• Re: 2026 Infrastructure B

From Dr. What@21:1/616 to Hustler on Sun Jun 4 08:53:00 2023
    Hustler wrote to Blue White <=-

How do they plan to stop the stupid people from driving? Give them a
    math test?

That is a difficult problem. We could stop them from getting a driver's license. But some will drive without a license. We could stop them from owning a car, but they can get a strawman for that.

A number of years ago there was such an incident. tl;dr:
    + Poor driver caught air on an intersection and came down on top of another car, killing that driver of that car. The poor driver ran from the scene.
    + When caught, they found he had no license. He could not get a license for at least 10 years and was not permitted to even own a car. All because of his past problems with driving.

p.s. The poor driver's father was never permitted to ever drive again nor ever own a car, showing that stupidity is, indeed, genetic.

... Wife to sleeping spouse: "Wake up! Who the hell is Tina!!?"
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (21:1/616)
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Dr. What on Sun Jun 4 18:15:09 2023
    the scene. + When caught, they found he had no license. He could not
    get a license for at least 10 years and was not permitted to even own a car. All because of his past problems with driving.

What I always find odd about such situations, is that somehow these people manage to get behind the wheel of a car, and generally without stealing said car.

I once had an alcoholic as a housemate (not even by choice -- person was allowed to stay for a couple of days by another housemate, and "a couple of days" turned into a couple of months that were not the most pleasant).

And I know of at least once that this person drove back to the house, because of convincing a friend that somehow this person was a better choice for driving.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From Dr. What@21:1/616 to Adept on Mon Jun 5 07:18:52 2023
    Adept wrote to Dr. What <=-

What I always find odd about such situations, is that somehow these
    people manage to get behind the wheel of a car, and generally without stealing said car.

Hopefully the police found it odd as well and investigated the person who actually owned the car that the poor driver used.

And I know of at least once that this person drove back to the house, because of convincing a friend that somehow this person was a better choice for driving.

It's like there's a support network for stupid out there.

... I've seen condom vending machines, but this one installs.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (21:1/616)