• How to's

From Manu@21:2/109 to All on Tue Oct 22 07:45:40 2019

How do I add files to my bbs from CD the cd is an OLD BBS software shareware
    cd that has FILES.BBS on it

I'm guessing that the Files.BBS has the Name of the file in it

anyway of me inporting these files into the bbs?

thanks so much

Manu

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A10 (Windows)
    * Origin: Nexus Computers BBS (21:2/109)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Manu on Mon Oct 21 15:13:58 2019
    How do I add files to my bbs from CD the cd is an OLD BBS software shareware cd that has FILES.BBS on it

If I were trying it (I haven't), I'd make a mutil ini file that uses the "Import_FILES.BBS" function, adjust that part of the ini file to fit your needs, then run "mutil nameof.ini".

e.g., first step would be to copy the files into whatever directory you
    wanted them. (The script looks in your file directories)

Second step would be changing
    Import_Files.BBS = false
    ...to "true"

...and then probably just run the script "mutil nameof.ini", as the defaults seem okay to me.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From Bucko@21:4/131 to Manu on Mon Oct 21 19:38:18 2019
    On 22 Oct 2019, Manu said the following...

Hi there

How do I add files to my bbs from CD the cd is an OLD BBS software shareware cd that has FILES.BBS on it

I'm guessing that the Files.BBS has the Name of the file in it

anyway of me inporting these files into the bbs?

Using a mutil.ini script to do it works, I haven't done one in almost 2 years so I don't remember exactly..

A good source for help on pretty much everything is Avon's Mystic Youtube channel, he explains things right down to the smallest thing. If it weren't
    for his video's I would still probably be floundering around doing things. Avon's video's are such a help to the new sysOp OR the seasoned pro, I thought I was a seasoned pro until I chose Mystic to run, my first week I was so confused. Then I started watching his video's and I was on fsxNet, Fido, and now 10 other networks since watching his video on setting up fsxNet. He did
    one on menu's and themes, I created a theme with new menus that mimic a Commodore 64 BBS called Image BBS right down to the entire LOGIN and LOGOFF sequences! Anyways, check out the video's and take a look at updating your software to the latest, A43 is the latest, there are a lot of bug fixes and addon's since A10..

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (21:4/131)