• Life and stuff

From Avon@21:1/101 to All on Tue Jun 21 17:22:04 2022
    Well been busy at work and with family, nothing new there I guess.

Have spent more time back in the office as of late and so far so good.

May need to head north to visit/support parents again soon, my Dad looks to be having a knee operation soon as something is not right in the internals there. My mum is still doing ok-ish but dementia continues to take it's awful toll :(

This last week and a half has been tough, a lady I have know at work for about 15 years and worked with in the same team for about 11 years took her life last Monday, the funeral is tomorrow. She had suffered depression etc. over the years and was well supported by my employer and I think her wider family and friends, but sadly in the end we couldn't get hold of her last Tuesday morning and by noon we were all in shock when the news of her death was announced.

So an up and down time for the last wee while for myself and my immediate team mates as we ride the emotional roller coaster that comes with all of this..

So yeah, I'm still about but sadly preoccupied with a few other things than BBSing at the moment.

Nice to be here with you now as I post this and lovely to read a few posts from old and new faces alike :) hey :)

Been cold here, we're in winter now so burning firewood every night and waking up to frosts etc... scraping ice off the windscreen etc. seems nutty when I see TV news and the heatwaves in Europe and USA etc.. take care good friends. send *some* heat my way but not too much!

Going to get some dinner, will do some network admin in the next day or so.

Hope this finds you well.

Best, Paul

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From apam@21:1/222 to Avon on Tue Jun 21 05:47:15 2022
    May need to head north to visit/support parents again soon, my Dad
    looks to be having a knee operation soon as something is not right in
    the internals there. My mum is still doing ok-ish but dementia
    continues to take it's awful toll :(

Sorry to hear that, but good that you can go up there and spend time with
    them.

This last week and a half has been tough, a lady I have know at work
    for about 15 years and worked with in the same team for about 11 years
    took her life last Monday, the funeral is tomorrow. She had suffered depression etc. over the years and was well supported by my employer
    and I think her wider family and friends, but sadly in the end we
    couldn't get hold of her last Tuesday morning and by noon we were all
    in shock when the news of her death was announced.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. It's tough when something like that
    happens and you spend all the time asking your self what if i said this
    or what if i did that. It's really tough and takes a long time to find
    peace. Someone I loved dearly ended their life 15-20 years ago now, and I
    still find my self wondering what if at times.

So yeah, I'm still about but sadly preoccupied with a few other things
    than BBSing at the moment.

Fair enough.

Been cold here, we're in winter now so burning firewood every night
    and waking up to frosts etc... scraping ice off the windscreen etc.
    seems nutty when I see TV news and the heatwaves in Europe and USA
    etc.. take care good friends. send *some* heat my way but not too
    much!

We've had a bit of a cold spell, though it's eased up a bit. I'm still
    wearing a jumper, but it's not too bad outside in the sun.

It does, been on a bit of a coding spree, but now feeling the effects of
    it. So just sort of sitting here checking bbses a bit and switching
    between facebook and the terminal.

Well, take care. I'm glad you sent this message, I was getting worried
    and thought something may have happened re parents.

Andrew

--- Talisman v0.40-dev (Windows/x86)
    * Origin: Tiny's BBS II - tinysbbs.com:4323/ssh:4322 (21:1/222)
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Avon on Tue Jun 21 08:02:11 2022
    On 21 Jun 2022, Avon said the following...

May need to head north to visit/support parents again soon, my Dad looks to be having a knee operation soon as something is not right in the internals there. My mum is still doing ok-ish but dementia continues to take it's awful toll :(

This last week and a half has been tough, a lady I have know at work for about 15 years and worked with in the same team for about 11 years took her life last Monday, the funeral is tomorrow. She had suffered
    depression etc. over the years and was well supported by my employer and
    I think her wider family and friends, but sadly in the end we couldn't
    get hold of her last Tuesday morning and by noon we were all in shock
    when the news of her death was announced.

So an up and down time for the last wee while for myself and my
    immediate team mates as we ride the emotional roller coaster that comes with all of this..

So yeah, I'm still about but sadly preoccupied with a few other things than BBSing at the moment.

Nice to be here with you now as I post this and lovely to read a few
    posts from old and new faces alike :) hey :)

Been cold here, we're in winter now so burning firewood every night and waking up to frosts etc... scraping ice off the windscreen etc. seems nutty when I see TV news and the heatwaves in Europe and USA etc.. take care good friends. send *some* heat my way but not too much!

