• There and Back...

From Spectre@21:3/101 to Anyone... on Tue Jul 12 10:45:00 2022
    Hello out there in radio land...

Alrighty.. well we got there and back, so at its most basic level roadtrip mission accomplished. According to the trip meter 7 days some 4000Kms.

Day one just cruised into Sydney late in the day, by about 3-400 Kms out it started raining on us, and did it rain... by the time we hit Sydney it was starting to flood, and to get to the overnight stop we had to send the GPS to Cabramatta and avoid the other flooded streets in the way. We were stuck in Chipping Norton for some time... Come the morning and we make our get away
    the rest of the day resulted in ongoing flooding for Sydney.

Night two we hit Sunnybank Hills QLD and have a night with the cousins, and
    by this time the Cold the handbrake has been nursing for a week has its claws into me, stuffed sinus' and half deaf, my ears always get clagged in a head cold. Knocked out a feed of Chicken Curry, easy to make and perpetual winner with the "Island" community.

Days 3-5 were pretty much on repeat... Apartment in Caloundra. Get some
    decent sleep in a real bed.. meet the niece. Last time, if looks could've killed I would've died on their front doorstep from said neice. All good big smiles, happy to see us. Two night sleepover trundle around some of the local areas, a good time had by all.

So we have a raft of paperwork out of child services. So far as they are concerned the mother isn't in any position to resume care, the current foster carer is giving it away for family reasons. That leaves us as Child Services last resort. Mother has blocked any move to Victoria in the past, but seems
    to be coming around to it happening regardless. Current care order expires come the end of the year, so at this point we'll be taking over come the new year.

The last night we're back in Caloundra with the cousins. The family went out for dinner to some seafood restraunt... I don't eat much and if its got an exoskeleton or a shell I don't like it so I elected to stay home and sleep
    some more. Dinner went well for them as like that stuff.. cooked brekky the next morning, pancakes, dough-boy, bit of left roast lamb from a previous night.

The last day, smile and wave to sunny Queensland, cruised out to Toowoomba
    and selected the Newell Hwy to avoid Sydney altogether on the way home. Set
    off expecting a sleep at some stage, and fully drugged to remain relatively cold symptom free and comfortable in the back dept. Set off...

This next part I strongly do not reccommend to anyone... the expected break
    and sleep never materialised. IT turned into a straight run all the way back to Frankston. Full o' drugs, and pain and tired as all get out, I stumbled out of the drivers seat, in the front door, fell into bed, and for most of
    the next day and night sleeeeeeeeeep... And so we arrive at today, trawling through messages, making a few replies, and posting this epistle..

Still in recovery, Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: The future's uncertain, the end is always near. (21:3/101)
  • From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to Spectre on Wed Jul 13 11:30:08 2022
    Hi Spec,

I stumbled out of the drivers seat, in the front door, fell into bed,

Wouldn't that be more like fell out of the drivers seat? I know in the
    past when I've done a heap of driving that's what happens to me.. The
    legs just don't seam to be able to take the weight... #-(

\/orlon
    aka
    Stephen

--- Talisman v0.42-dev (Linux/m68k)
    * Origin: Vorlon Empire: Amiga 3000 powered in Sector 550 (21:1/195.1)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to vorlon on Thu Jul 14 07:12:00 2022
    Wouldn't that be more like fell out of the drivers seat? I know in the past when I've done a heap of driving that's what happens to me.. The
    legs just don't seam to be able to take the weight... #-(

Close I guess... I was...staggering a bit... certainly my brain was a tad fried.. but jello legs I don't tend to end up with... and despite it being pretty much however many hours, we were stopping here and there for fuel or other human reasons.. So they had moved around a bit...

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: The future's uncertain, the end is always near. (21:3/101)
  • From vorlon@21:1/195.1 to Spectre on Thu Jul 14 11:47:16 2022
    Hi Spec,

Wouldn't that be more like fell out of the drivers seat? I know
    in the past when I've done a heap of driving that's what happens to
    me.. The legs just don't seam to be able to take the weight... #-(

Close I guess... I was...staggering a bit... certainly my brain was a
    tad fried.. but jello legs I don't tend to end up with... and despite

When I last did a marathon drive it was in a Ford Courier 4x4 ute, I did
    fall out of the cabin as it's a higher car nd the legs just gave out....

\/orlon
    aka
    Stephen

--- Talisman v0.43-dev (Linux/m68k)
    * Origin: Vorlon Empire: Amiga 3000 powered in Sector 550 (21:1/195.1)