• Message dates

From oog@21:1/101 to All on Mon Mar 18 09:54:18 2019
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding things a bit, but it looks at though the dates displayed with messages are the date at the time of posting -- in the timezone of the origin bbs.

Kludge data includes timezone offset information, is there any way to instead of showing that remote date show dates in the timezone of the local bbs?

For example, if Avon posts something in the morning in New Zealand, it's
    still the previous day for me, Rather than seeing the date of his message as "tomorrow" it'd be cool to see it locally as "today"

Hopefully I'm explaining it sufficiently.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to oog on Sun Mar 17 20:27:42 2019
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding things a bit, but it looks at though the dates displayed with messages are the date at the time of posting -- in the timezone of the origin bbs.

Kludge data includes timezone offset information, is there any way to instead of showing that remote date show dates in the timezone of the local bbs?

This is tricky because with telnet its the users timezone that matters, not even the BBS timezone. So the system needs to be built out a little more, so that users can set their own timezone and it defaults to the BBS timezone.

Its on my TODO list the holdup mostly has been figuring out how I want to prompt the user to select their timezone and building out a comprehensive
    list.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sector 7 (21:1/108)
  • From oog@21:1/172 to g00r00 on Sun Mar 17 21:52:56 2019
    Its on my TODO list the holdup mostly has been figuring out how I want to prompt the user to select their timezone and building out a comprehensive list.

Ahh good to know it's on the radar anyway. I won't pester you about it, date math is a pain in the ass :D

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bottomless Abyss BBS * bbs.bottomlessabyss.net (21:1/172)