• Re: BTW Hacker Emporium Pricing

From garycrunk@21:2/105 to apam on Sat Sep 23 06:11:46 2017

I've been looking at the prices for Hackers Emporium. I am thinking that
    the prices are too "Low". Because adding that much power makes the battles
    of other entities/people faster.

If I increase the pricing, it may make it harder to grow the power of your weapons effectiveness. I've noted that lets say Firewall Crusher's power is over 3000, it hits with such force, it wipes out the defenders firewall in 1 turn...

I think making it more expensive to increase your weapons power, the harder the game will be. As it stands, once you have anything over 3000, you can decimate the opponents defenses easily...

Your Thoughts?

Gary

----=[ Gary Crunk * Another F-ing BBS * anotherbbs.bbsindex.com ]=----

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Another F-ing BBS (21:2/105)
  • From apam@21:1/125 to garycrunk on Sun Sep 24 08:39:56 2017
    garycrunk said....

Andrew;

I've been looking at the prices for Hackers Emporium. I am thinking that the prices are too "Low". Because adding that much power makes the battles of other entities/people faster.

If I increase the pricing, it may make it harder to grow the power of your weapons effectiveness. I've noted that lets say Firewall Crusher's power is over 3000, it hits with such force, it wipes out the defenders firewall in 1 turn...

I think making it more expensive to increase your weapons power, the harder the game will be. As it stands, once you have anything over 3000, you can decimate the opponents defenses easily...

Your Thoughts?

Hmm, perhaps you could have a cap at 3000, so if you try and buy more it says you have the maximum or something.

Increasing the prices is also a good idea I think, it needs to be something you have to work towards, rather than buy on the first day. That's just my opinion.

Also, I'm wondering about what happens if say all the NPCs are exausted? I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to have them slowly build back up each nightly maitenance until they got back to their original state. Just an idea :)

I think you have a good game here :)

Andrew

--- MagickaBBS v0.7alpha (Linux/x86_64)
    * Origin: Exotica BBS - telnet://exoticabbs.com:2023/ (21:1/125)
  • From garycrunk@21:2/105 to apam on Sat Sep 23 16:00:16 2017
    says you have the maximum or something.
    Increasing the prices is also a good idea I think, it needs to be something you have to work towards, rather than buy on the first day. That's just my opinion.

Interesting... I will look into that.
    As it stands now, if you defeat a Non-Human, it will stay that way until you run RESETFUL.EXE... Then it brings all Non-Humans back to their "Random" levels.

The reason I initially did that was when Human players played, the goal is to break all of the web... that means they have to search out healthy Non-Humans... They should be able to find "Defeated" Non-Humans laying
    around. Makes the search a little better.

I've been working on BTW and Startrek this morning, fixing little things I
    did not like, or you commented on.

For BTW, I did change the Hackers Emporium in that the Power Level you
    purchase is Much Less... i.e. 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 instead of 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000.

I also made some changes to the Send Email part so you won't Backspace to oblivion or exceed the line length limit.

In Star Trek, I also changed some things as well as repaired the
    Non-Functional Damage Control... Now you can actually Repair the ship... Amazing I know..

Anyway, Let me know if you want me to Upload those changes for both BTW and Startrek...

Again,
    Thank you so much for helping me with these 2 games...
    Gary Crunk

----=[ Gary Crunk * Another F-ing BBS * anotherbbs.bbsindex.com ]=----

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Another F-ing BBS (21:2/105)
  • From apam@21:1/125 to garycrunk on Sun Sep 24 09:14:42 2017
    The reason I initially did that was when Human players played, the goal
    is to break all of the web... that means they have to search out healthy Non-Humans... They should be able to find "Defeated" Non-Humans laying around. Makes the search a little better

That makes sense.

For BTW, I did change the Hackers Emporium in that the Power Level you purchase is Much Less... i.e. 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 instead of 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000

I think that's a good idea, keeps things easier to obtain but not too
    over powered.

I also made some changes to the Send Email part so you won't Backspace to oblivion or exceed the line length limit.

hehehe.. cool.

In Star Trek, I also changed some things as well as repaired the Non-Functional Damage Control... Now you can actually Repair the ship... Amazing I know.

Cool, I don't play star trek as much as BTW, but this is good to know :)
    I really need to play more so I learn the game, I figured out how to
    shoot things, my plan is to play the original Star Trec until I master it
    then move on to Star Trek Enhanced.

Anyway, Let me know if you want me to Upload those changes for both BTW and Startrek..

Yes please :)

Again, Thank you so much for helping me with these 2 games... Gary Crunk

No worries! I enjoy being able to test new BBS things, and with doors
    it's easy because I don't have to keep setting up new BBSes lol.

Andrew

--- MagickaBBS v0.7alpha (Linux/x86_64)
    * Origin: Exotica BBS - telnet://exoticabbs.com:2023/ (21:1/125)