• Re: Email Verification

From Bucko@21:4/131 to Phoobar on Sat Feb 1 14:32:02 2020
    On 01 Feb 2020, Phoobar said the following...

Nice system. On that PRELOGON command...how do you have yours set up?
    Just looked at mine & it's just boilerplate out of the package.

Ok here goes, sorry for taking so long to get to this. Been working on a few things in my free time and unfortunately a lot of other things are getting pushed to the back..

Menu PRELOGIN
    FIRSTCMD section
    NS Send Node Message and all of the other stuff in that one.
    -- This is the routine now --
    GD Display a File - Data filename of your choice I chose emailvalidate
    -V Validate Email Address - ACCESS s10|s15 - DATA 20
    My new users get access level 10 my validated users get 20 so the access info is anyone more then s10 and less then s15 will get asked the question to validate. If they choose to validate and it works they get access level 20 which gives them immediate access to everything on the BBS, when I log in I will look at their account and see if a real name was used and if so I will bump them up so they can respond in Real Name Echo's on the Networks. This thing is so simple it hurts!! LOL

The only reason I chose a file display was to explain that it was a new user validation and if they didn't want to go through it that was fine, but I
    didn't have to go through giving them access.. LOL I have thought about
    adding in a yes no prompt to get into it, and adding it to the main menu but why? If you pass through it and don't do it oh well..

Hope that helps...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A44 2020/01/30 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (21:4/131)
  • From Phoobar@21:2/147 to Bucko on Sat Feb 1 21:21:26 2020
    Ok here goes, sorry for taking so long to get to this. Been working on a few things in my free time and unfortunately a lot of other things are getting pushed to the back..

No need to apologize at all. Same thing happens here...especially when going from mornings to evenings...it's amazing I can stay awake between 6-7:30 PM.

The only reason I chose a file display was to explain that it was a new user validation and if they didn't want to go through it that was fine, but I didn't have to go through giving them access.. LOL I have thought about adding in a yes no prompt to get into it, and adding it to the
    main menu but why? If you pass through it and don't do it oh well..
    Hope that helps...

Makes perfect sense to give them a chance to make their own decision to
    realize if they don't...they will need to wait on me to do it when I get on.

Thanks again!

ACME BBS-Member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/SpookNet/FidoNet/MicroNet.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A44 2020/01/28 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: ACME BBS-I am Wile E Ki-oh-tay, super genius (21:2/147)