Going to get some dinner, will do some network admin in the next day or so.

Best, Paul

Thank your for the update. Sorry to hear about your co-worker. Things are difficult for many people right now. There was a story I saw about world wide depression. Not something more you needed to deal with for sure. Enjoy the icey cold. It was 100F here yesterday

That pretty hot would gladly share some but might cost more to ship the heat than its worth

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw
    |16|14Sysop |12Noverdu |14BBS |04(|14Noverdu.com|04)
    |10Standard Ports for SSH/Telnet Web/HTTP://|14Noverdu.com:808
    |20|15fsxNet/MRC Chat/Registered Doors!/50Nodes/No Time Use! Stay On!|16|07

* Origin: Noverdu BBS (21:1/210)
  • From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Avon on Tue Jun 21 13:14:00 2022
    On Tue Jun 21 17:22:00 2022, Avon wrote to All <=-

This last week and a half has been tough, a lady I have know at work for about
    15 years and worked with in the same team for about 11 years took her life last
    Monday, the funeral is tomorrow. She had suffered depression etc. over the years and was well supported by my employer and I think her wider family and
    friends, but sadly in the end we couldn't get hold of her last Tuesday morning
    and by noon we were all in shock when the news of her death was announced.

So an up and down time for the last wee while for myself and my immediate team
    mates as we ride the emotional roller coaster that comes with all of this..

Have been in this situation several times in the past. Taking a pill everyday for the past several years has kept me evenly level. Being in America...guns are readily available...so it was suggested I don't keep any firearm in my home.

If anyone needs help...reach out to someone. In the US...the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is there. Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more: 800-273-8255

... Beatles hit: She loves to, yeah, yeah, yeah...
    === TitanMail/winnt v1.1.5
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
    * Origin: fsxNet FTN<>QWK Gateway (21:4/10)
  • From seeLive@21:2/128 to Avon on Wed Jun 22 21:29:55 2022
    Hey Avon,
    Sorry, to hear you news... I know some of what that's like... It's tough to be sure, but we're hear if you need a friendly face... Sending warm thoughts and just enough warm weather your way... take care,

-seeLive

Re-livin' the dream...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/24 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: oNyX bBs - onyxbbs.mywire.org:2300 (21:2/128)
  • From k9zw@21:1/224 to Avon on Wed Jun 22 19:29:35 2022
    Hey Paul

So feel for you - if I can help, reach out.

Steve @ SPOT BBS

--- Steve K9ZW via SPOT BBS

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/02/11 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: SPOT BBS / k9zw (21:1/224)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Avon on Wed Jun 22 20:56:00 2022
    Re: Life and stuff
    By: Avon to All on Tue Jun 21 2022 05:22 pm

Sorry to hear about the recent happenings. :( I'm sending good thoughts.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From TALIADON@21:3/138 to Avon on Thu Jun 23 10:17:38 2022

I feel you my friend: my father suffered from dementia for many years before his passing. You really do have to experience this in order to truly understand how exhausting and heartbreaking it is to see your loved ones stolen away piece by piece.

This last week and a half has been tough, a lady I have know at work for about 15 years and worked with in the same team for about 11 years took her life last Monday, the funeral is tomorrow. She had suffered
    depression etc. over the years and was well supported by my employer and
    I think her wider family and friends, but sadly in the end we couldn't
    get hold of her last Tuesday morning and by noon we were all in shock
    when the news of her death was announced.

This appears to be endemic amongst young people these days: a young lady across the road from me also took her life a month or so ago. I didn't particularly know her that well, but it has a surprising effect upon you when
    someone so young chooses not to be here any more. I have found myself thinking about her on more than one occasion over the past couple of weeks. Heartbreaking.

So an up and down time for the last wee while for myself and my
    immediate team mates as we ride the emotional roller coaster that comes with all of this..

Take it easy chap - you can only play them as they're dealt.

Nice to be here with you now as I post this and lovely to read a few
    posts from old and new faces alike :) hey :)

We're never far away :)

Yep, we're roasting alive over here - please send us a snowball or two our way!

* Origin: TALIADON BBS (21:3/138)
  • From nblade@21:3/170 to Avon on Thu Jun 23 19:52:27 2022
    Sorry to hear things have been rough for you. I hope things get better for you. Thanks for all you do.

... No one knows what's next, but everybody does it.

