• Small MPL Utility...

From Black Panther@21:1/186 to All on Sun Jun 23 00:56:18 2019
    Hi All,

As if I don't have enough projects going on at once, I've added another
    one... (I'm starting to feel like apam here) ;) This one is not very involved, and probably would only be of interest to a few of you...

A couple weeks ago, someone in the MRC chat was asking about an MPL utility that would let a user download the current BBS listing from
    telnetbbsguide.com. Well, I've got a VERY crude one running here on CRBBS. It checks the current month, and will download it to the BBS system, into the users temp directory, and ask the user if they would like to download it.

Right now, it's only running on Linux. I have not tested it under Windows,
    and do not know if it will work. This MPL does use wget, so that will need to be installed on your system, if it isn't already.

I'm also still working on getting the MPL to fall back to the previous month, if the current months archive isn't available. I'm having a slight hiccup
    with that function, as it seems wget will create a 0 byte file if the archive isn't there, but will then create a 0 byte file for the previous months as well... I'll figure it out... :)

If you'd like to test it out, it's now listed on the Panther's Playground
    menu.

My apologies to the person who was asking about this MPL, as I completely forgot who it was... Getting old sucks sometimes...

|15---

|03B|09lack |03P|09anther|03(|09RCS|03)|07

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A43 2019/03/02 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com (21:1/186)