• DOSEMU

From alterego@21:2/116 to Spectre on Sun Apr 12 13:01:40 2020
    Hey Spectre,

Cant remember if I asked you - but have you tried running your BBS in DOSEMU?

I've spun my 1995 BBS up using it (was testing the EMSI hub), and it seems pretty rock solid.

I'm using dosemu in a docker container (https://github.com/jgoerzen/docker-dos-bbs) and it seems to work well.

I have 2 nodes running (with Portal of Power as the frontend), and the CPU is around 6%.

Outside the container, I have tcpser and tty0tty, with each dosemu using a /dev/tntX serial device. File transfers have been floorless so far.

YMMV, but if you want to try this route, you might remove some moving parts (like the NFS bit)...
    ...deon

... The best number for a dinner party is 2. Myself and a damn good headwaite --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: I'm playing with ANSI+videotex - wanna play too? (21:2/116)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Mon Apr 13 00:13:00 2020
    Cant remember if I asked you - but have you tried running your BBS
    in DOSEMU?

I looked at it briefly, but had some kind of issue with it, when I was trying to get it setup. Quite possibly it was how I expected it to work vs how it actually wanted to work. But DOS and RLFOSSIL ended up meeting my
    expectations and being easy enough to configure.

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: (21:3/101)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to alterego on Mon Apr 13 00:13:00 2020

ant remember if I asked you - but have you tried running your BBS
    in DOSEMU?

I looked at it briefly, but had some kind of issue with it, when I was trying to get it setup. Quite possibly it was how I expected it to work vs how it actually wanted to work. But DOS and RLFOSSIL ended up meeting my
    expectations and being easy enough to configure.

Spec

--- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: (21:3/101)