• enigma as a tosser

From Oli@21:1/151 to All on Tue Nov 26 14:11:44 2019
    Hello!

Could Enigma run as a tosser and nntp server only without the BBS part? I wasn't able to figure that out by reading the docs. My assumption is that even if that is possible I couldn't do everything through NNTP and would need the BBS anyway for some tasks, because Enigma uses its own message base format.

At the moment I'm running binkd, crashmail, golded and jamnntpd on a raspberry.
    It works okay, but I wouldn't mind to use some software that is still maintained and developed.

---
    * Origin: (21:1/151)
  • From NuSkooler@21:1/121 to Oli on Tue Nov 26 19:19:12 2019
    On Tuesday, November 26th Oli was heard saying...
    Could Enigma run as a tosser and nntp server only without the BBS part? I wasn't able to figure that out by reading the docs. My assumption is that even if that is possible I couldn't do everything through NNTP and would need the BBS anyway for some tasks, because Enigma uses its own message base format.

Currently ENiG offers read only access via NNTP, though it wouldn't honestly be
    too hard to add the write portion. The system also relies on an external mailer to deal with transporting FTN packets as well though.

--
    NuSkooler
    Xibalba BBS @ xibalba.l33t.codes / 44510(telnet) 44511(ssh)
    ENiGMA 1/2 BBS WHQ | Phenom | 67 | iMPURE | ACiDic
    --- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.11-beta (linux; x64; 12.13.1)
    * Origin: Xibalba -+- xibalba.l33t.codes:44510 (21:1/121)