* Origin: RVs and RPGs BBS (21:3/170)
  • From Zip@21:1/202 to Avon on Thu Jun 23 21:21:42 2022
    Hello Avon!

On 21 Jun 2022, Avon said the following...

:(

Hoping all will go as good as possible!

Oh my... That is so sad. :(

Will do! ;)

Days are getting shorter again here now, although winter is faaar away, thankfully...

Take care, and see you around!

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to apam on Sat Jun 25 09:31:25 2022
    On 21 Jun 2022 at 05:47a, apam pondered and said...

Sorry to hear that, but good that you can go up there and spend time with them.

Thanks and hi :)

Yep at this stage it's looking like about 7-10 days helping out in around 2-3 weeks time. Surgery is booked in now, and I think he will need help with recovery.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. It's tough when something like that happens and you spend all the time asking your self what if i said this
    or what if i did that. It's really tough and takes a long time to find

In this case she did leave a letter and some of it was read out at the funeral which essentially said no one blame themselves it was my decision etc. etc. .. still, not nice to hear. I'm glad the funeral is done and she is at peace. well I hope so.

We've had a bit of a cold spell, though it's eased up a bit. I'm still wearing a jumper, but it's not too bad outside in the sun.

Yeah it's been cold and frosty this last 10 days but today is mild, it's a little nutty

It does, been on a bit of a coding spree, but now feeling the effects of it. So just sort of sitting here checking bbses a bit and switching between facebook and the terminal.

Well, take care. I'm glad you sent this message, I was getting worried
    and thought something may have happened re parents.

Thanks Andrew, nice chatting and to see you active in BBS on your terms that feel OK.

Take care.

Best, Paul

• From Avon@21:1/101 to claw on Sat Jun 25 09:32:29 2022
    On 21 Jun 2022 at 08:02a, claw pondered and said...

Thank your for the update. Sorry to hear about your co-worker. Things are difficult for many people right now. There was a story I saw about world wide depression. Not something more you needed to deal with for sure. Enjoy the icey cold. It was 100F here yesterday

That pretty hot would gladly share some but might cost more to ship the heat than its worth

Thanks good sir, yeah not the best there we are, life eh?

I hope this finds you well also and keeping cool. I'd send you some of these frosts over if I could but sadly not.

• From Avon@21:1/101 to ACMEBBS on Sat Jun 25 09:34:40 2022
    On 21 Jun 2022 at 01:14p, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

Have been in this situation several times in the past. Taking a pill everyday for the past several years has kept me evenly level. Being in America...guns are readily available...so it was suggested I don't keep any firearm in my home.
    If anyone needs help...reach out to someone. In the US...the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is there. Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more: 800-273-8255

Talking about stuff and having people around you can chat with I'm sure must help. I know of others where it certainly has and continues to do. You take care and know you are valued, loved and special... there's only one of you. I'm glad to be chatting with you :)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to seeLive on Sat Jun 25 09:37:16 2022
    On 22 Jun 2022 at 09:29p, seeLive pondered and said...

Hey Avon,
    Sorry, to hear you news... I know some of what that's like... It's tough to be sure, but we're hear if you need a friendly face... Sending warm thoughts and just enough warm weather your way... take care,

Thanks for your kinds words and thoughts :)

Yep it's been a busy time lately with all sorts of stuff happening to folks in my work/home life so not as much time for BBS as I would like right now. But I think just rolling with it and talking about stuff as/when is the way to go.

I hope things are going OK for you and yours as well.

Best,Paul

• From Avon@21:1/101 to k9zw on Sat Jun 25 09:43:35 2022
    On 22 Jun 2022 at 07:29p, k9zw pondered and said...

Hey Paul

So feel for you - if I can help, reach out.

Steve @ SPOT BBS

Thanks Steve, I'm doing OK. The work mate death has been a surreal shock but our team is coping and working through stuff, the funeral was just this last week, but that and other steps you take to talk and connect with others does help as you process thoughts and feelings.

On the home front we just took care of a 2 month old kitten called Zoe who my son had bought for his flat (spoiler he should not have had pets in the place) and after a short period of time the landlord was asking questions... that led to our offer to care for the kitten for the next few months.

We already have a cat (12 years) and a dog (coming up 10 years) so there's a settling in period underway now. It's a bit of fun.

Best, Paul

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Nightfox on Sat Jun 25 09:44:00 2022
    On 22 Jun 2022 at 08:56p, Nightfox pondered and said...

