• Re: Cicular Netmail / Other Ideas

From g00r00@21:1/108 to Avon on Mon Dec 24 10:57:40 2018
    Something I noted ages ago but unsure if you looked at it, I even mentioned it, or ?? :)

I don't remember but I'm sure you mentioned it :)

Netmail infinite looping...and how to stop it?

Sounds like I need to build in a similar check for netmail to what the PATH does, except this checks the Via kludge. I don't want to mess with it right now considering I am planning to release A40 tomorrow if I don't hear any reports of bad things today.

continue? Perhaps if the Via is X lines long and/or it's been X hours since sender sends the netmail ... then the HUB could do 1 or more of
    the following

Via 21:2/0 @20170110.002729.UTC Mystic 1.12 A31

The beauty of the VIA is that at least it uses a full 4D address, so I think we can just check to see if the "route to" node number has a VIA kludge in the message. We can prevent it that way.

1. generate a not delivered message back to the sender and include
    the original message and a reason why

2. send a similar alert to the HUB admin so he/she know what's going on
    and can follow up as well

3. include the 'not delivered' stats in a HUB activity report

These are all possibilities. What I will have to do is yank the response code from the Area/Fixfile stuff and make it accessible from anywhere during the tossing process. This way we can fire off Netmail easily as we see fit regardless of what that situation might be. As of right now doing so isn't quite so easy.

I believe in A39 when we did the expansion of records that I created room for the statistical tracking that we had discussed off and on... but I can't
    seem to remember exactly what my ideas were. So adding better stats would be a logical next-step as bigger things continue to get checked off the list.

I've also been working on a template processor, nothing as in-depth as say Allfix had but it is currently used by the HTML server for when a BBS user wants to view/download their batch queued files via Web site...

I want to try to enhance that more and make it accessible all over the place so we can easily create templates for various text while allowing a reasonable level of configuration. We'll eventually need this for stat reporting as so on.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A40 2018/12/23 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (21:1/108)