• A45 prealpha

From g00r00@21:1/108 to All on Sun Feb 9 01:11:26 2020
    Just updated the prealphas for A45. This is just a bugfix build and if you have any open issues with A44 final or the A45 prealpha please let me know.

I may end up releasing an A45 which just fixes any open issues so we have a good release with no open reports before I start breaking things again.

Right now I don't think I have any open issues so I'm looking for things to fix.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A44 2020/02/04 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 (21:1/108)
  • From Avon@21:1/100 to g00r00 on Sun Feb 9 21:09:52 2020
    On 09 Feb 2020, g00r00 said the following...

Just updated the prealphas for A45. This is just a bugfix build and if you have any open issues with A44 final or the A45 prealpha please let
    me know.

The NET 1 HUB seems stable on A44 have moved it to A45 as of tonight my time.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/09 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: fsxNet HUB (21:1/100)
  • From ryan@21:1/168 to g00r00 on Sun Feb 9 10:38:34 2020
    Right now I don't think I have any open issues so I'm looking for things to fix.

Hey g00r00,

I can't make a specific message base (fsxNet's interbbs messages) be turned
    off in my new message scan config. Strange issue to say the least.

Also I can't use the menu command for outbound telnet/rlogin/ssh from inside
    of an mpl. I can from an mpy. Feels like a bug, I suppose?

Third issue I have is in mcfg, when configuring echomail message bases, sometimes a setting in a base won't save for some reason and when I load it
    up again, I see there are some details missing. This repros inconsistently
    but has been a constant headache. Things like who to export mail to for some reason will sometimes be blank after I've picked the appropriate network hub.

Thanks!

* Origin: monterey bbs (21:1/168)
  • From Alpha@21:4/158 to ryan on Sun Feb 9 19:43:40 2020
    I can't make a specific message base (fsxNet's interbbs messages) be turned off in my new message scan config. Strange issue to say the least.

I've just assigned that base to a hidden group. Not sure if that's the only way, but it works!

Ú ¿
    ³ Alpha ù Card & Claw BBS ù cardandclaw.com:8888 ³
    À Ù

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/09 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Card & Claw BBS | Analog Gaming: Board Games, RPGs (21:4/158)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to ryan on Sun Feb 9 15:40:30 2020
    I can't make a specific message base (fsxNet's interbbs messages) be turned off in my new message scan config. Strange issue to say the least.

Are you regularly running a message base packer?

Also I can't use the menu command for outbound telnet/rlogin/ssh from inside of an mpl. I can from an mpy. Feels like a bug, I suppose?

I will give this a try, thanks!

Third issue I have is in mcfg, when configuring echomail message bases, sometimes a setting in a base won't save for some reason and when I load it up again, I see there are some details missing. This repros inconsistently but has been a constant headache. Things like who to
    export mail to for some reason will sometimes be blank after I've picked the appropriate network hub.

Do you mean with the export links specifically? Those are a different thing than the actual base message base configuration so I would need to look in a different place for that.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/09 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 (21:1/108)
  • From ryan@21:1/168 to g00r00 on Sun Feb 9 23:37:20 2020
    I can't make a specific message base (fsxNet's interbbs messages) be turned off in my new message scan config. Strange issue to say the le

Are you regularly running a message base packer?

Nightly. I trim it down to 100 messages (most other bases are at 5000). I'd like to continue receiving these messages so that I can one day use them.
    Right now it's locked down to s255 ACS so it'll only annoy me (presumably)
    but it's still weird.

Also I can't use the menu command for outbound telnet/rlogin/ssh from inside of an mpl. I can from an mpy. Feels like a bug, I suppose?

I will give this a try, thanks!

Yep! Confirmed long ago with someone else...maybe Hawk. *shrug*

Third issue I have is in mcfg, when configuring echomail message base sometimes a setting in a base won't save for some reason and when I l it up again, I see there are some details missing. This repros inconsistently but has been a constant headache. Things like who to export mail to for some reason will sometimes be blank after I've pic the appropriate network hub.

Do you mean with the export links specifically? Those are a different thing than the actual base message base configuration so I would need to look in a different place for that.

I'd like to say yes but I'm sure some details of what I've edited in a
    message base have disappeared for no reason after escaping out, saving, and coming back in later. It's caused me to be a bit OCD about checking
    everything 100 times :) So to answer your question, that's the way it's presented more often than any other, but I've had random issues with the message bases failing to save the details I've entered several times. This includes bulk editing multiple bases, btw.

Thanks!

* Origin: monterey bbs (21:1/168)