• Thowing this out there..

From Bucko@21:4/131 to All on Fri Aug 24 23:34:04 2018
    Hey guys.. Having some problems with setting up my local echos between my Mystic and Synchro.. I posted in the Fido Synchro echo and haven't heard
    back, so I am throwing this out here.. I am setting up some local echos
    between both my Mystic and Synchro. (Netmail is finally working) I setup an address on the Hub (Mystic) 8888:1/1, and on the Synchro 8888:1/2 The weird thing is the Synchro when sending netmail doesn't show a tag line, not sure
    if that is wrong or right but it's no big deal.. The echos get tossed and imported into the inbound directory on Synchro but never get tossed the echo goes into the badareas.lst I have looked at the passwords, and the setup of
    the echo (I only setup 1 so far) and see nothing wrong. I know it's hard to
    say what it could be but is there anything I can check that I might be missing?? Thanks as always...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number ][ (21:4/131)
  • From Bucko@21:4/131 to all on Fri Aug 24 23:40:24 2018
    Just a quick add on, I am getting a message BINKOUT We got an M_EOB, but
    there are still 1 files pending M_GOT not sure what that means... Al? ;)

• From Avon@21:1/101 to Bucko on Sat Aug 25 16:10:38 2018
    On 08/24/18, Bucko pondered and said...

not sure if that is wrong or right but it's no big deal.. The echos get tossed and imported into the inbound directory on Synchro but never get tossed the echo goes into the badareas.lst I have looked at the
    passwords, and the setup of the echo (I only setup 1 so far) and see nothing wrong. I know it's hard to say what it could be but is there anything I can check that I might be missing?? Thanks as always...

Al... paging Al or Digital Man... it's going to be a reasonably easy config thing you have missed but I'm sorry I don't know it myself :)

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Bucko on Sat Aug 25 16:11:00 2018
    On 08/24/18, Bucko pondered and said...

Just a quick add on, I am getting a message BINKOUT We got an M_EOB, but there are still 1 files pending M_GOT not sure what that means... Al? ;)

Sounds like session passwords perhaps?

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Bucko@21:4/131 to All on Sat Aug 25 00:12:22 2018
    Just another add on now, it looks like I figured out getting my echo out of
    my bad list, now my sbbsecho log is showing unrecognized internal code
    assumed passthru.. Looks like I am getting somewhere..

• From Bucko@21:4/131 to Avon on Sat Aug 25 00:17:36 2018
    On 08/25/18, Avon said the following...

Al... paging Al or Digital Man... it's going to be a reasonably easy config thing you have missed but I'm sorry I don't know it myself :)

Appreciate it Paul.. I know it is.. I've gotten a lot further along in the
    past half hour then I thought.. LOL

• From Bucko@21:4/131 to Avon on Sat Aug 25 00:18:46 2018

Sounds like session passwords perhaps?

Yea that 's what I thought, checked it and re-entered it and it is working
    for the most part.. Now the echos just passthrough.. I'm sure DigitalMan or
    Al will know right away... I'm just about off to bed...

• From Bucko@21:4/131 to Avon on Sat Aug 25 00:40:44 2018
    Figured it out!!! Jeez... I had a bad feeling it was because I didn't have a Areas.bbs for my locals... I got it working it was in the areas.bbs of
    synchro it had no idea where to send the files.. because the echos weren't listed... Thanks for being there Paul... I do apreciate it...

• From Al@21:4/106 to Bucko on Fri Aug 24 23:44:24 2018
    Re: Re: Thowing this out there..
    By: Bucko to all on Fri Aug 24 2018 11:40 pm

Just a quick add on, I am getting a message BINKOUT We got an M_EOB, but there are still 1 files pending M_GOT not sure what that means... Al? ;)

I'm not certain what that means. It may be a timing issue. When I see that I also see that we get an M_GOT shortly after and things seem to be working OK.

I also saw your message on DOVE-Net but you replied to it yourself that you had worked it out and I was late getting there. Busy life lately.

I've read about your new network setup but have been flying through the echoes to quickly lately (time again) to get a good grip on what you are doing but I think you are making progress?

