• Re: Updates to F4FBBS updates

From SirRonmit@21:2/120 to Avon on Sat Jun 17 08:52:43 2023
    Thanks for all you do!

Am I not supposed to see my own entry in the nodelist?
    I haven't seen it and have asked about it a few times.
    I see myself in my other two mailing groups.

My port 62323 (for Telnet access) keeps getting swashed with all these cyber attacks this past week .. I went from working just fine for nearly 5 years to not being able to keep myself contactable .. (I'm back again to :2323 but installed a fresh A48 install for testing bugs on my last upgrade on :23 .. I've set a system password for this install and mapping all the attacks to keep them blocked at the firewall for no access to this node). Lots of the same domain servers over and over.

I had seen earlier this week about who this and who that. My Linux server is hosted in Louisiana and my original proxy was in Canada (which I had changed over to Chicago this week and it magically allowed access again via :62323, so I thought I was all fixed up and running. Then, the next day while attempting to access either Mystic install from work to do more updates, I was locked out again. Got home and flushed local and remote DNS, firewalls, etc. but I had to go back to :2323 which I am on again today as stated above). I had asked others if they were having any issues like mine, but hadn't heard back. I was provided some assistance by others here and the SysOps at the LA Host and Chicago/Canada Hosts to see where the blockage was occurring.)

INSERT SAD SMILEY FACE HERE : I just wanna play my door games and not be locked out LOL

Tomorrow is FATHER'S DAY here in the US, so happy Father's Day to all who that relates to -- even if you aren't in the US - Happy Day to you all and thanks for keeping the Mystic realm ongoing with your support!

Timothy Norris
    aka SirRonmit
    admin@f4fbbs.com
    bbs.f4fbbs.com:2323 (keep getting :62323 blocked)

... Origin of Life? Just check my refrigerator...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Files 4 Fun BBS (21:2/120)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to SirRonmit on Sun Jun 18 12:27:16 2023
    On 17 Jun 2023 at 08:52a, SirRonmit pondered and said...

Thanks for all you do!

thanks for the kind feedback :)

Am I not supposed to see my own entry in the nodelist?
    I haven't seen it and have asked about it a few times.
    I see myself in my other two mailing groups.

well here's the thing, looking back at history.txt it looks like you were removed back in 2019 due to inactivity ... clearly you're set up at the NET 2 HUB still so I am a tad confused as to what's up here.

Let me check in with Solaris in NET 2 and we'll get things sorted.

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)