• major issue: line breaking on in-transit mail

From Oli@21:1/151 to All on Sat Oct 26 10:47:28 2019
    The Mystic tosser applies line breaking on messages that include lines/paragraphs longer than 80 characters - even for mail that is passing through.

Would it be possible to disable that feature in the next version of Mystic? I strongly believe that the text body of a message should not be changed at all, because it creates more problems than it solves, e.g.:

Many Fido editors intentionally don't do hard line breaks within paragraphs, but use a <CR> at the end of a paragraph only. This enables dynamic soft word wrapping when displaying the message on other systems.

It makes proper quoting less reliable (80 char lines have to be re-wrapped).

The modified text of a message could prevent dupe detection (depends on how the
    detection is implemented)

In messages with ANSI control characters the encoded line is longer than the displayed line. A 80-char wide ANSI art is is spoiled after it passed through the Mystic tosser.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I use Crashmail, GoldEd and JamNNTPd + Claws Mail to read messages and haven't tested that in Mystic myself. The only thing I know for sure is that I haven't received a single message, that is not wrapped at <= 80 characters in fsxnet and that others mentioned that behaviour of Mystic.

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: format of this message has been mangled by Mystic BBS (21:1/151)