Sorry to hear about the recent happenings. :( I'm sending good
    thoughts.

Thank you, I really appreciate your kind thoughts and the time taken to post :)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to TALIADON on Sat Jun 25 09:58:54 2022
    On 23 Jun 2022 at 10:17a, TALIADON pondered and said...

I feel you my friend: my father suffered from dementia for many years before his passing. You really do have to experience this in order to truly understand how exhausting and heartbreaking it is to see your
    loved ones stolen away piece by piece.

Yeah it's not pretty eh? When I visit again in the coming weeks it will be interesting to see what's changed etc. I know via my Dad he says Mum is lucid some days and others she's not so clear and more confused. I guess it's just the way it is. I know her death lies at the end of this as she's a frail lady now even without the demons of dementia, in some ways it's an illness that sort of prepares those supporting someone with it, for what is going to inevitably come along. Just taking it as it comes and trying to support my Dad who is sounding exhausted while he cares for his wife and tries to deal with his own health issues.

This appears to be endemic amongst young people these days: a young lady across the road from me also took her life a month or so ago. I didn't particularly know her that well, but it has a surprising effect upon you when someone so young chooses not to be here any more. I have found
    myself thinking about her on more than one occasion over the past couple of weeks. Heartbreaking.

In this case the lady was 51 but had been battling depression for 20+ years and during the time I knew her was up and down in mood etc. month to month and year to year. So not a total shock but something no one wanted for her. It was heartbreaking to hear her family speak at the funeral :(

Take it easy chap - you can only play them as they're dealt.

I agree and it's so nice to post here and find friendship and support, so thanks :)

Yep, we're roasting alive over here - please send us a snowball or two
    our way!

It's in the post... but delivery times may vary :)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to nblade on Sat Jun 25 10:00:44 2022
    On 23 Jun 2022 at 07:52p, nblade pondered and said...

Sorry to hear things have been rough for you. I hope things get better
    for you. Thanks for all you do.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and taking the time to post this, appreciated. I hope things are going OK for you and yours.

Best, Paul

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Zip on Sat Jun 25 10:02:14 2022
    On 23 Jun 2022 at 09:21p, Zip pondered and said...

Take care, and see you around!

Hey Zip, you're always such a positive burst of energy in this network when I see you posting, and I very much appreciate that, a constant welcoming force to folks who join and supportive with info/knowledge in the echomail areas.

Thank you :)

• From paulie420@21:2/150 to Avon on Fri Jun 24 16:37:13 2022
    Yep it's been a busy time lately with all sorts of stuff happening to folks in my work/home life so not as much time for BBS as I would like right now. But I think just rolling with it and talking about stuff as/when is the way to go.

I read your update and thank you for sharing... furthermore I'm really sorry that hard things have been happening for ya. While I know you'd LIKE to have more bbS time, please don't worry - things will be here when you have more free time..

I hope you get more good news in the near future than you have in this past stretch - yer update posts are a nice way to share with the ppl what yer going through and I hope that this community and our well wishes help you get thru.

Chin up, we'll catch you as often as is good for you. fsxNet is strong - thanks for chiming in.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/03 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From apam@21:1/101 to Avon on Sat Jun 25 17:42:01 2022
    Yep at this stage it's looking like about 7-10 days helping out in
    around 2-3 weeks time. Surgery is booked in now, and I think he will
    need help with recovery.

Ah good that you'll be able to go. Not to sound doomy gloomy but, will be good to spend the extra time with them while you can.

In this case she did leave a letter and some of it was read out at the funeral which essentially said no one blame themselves it was my
    decision etc. etc. .. still, not nice to hear. I'm glad the funeral is done and she is at peace. well I hope so.

Well, it's one thing to be told not to blame yourself it's another to not blame yourself etc. My friend who passed away she didn't go right away (she attempted to, but hung around for a month in hospital before passing due to her injuries) As I wasn't related I wasn't allowed to visit (she was in intensive care) but my flatmate was. anyway, the point is, those feelings can come regardless of what they say, and even if it's logical or not. I don't know, just look after yourself. don't sweep it under the rug, your work mates are probably the best to talk to but if you need someone to read a netmail..

Yeah it's been cold and frosty this last 10 days but today is mild, it's
    a little nutty

Yeah same, we had a really cold spell for a bit, now is not to bad, at night it gets down to 1 - 2 degrees.

Thanks Andrew, nice chatting and to see you active in BBS on your terms that feel OK.

