• Password Resets etc.

From Avon@21:1/101 to g00r00 on Fri Dec 14 06:56:46 2018
    A few questions for you.

If User Password Policy > Force Password Change is enabled to let's say 30 days. How does Mystic calculate when to require the user to set a new
    password? Does it look at the users last call date or lass pw date field to determine?

If a user is prompted by this method to reset their password it looks like Mystic will use prepass.ans if present, trouble is that's the same file used for new sign ups and I kinda think a different system ansi should be being displayed if a pw change is required because the system or sysop is forcing
    it due to a policy etc. If I have got the above info correct could you add a different filename.ans/asc that if present in /text will display to users
    when being asked to change their pw due to an enforced setting?

How can I know with confidence that 'upgrade password' has worked across all accounts? It's just I can't tell now what has been set for each and I am
    unsure if they are fixed or not. Kinda hard to test for etc. Ah well the joys of testing stuff early :)

Re the MCI code PW (Configured number of days before required password change) Is this code displaying the system setting configured in 'User Password
    Policy' of X days or is it displaying the individual users number of days left before a password change is required?

Thanks for the info / reply!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A40 2018/12/11 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From g00r00@21:1/112 to Avon on Fri Dec 14 04:47:10 2018
    If User Password Policy > Force Password Change is enabled to let's say
    30 days. How does Mystic calculate when to require the user to set a new password? Does it look at the users last call date or lass pw date field to determine?

Last password date is what I believe it does.

If a user is prompted by this method to reset their password it looks
    like Mystic will use prepass.ans if present, trouble is that's the same file used for new sign ups and I kinda think a different system ansi should be being displayed if a pw change is required because the system

If it reuses those prompts I can certainly separate them I just try to limit where I do that unless people ask for it specifically because there are
    already like 560 prompts and Mystic has to keep all of that in memory.

How can I know with confidence that 'upgrade password' has worked across all accounts? It's just I can't tell now what has been set for each and
    I am unsure if they are fixed or not. Kinda hard to test for etc. Ah
    well the joys of testing stuff early :)

In theory if it works for one it should work for all of them as the process
    is identical regardless of who it is.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Black Flag <ACiD Telnet HQ> blackflagbbs.com (21:1/112)