• Re: Mystic Install Directory?

From Tony Langdon@21:1/143 to Jeffs on Mon Dec 11 06:28:18 2017
    Jeffs wrote to vk3jed <=-

Hello Tony,

On 12/02/17, Tony Langdon said the following...

I'm happy with g00r00's decision, and I do my own additional layer of idiot proofing, which is specific to my system. :)

I would be totally happy with the Mystic install utility checking the directory that is specified. And IF there are any Mystic files that preexist then to make note of that fact and only overwrite the
    executables in the Mystic root directory and the scripts directory.

Yeah, for those of us who don't have automation, that would save the tedious manual copying (the reason I wrote my script in the first place). But now, my script does more than simply copy the files, so I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing, unless g00r00 gives me a compelling reason to change my processes.
    )

With the frequent updates recently I too have setup a bash script to automate the update process.

Cool. :)

... There will be a seminar on Time Travel last Thursday.
    ___ MultiMail/Win32 v0.49

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A35 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: The Bridge - bridge.vkradio.com (21:1/143)
  • From Tony Langdon@21:1/143 to g00r00 on Mon Dec 11 06:28:18 2017
    g00r00 wrote to vk3jed <=-

The trap here is if someone does this, then doesn't do any manual steps required, they end up with a broken system too. I do have a script that

Exactly. It would pop up a box and display "upgrade.txt" contents afterwards, but I worry that even that won't stop people from not
    paying attention!

LOL, good idea, you can only go so far in making something foolproof. Fools are very resourceful! :D

... *}- <- Tribble Olympics: Archery
    ___ MultiMail/Win32 v0.49

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A35 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: The Bridge - bridge.vkradio.com (21:1/143)