• For The Honour and Galactic Dynasty

From garycrunk@21:2/105 to apam on Fri Sep 29 19:38:44 2017

In For The Honour... What is the Guild used for? I was thinking of, and maybe this is what the Guild is for, is a system where a player can get a "Quest" to go on for someone for money, like they used to do back then... If thats what the Guild is for, then Ignore me...

In Galactic Dynasty... I am sorry that I've been a little out-of-it lately, many things on the brain... And I feel a little behind. My question is:
    1) What "Version" of GD should I be running for Live Inter-BBS ?
    2) What "Version" of GD should I be running for Non-Inter-BBS version for testing?

I apologize for not being up-to-date in my head about your game(s)... I
    want to make sure I provide the best possible support for your games and systems.

I also am wondering about your BBS Package. Am I correct in assuming it is only for a Linux system? All I have here is Windows XP, Raspberry PI running Raspian... I "Suck" big time using the PI... I've never been good with linux, even though I've had to work on old Unix systems...

Anyway, I just thought I would try and Catch-Up on "Current-Events" here in BBS-Land.

Many Tanx
    Gary

----=[ Gary Crunk * Another F-ing BBS * anotherbbs.bbsindex.com ]=----

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Another F-ing BBS (21:2/105)
  • From apam@21:1/125 to garycrunk on Sat Sep 30 13:21:14 2017
    In For The Honour... What is the Guild used for? I was thinking of,
    and maybe this is what the Guild is for, is a system where a player can get a "Quest" to go on for someone for money, like they used to do back then... If thats what the Guild is for, then Ignore me...

The guild hall is just there to teach you special skills at level 10, 20
    and 30.

I suppose I could add quests, I'm not sure how it would work though.

1) What "Version" of GD should I be running for Live Inter-BBS ?

I think it was build 100. I'm pretty sure you're on the right build for
    that.

2) What "Version" of GD should I be running for Non-Inter-BBS version for testing?

What we've been testing lately is the new sprokets/ore thing. And also
    starting with a new versioning system. it would be 0.3.0-dev which you
    can just grab the latest on build.magickabbs.com.

I apologize for not being up-to-date in my head about your game(s)... I want to make sure I provide the best possible support for your games and systems.

It's all good, you're doing heaps for me, I just noticed the other day
    page three of your doors menu :) To be honest I've been pretty spoilt
    with people testing / playing my games.

I also am wondering about your BBS Package. Am I correct in assuming
    it is only for a Linux system? All I have here is Windows XP, Raspberry PI running Raspian... I "Suck" big time using the PI... I've never been good with linux, even though I've had to work on old Unix systems...

Sort of yes, it only runs on unix-ish systems, and is tested and known to
    work on Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and NetBSD. The cpu architecture shouldn't matter, but it's only been tested on x86_64 and arm/aarch64. So it does
    work on raspberry pi, odroid etc.

Windows support would require a lot of work, and as I don't really have a windows machine (I have a winxp vm, but that's it) I haven't bothered.

Andrew

--- MagickaBBS v0.7alpha (Linux/x86_64)
    * Origin: Exotica BBS - telnet://exoticabbs.com:2023/ (21:1/125)