You too Paul. I'm going to do a release soon of talisman, with some bugs squashed. Also have a door game I'd been working on but have been distracted. I've got a few helpful testers for the door game but they're getting to the point where I stopped adding content... so I suppose I should do that, but kind of a bit burnt out after the last spree.

Might take the weekend easy a bit. We had antenatal class today, which felt like it went on forever, but was useful. part of it was a tour of the birthing suite, that brought a few tears as we haven't been there since we lost our girls.

Been playing LotRO a little bit again (Lord of the rings online) not much though as i'm broke and can only play on free mode at present. (Not that there's anything wrong with free mode, just things are a bit nicer when you buy a subscription)

well, talk to you later.

Andrew

• From Zip@21:1/202 to Avon on Sat Jun 25 08:57:09 2022
    Hello Avon!

On 25 Jun 2022, Avon said the following...
    Hey Zip, you're always such a positive burst of energy in this network when I see you posting, and I very much appreciate that, a constant welcoming force to folks who join and supportive with info/knowledge in the echomail areas.

Thanks a lot! :) Just glad to be able to give at least something back for the joy fsxNet brings us all!

Best regards
    Zip

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 2022/04/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Star Collision BBS, Uppsala, Sweden (21:1/202)
  • From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Avon on Sat Jun 25 02:10:00 2022
    On Sat Jun 25 09:34:00 2022, Avon wrote to ACMEBBS <=-

On 21 Jun 2022 at 01:14p, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

Talking about stuff and having people around you can chat with I'm sure must
    help. I know of others where it certainly has and continues to do. You take care and know you are valued, loved and special... there's only one of you. I'm
    glad to be chatting with you :)

Been about 5 years since I was in very bad shape. After therapy & a doctor I enjoy who got me on the pill I've been on for about 3-4 years...things are much better for me.

Biggest thing I have to watch out for is letting myself get over tired. Exhaustion was a bad thing for me. Thank god that 1 of the other things which has changed my life is being on a CPAP for the last year and a half. Have found that my moods/needs/wants have become more stable getting as much sleep as I need...which is usually 9-10 hours a day. Plus...working swing shift means my work schedule is stable...as well as my sleep schedule.

I appreciate that from everyone here...especially since while not being able to run a BBS...can still be a part of enjoying being here.

Know I don't say it enough...thanks to everyone here for being who all of you are.

... My name is Elmer J. Fudd, millionairre, I own a mansion and a yacht.
    === TitanMail/winnt v1.1.5
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
  • From claw@21:1/210 to Avon on Tue Jun 28 07:57:16 2022
    On 25 Jun 2022, Avon said the following...
    Thanks good sir, yeah not the best there we are, life eh?

I hope this finds you well also and keeping cool. I'd send you some of these frosts over if I could but sadly not.

Very slowly getting over COVID. Been keeping fairly cool. It was actually perfect out the last couple days. Hope your weather get a bit warmer. I would send you the free heat if I could. Pretty sure it would get lost in the mail.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Avon@21:1/101 to paulie420 on Sun Jul 3 15:39:05 2022
    On 24 Jun 2022 at 04:37p, paulie420 pondered and said...

I read your update and thank you for sharing... furthermore I'm really sorry that hard things have been happening for ya. While I know you'd
    LIKE to have more bbS time, please don't worry - things will be here
    when you have more free time..

Yep this next month looks like 2.5 weeks out of town and supporting parents with a few more health issues they are battling. It's shaping up to be an interesting month.

Chin up, we'll catch you as often as is good for you. fsxNet is strong - thanks for chiming in.

No probs, thanks good sir.

• From Avon@21:1/101 to apam on Sun Jul 3 15:45:06 2022
    On 25 Jun 2022 at 05:42p, apam pondered and said...

Yep at this stage it's looking like about 7-10 days helping out in around 2-3 weeks time. Surgery is booked in now, and I think he will need help with recovery.

Ah good that you'll be able to go. Not to sound doomy gloomy but, will
    be good to spend the extra time with them while you can.

Yep this is all locked in now, I'll be away around 20 days. My mum is also having something taken off the back of one of her legs which looks like it could be benign or malignant it's a 50/50 thing so will hang for a few more days to support them both during this time. My wife is coming on this trip with me too so it should be a different month coming up.

it's logical or not. I don't know, just look after yourself. don't sweep it under the rug, your work mates are probably the best to talk to but
    if you need someone to read a netmail..