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain just to eat vegetables! --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to Bucko on Fri Aug 24 23:46:02 2018
    By: Bucko to All on Sat Aug 25 2018 12:12 am

Just another add on now, it looks like I figured out getting my echo out of my bad list, now my sbbsecho log is showing unrecognized internal code assumed passthru.. Looks like I am getting somewhere..

Sounds like you are receiving mail in an unrecognized area?

Make sure your internal codes in areas.bbs match what you have in scfg for those message areas.

Al

... 75%, no, 72% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Bucko@21:4/131.1 to Al on Sat Aug 25 08:32:12 2018
    By: Al to Bucko on Fri Aug 24 2018 11:44 pm

I'm not certain what that means. It may be a timing issue. When I see that I also see that we get an M_GOT shortly after and things seem to be working OK.

I also saw your message on DOVE-Net but you replied to it yourself that you had worked it out and I was late getting there. Busy life lately.

I've read about your new network setup but have been flying through the echoes to quickly lately (time again) to get a good grip on what you are doing but I think you are making progress?

Al

Hi Al, yes I basically am setting up a shared message base between my Synchro and Mystic and most likely my AMiga board. I worked it out I guess I needed to talk it out a few times in Message bases to get over the hump so to speak. I need to join DoveNet. It was a couple of things. First I changed the front end from Binkley to Arcmail by accident. So that basically shut everything down. Then I never added the EchoBases to areas.bbs when setting up the other nets I imported the ***.na files. This one there is not one. Anyways, long story short I will finish it off today then work on getting my Amiga board tied in. THEN JOIN DOVENET! LOL Anyways, thanks for the concern and the response. Its good to know that there are a LOT of folks out there willing to help..
    --- SBBSecho 3.05-Win32
    * Origin: The Wrong Number Family Of BBS' - Wrong Number IV (21:4/131.1)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to Bucko on Sat Aug 25 10:23:20 2018
    By: Bucko to Al on Sat Aug 25 2018 08:32 am

I need to join DoveNet.

In the case of DOVE-Net, you just hook up if you want to. I thought you were already there or are you talking about one of your other boards?

so to speak. I need to join DoveNet. It was a couple of things. First I changed the front end from Binkley to Arcmail by accident.

Sounds like a job for FrontDoor. I haven't used FD in years though. It will do dial-up and mail sessions over telnet with mailers that support that (FD and BinkleyTerm) but I don't know if it can be made to do binkp sessions.

Then I never added the EchoBases to areas.bbs when setting up the other nets.

Yep, areas.bbs is how SBBS knows what we get from who, what we send to who and what to do with it when we get it.

THEN JOIN DOVENET!

Just hook up if you want to.. :)

Anyways, thanks for the concern and the response. Its good to know that there are a LOT of folks out there willing to help..

I'll always have a response (if I can understand the problem!)

Al

... Knock softly but firmly, I like soft, firm knockers.
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Bucko@21:4/131 to Al on Sat Aug 25 14:05:56 2018
    On 08/25/18, Al said the following...

In the case of DOVE-Net, you just hook up if you want to. I thought you were already there or are you talking about one of your other boards?

No I'm not, I will set it back up soon.. Need something to bother everyone with... ;)

Sounds like a job for FrontDoor. I haven't used FD in years though. It will do dial-up and mail sessions over telnet with mailers that support that (FD and BinkleyTerm) but I don't know if it can be made to do binkp sessions.

Nah, I'll stick with what works! BinkIt works. I am not changing it out.. LOL

Yep, areas.bbs is how SBBS knows what we get from who, what we send to
    who and what to do with it when we get it.

I knew it was something stupid that I wasn't doing.. I guess I just needed to talk it out online, because by 11pm my time I was going batty!

I'll always have a response (if I can understand the problem!)

Well I am not one for giving good info! Thanks though..

• From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to Bucko on Sun Aug 26 08:02:00 2018
    On 08-25-18 00:12, Bucko wrote to All <=-

Just another add on now, it looks like I figured out getting my echo
    out of my bad list, now my sbbsecho log is showing unrecognized
    internal code assumed passthru.. Looks like I am getting somewhere..

That can point to an issue in your areas.bbs file. Are the echoes correctly listed there with the uplink?

... A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)