug in the "new" version.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Pedalion BBS (21:3/143)
  • From The Godfather@21:1/165 to PhazeVektor on Wed Jun 2 21:59:38 2021
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I came across this today after having struggled with it a few weeks prior.
    You make a similar change in one of your later posts, but this may be something someone would want to consider if they just want to make the change in the same py file. I haven't tested anything other than
    syncterm / zoc8.

Apologies again - just fyi in case someone hits the same bug in the "new" version.

When and were did the new version come out? My py script quit grabbing the ansi file, so I've just been using wget to grab it, and adding the codepage switch as a GD command within mystic, then a GT Pause. It's working better but I didn't do an .sh file or anything so it blinks the wget command line as loads (quickly before a GT Clear Screen).

-tG

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/05/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: The Underground [@] theunderground.us:10023 <-port (21:1/165)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to PhazeVektor on Wed Jun 2 19:00:05 2021
    The latest coronaTracker still suffers from the same issue when using SyncTerm. On other t/e software (e.g. `zoc8`) it seems to do the proper mode switch, but SyncTerm fails.

```
    45c45
    < text_file.write(ARFILE)
    ---
    text_file.write(ARFILE + '\033[0;0 D');
    ```
    You make a similar change in one of your later posts, but this may be something someone would want to consider if they just want to make the change in the same py file. I haven't tested anything other than
    syncterm / zoc8.

Well, while your text_file.write(....amiga ANSI code to switch) will work, all the 'versions' of corona tracker that I see have the correct topaz.asc and codepageswitch.asc codes embedded properly.

If your solution works for you, wonderful - but for me, aNACHRONISTs original, unmodified, code works for all terms.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From PhazeVektor@21:3/143 to paulie420 on Thu Jun 3 21:13:41 2021

if using SyncTerm, the .ANS switches to Amiga font to display the corona tracker ansi; but then doesn't switch back and everything else after is messed up, displaying wrong characters because its stuck in Amiga mode..

Well, while your text_file.write(....amiga ANSI code to switch) will work, all the 'versions' of corona tracker that I see have the correct topaz.asc and codepageswitch.asc codes embedded properly.

If your solution works for you, wonderful - but for me, aNACHRONISTs original, unmodified, code works for all terms.

Strange - I must have misread you. It seems to me (above) that you say that using SyncTerm the ansi doesn't switch back. This is exactly the problem I encounter while using SyncTerm, but no other terms that I've tried. Adding
    the patch was a workaround for *me*. If others have similar issues, they may want to try the same thing - or not.

Thanks!

pv

• From PhazeVektor@21:3/143 to The Godfather on Thu Jun 3 21:22:17 2021
    Apologies again - just fyi in case someone hits the same bug in the " version.

When and were did the new version come out? My py script quit grabbing

Yeah ... I shouldn't have said "new"... its the v2 script from mid-2020. Cool script/idea in any case.

Strange the yours quit working. Did you change python versions by chance? Are you able to exec the script locally and get the file using the same paths
    used in your cron/events entry?

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to PhazeVektor on Thu Jun 3 16:10:02 2021
    Strange - I must have misread you. It seems to me (above) that you say that using SyncTerm the ansi doesn't switch back. This is exactly the problem I encounter while using SyncTerm, but no other terms that I've tried. Adding the patch was a workaround for *me*. If others have
    similar issues, they may want to try the same thing - or not.

I wanna post up, because it deserves to be said. I was drinky last night, and posted this - not realizing it was a reply to a really old post.

I actually went back and deleted my post, but it snuck out of my system before, I see....

Sorry - you are actually CORRECT, too. *I* did have a problem; and one of my sysOp friends told me today that he has the exact one, so...

Sorry for posting a dicky reply; my bad - and you post/reply is appreciated.

/me is normally not a d**k.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From PhazeVektor@21:3/143 to paulie420 on Sat Jun 5 00:12:28 2021
    Sorry - you are actually CORRECT, too. *I* did have a problem; and one
    of my sysOp friends told me today that he has the exact one, so...

No worries, mate! I noticed today that I still may not have fixed my problem with SyncTerm. I am going to have to check and see if its been overwritten,
    or if I've encountered something else.

Cheers!

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to PhazeVektor on Sat Jun 5 10:51:10 2021
    Sorry - you are actually CORRECT, too. *I* did have a problem; and on of my sysOp friends told me today that he has the exact one, so...

No worries, mate! I noticed today that I still may not have fixed my problem with SyncTerm. I am going to have to check and see if its been overwritten, or if I've encountered something else.

Thats one thing I always struggle with. 2o is setup to BEST work with SyncTerm... when testing things with the BBS its best to test both Sync and Netrunner... and heck, even more - but for mine.... its just NR & Sync. I'm to heavy ANSI for anything less. :P

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

• From The Godfather@21:1/165 to PhazeVektor on Sun Jun 6 16:41:05 2021
    When and were did the new version come out? My py script quit grabbi
    Yeah ... I shouldn't have said "new"... its the v2 script from mid-2020. Cool script/idea in any case.
    Strange the yours quit working. Did you change python versions by
    chance? Are you able to exec the script locally and get the file using
    the same paths used in your cron/events entry?

So I switched from Windows to Linux on a Raspberry Pi4. Ever since, the python script does not work. It doesn't API the ansi file. Matter of fact a lot of my RSS feeds don't work as frequently either: fox, cnn, nfl, etc. etc.

I've triple checked the py script for proper directories. It executes from CLI just not from mystic. Mystic is pointing to where the file should be but it's never there when executed through mystic. So to be honest I haven't spent much time focused on it, so I may have a directory wrong, but I am having issues with any new pre alpha beyond 5.3.21 with MIS freezing when attempting to poll ... so not sure if it's MY Pi Setup or changes within Mystic causing issues. Everything worked fine up until I think it was the 5.14 release, so I rolled back to 5.3 and have been stuck here ever since.

Random thoughts provide by...

-tG

• From The Godfather@21:1/165 to paulie420 on Sun Jun 6 16:46:29 2021
    Thats one thing I always struggle with. 2o is setup to BEST work with SyncTerm... when testing things with the BBS its best to test both Sync and Netrunner... and heck, even more - but for mine.... its just NR & Sync. I'm to heavy ANSI for anything less. :P

Eh, Syncterm sucks. Kidding Brother lol! (Inside joke)

So to add to Paulie's point which I 100% agree with .. You also want to either suggest peeps turn off their status bar and/or def test with syncterms status bar on while setting up mod or ansi line lengths. I suggest the "forget about the status bar approach," it's not needed and those using it are just causing you to reduce your ansi's to 22-23 lines .. which for netrunner users looks like a lot of black space below the ansi prior to the pause at line 25. I quit worrying about status bars and suggest everyone just turn it off. I mean ... maybe theres a purpose for the status bar in 2021? I dunno.

-tG