• Please confirm this scenario

From Atreyu@21:1/176 to G00R00 on Wed Dec 19 20:15:30 2018
    If a downlink of a Mystic system requests an Areafix re-scan of messages, no matter the "Seen by line stripping" setting, will the original Seen-By lines be exported as part of that rescan to the downlink?

And:

The verbage in the INI file for the "Strip Seen-by" option should have a warning, as present in the majority of other tossers, to the effect of how this is an advanced feature, please check with your Network Administrator prior to enabling this feature.

Unless I am mistaken and this only affects the display of Seen-bys in the message bases and that the Seen-by kludges are actually kept stored?

Atreyu

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (21:1/176)
  • From g00r00@21:1/112 to Atreyu on Thu Dec 20 11:48:26 2018
    If a downlink of a Mystic system requests an Areafix re-scan of
    messages, no matter the "Seen by line stripping" setting, will the original Seen-By lines be exported as part of that rescan to the
    downlink?

Mystic doesn't ever strip seen-by in current versions. There is no option for it; they are always stored and always passed along.

The verbage in the INI file for the "Strip Seen-by" option should have a warning, as present in the majority of other tossers, to the effect of
    how this is an advanced feature, please check with your Network

I don't see why you think its your place to tell me what verbiage should be
    in an INI file in my software. You can of course make a suggestion, but to tell me that anything SHOULD be in an INI file is silly.

Unless I am mistaken and this only affects the display of Seen-bys in
    the message bases and that the Seen-by kludges are actually kept stored?

Mystic hides all kludge by default. Press V to unhide them in the default installation.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)