Thanks, this last few weeks have been mostly good and the team I am in have all been working and sharing thoughts and feelings together. So that's been good.

You too Paul. I'm going to do a release soon of talisman, with some bugs squashed. Also have a door game I'd been working on but have been distracted. I've got a few helpful testers for the door game but they're getting to the point where I stopped adding content... so I suppose I should do that, but kind of a bit burnt out after the last spree.

I'll need to set you up again to do the hatching yourself as the node number was made inactive but I am contacting you now to confirm which node number you want ... I think 1/182 would be best.

Might take the weekend easy a bit. We had antenatal class today, which felt like it went on forever, but was useful. part of it was a tour of
    the birthing suite, that brought a few tears as we haven't been there since we lost our girls.

:( ... yep roller coaster ride times, I know the feeling at the moment also but for different reasons..

Been playing LotRO a little bit again (Lord of the rings online) not much though as i'm broke and can only play on free mode at present. (Not that there's anything wrong with free mode, just things are a bit nicer when you buy a subscription)
    well, talk to you later.

My daughter is into some online gaming and feels the same way, nicer when there's some $$ spare but OK if not. I think now she is working she may spend a few $$ on such things :)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Zip on Sun Jul 3 15:45:20 2022
    On 25 Jun 2022 at 08:57a, Zip pondered and said...

Thanks a lot! :) Just glad to be able to give at least something back
    for the joy fsxNet brings us all!

:)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to ACMEBBS on Sun Jul 3 15:47:56 2022
    On 25 Jun 2022 at 02:10a, ACMEBBS pondered and said...

Been about 5 years since I was in very bad shape. After therapy & a
    doctor I enjoy who got me on the pill I've been on for about 3-4 years...things are much better for me.

Good stuff, yes a mix of good care and meds can do wonders.

Biggest thing I have to watch out for is letting myself get over tired. Exhaustion was a bad thing for me. Thank god that 1 of the other things which has changed my life is being on a CPAP for the last year and a
    half. Have found that my moods/needs/wants have become more stable
    getting as much sleep as I need...which is usually 9-10 hours a day.

sleep is super important I think it's something many folks fail to miss as something that should be as important as diet, exercise etc... and like those areas, easy to say/talk about but not so easy to do.. I know :)

I appreciate that from everyone here...especially since while not being able to run a BBS...can still be a part of enjoying being here.
    Know I don't say it enough...thanks to everyone here for being who all
    of you are.

I feel the same way, it's nice to chat with supportive and kind folks who are into retro hobbies, other geeky stuff and have some time to spend posting here when they are able to.

Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Best, Paul

• From Avon@21:1/101 to claw on Sun Jul 3 15:54:55 2022
    On 28 Jun 2022 at 07:57a, claw pondered and said...

Very slowly getting over COVID. Been keeping fairly cool. It was actually perfect out the last couple days. Hope your weather get a bit warmer. I would send you the free heat if I could. Pretty sure it
    would get lost in the mail.

I hope by the time you read this (belated) reply you're feeling a bit better. Today I went and got a second booster shot of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine. Feeling OK at this stage, usually just get a sore arm and feel a bit washed out for a couple of days.

Here in New Zealand the government just opened up second boosters for folks 50+ and as I am now in the second half century of orbits around the sun I figured 'why not' :)

I think our postal services are all a bit stuffed at the moment so no probs on the lost 'heat' :)

• From apam@21:1/101 to Avon on Sun Jul 3 17:36:41 2022
    Yep this is all locked in now, I'll be away around 20 days. My mum is
    also having something taken off the back of one of her legs which looks like it could be benign or malignant it's a 50/50 thing so will hang for
    a few more days to support them both during this time. My wife is coming on this trip with me too so it should be a different month coming up.

Well, I'm sure it will be good to have your wife there for some extra support. Hope the surgery goes ok.

Thanks, this last few weeks have been mostly good and the team I am in have all been working and sharing thoughts and feelings together. So that's been good.

Yeah, that's good.

I'll need to set you up again to do the hatching yourself as the node number was made inactive but I am contacting you now to confirm which
    node number you want ... I think 1/182 would be best.

Thanks for doing this, although I have no idea how to hatch with synchronet.. heh. I'll figure it out I am sure, I wonder if I could hatch from my point? Not asking you to set something up, just wondering if it would work - seems my point goes through synchronet.

