• Opps

From Avon@21:1/101 to All on Sat Jul 9 06:56:30 2022
    well that last reply didn't end well heh....
    Pressed save when it was meant to be 'quote' ... gotta do these things after 7am in the morning.

I'm on the road and with parents again for a few weeks so my response times may vary a bit but good to know I can login and post from afar.

Weather is crap here and it's cold... I may be eating too much comfort food at the moment :)

Going to watch some rugby with my dad tonight, it's more his game than mine but I am looking forward to some time spent together doing something fun.

He had knee surgery yesterday and so far the post-op stuff has gone well.

Best, Paul

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Zip@21:1/202 to Avon on Fri Jul 8 21:04:37 2022
    Hello Avon!

On 09 Jul 2022, Avon said the following...
    Pressed save when it was meant to be 'quote' ... gotta do these things after 7am in the morning.

I've also managed to do things like that. :-D

A slash at the beginning of a line (e.g. when pasting a file with
    paths in it) triggering the editor menu also does wonders. :-O

I'm on the road and with parents again for a few weeks so my response times may vary a bit but good to know I can login and post from afar.

Always nice!

Going to watch some rugby with my dad tonight, it's more his game than mine but I am looking forward to some time spent together doing
    something fun.

That's great! (I need to visit my parents more often as well...)

Best wishes for his recovery,
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From TALIADON@21:3/138 to Avon on Fri Jul 8 20:55:08 2022
    Going to watch some rugby with my dad tonight, it's more his game than mine but I am looking forward to some time spent together doing
    something fun.

Being Welsh, this definitely sounds like a great idea to me.

Hmmm, remember when Wales used to be good at this game? Me too ^^

Enjoy!!!

===============================================================
    TALIADON (Lee Westlake) | TALIADON BBS (taliadon.ddns.net:23)
    FidoNet: 2:250/6 | fsxNet: 21:3/138 | tqwNet: 1337:1/116 ===============================================================

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (21:3/138)
  • From paulie420@21:2/150 to Avon on Fri Jul 8 18:19:43 2022

something fun.

I'm st0ked that yer able to spend some time w/ the parents - and it sounds like you and Dad have a night ahead of you. :P As always, thanks for sharing - and enjoy your time with the fam, Avon... you deserve it.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From tassiebob@21:3/169 to Avon on Sat Jul 9 17:17:35 2022
    Weather is crap here and it's cold...

It's just as cold over here to the west of you :-(

something fun.

Nice to be able to do that. My parents only live a couple of kilometres from here so I like to go and give Dad a hand with whatever he's up to. 10 years back I was a 3 hour flight away :-(

Ouch! I've not had the privilege, but I know a few who have and I hear the post-op can be a bit challenging for some - although word is the robotic version of that surgery has a less painful recovery.

Good luck!

Cheers.

* Origin: TassieBob BBS, Hobart, Tasmania (21:3/169)
  • From boraxman@21:1/101 to Avon on Sun Jul 10 01:15:46 2022

Weather is crap here and it's cold... I may be eating too much comfort food at the moment :)

something fun.

Best, Paul

There is no such thing as "eating too much comfort food", at least not in the short term anyways. My wife and I hosted a Kiwi friend of hers at our place for a couple of weeks, and the weather wasn't that great here either.

What do they consider comfort food on the other side of the ditch?

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)