My daughter is into some online gaming and feels the same way, nicer when there's some $$ spare but OK if not. I think now she is working she may spend a few $$ on such things :)

Oh? what does she play? I've been playing mostly the traditional MMO style games, seems games are getting more and more monetised, Eve online is a good one, they really trying to get you to buy all the things. Then there are those casual games that you might play on your phone, always wanting you to buy the currency to get a bit more stuff, and don't get me started on loot boxes lol!

Oh well, been working on the OS a bit the last little while, (you might have seen on facebook) got the TCP working - before when I thought it was working i thought the "dropped packets" were because my ethernet buffers were filling up faster than my OS could handle them, but no. Works perfectly (touch wood) now.

Wife's birthday tomorrow. Her sister is coming over tonight for dinner, then tomorrow night wife and i will go out for dinner. Probably the last chance in a while!

Andrew

• From claw@21:1/210 to Avon on Sun Jul 3 13:43:25 2022
    On 03 Jul 2022, Avon said the following...
    I hope by the time you read this (belated) reply you're feeling a bit better. Today I went and got a second booster shot of the Pfizer
    Covid-19 vaccine. Feeling OK at this stage, usually just get a sore arm and feel a bit washed out for a couple of days.

Here in New Zealand the government just opened up second boosters for folks 50+ and as I am now in the second half century of orbits around
    the sun I figured 'why not' :)

I think our postal services are all a bit stuffed at the moment so no probs on the lost 'heat' :)

I'm doing much better now. It all ended up in my ear and can't hear well out of my right side. But I at least feel better. IT seems to very very slowly getting the sound back. I didn't get vaccinated because of how it affected my wife and working at home it really doesn't seem to be worth the risk. For Me its just a bad flu. I appreciate the well wishes and hope your situation is also getting better. The wife has been keeping me super busy when not working so I haven't had as much time for the BBS as I would have liked. But thats going to get better once summer is over. I will be on as much as I can.

|23|04Dr|16|12Claw

• From Avon@21:1/101 to claw on Mon Jul 4 15:44:24 2022
    On 03 Jul 2022 at 01:43p, claw pondered and said...

I'm doing much better now. It all ended up in my ear and can't hear well out of my right side. But I at least feel better. IT seems to very
    very slowly getting the sound back. I didn't get vaccinated because of how it affected my wife and working at home it really doesn't seem to be worth the risk. For Me its just a bad flu. I appreciate the well
    wishes and hope your situation is also getting better. The wife has
    been keeping me super busy when not working so I haven't had as much
    time for the BBS as I would have liked. But thats going to get better once summer is over. I will be on as much as I can.

Good that you're on the mend :) I can relate to those 'honey-do' lists... it's winter over here and they are still being created Hahahah... :)

• From ACMEBBS@21:4/10 to Avon on Tue Jul 5 11:26:00 2022
    On Sun Jul 3 15:47:00 2022, Avon wrote to ACMEBBS <=-

Been about 5 years since I was in very bad shape. After therapy & a doctor I enjoy who got me on the pill I've been on for about 3-4 years...things are much better for me.
    Good stuff, yes a mix of good care and meds can do wonders.

Remember 20 years ago...was working on a relationship...but the doctor refused to tell me when he had time to reschedule me for an appointment to renew my perscription. Ended up going through withdrawal and lost the relationship. This was before cheap cell phones were available.

Biggest thing I have to watch out for is letting myself get over tired. Exhaustion was a bad thing for me. Thank god that 1 of the other things which has changed my life is being on a CPAP for the last year and a half. Have found that my moods/needs/wants have become more stable getting as much sleep as I need...which is usually 9-10 hours a day.
    sleep is super important I think it's something many folks fail to miss as something that should be as important as diet, exercise etc... and like those
    areas, easy to say/talk about but not so easy to do.. I know :)

Even finding myself taking naps on my days off.

Know I don't say it enough...thanks to everyone here for being who all of you are.
    I feel the same way, it's nice to chat with supportive and kind folks who are
    into retro hobbies, other geeky stuff and have some time to spend posting here
    when they are able to.
    Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Got my debit card blocked due to someone in the Phillipines trying to steal $30 US while I was sleep on Sunday. With it being a national holiday...had to wait until today to get a new card. Got that done already...so it has started off rocky...but getting better.

Good luck on your upcoming trip to take care of your parents. Hope it works out well.

... I'm Not Suddenly a Dirty Old Man-I've Been Practicing Since 1961
    === TitanMail/winnt v1.1.6
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32